Sites to download High Res audio?

jamesg11

Re: Sites to download High Res audio?
« Reply #20 on: 17 Mar 2011, 06:22 am »
Found this - http://www.georgeharrison.com/#/store/uk/detail/6223 - ie. "all things must pass" (2010,  in 24/96).  There is a US store.  Good thing is sq - apparently a cut above the 2001 cd release which I know is dyn comp.  See http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/index.php?search_artist=&search_album=all+things+must+pass

skunark

« Reply #21 on: 17 Mar 2011, 06:40 am »
It would be really great if the facilitator could start a new sticky thread and maintain the list in the very first post.

HumanMedia

« Reply #22 on: 20 Mar 2011, 09:52 am »
http://bluecoastrecords.com/

The Blue Coast Collection is excellent.  They sell DSD fies too.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #23 on: 20 Mar 2011, 02:37 pm »
Skunark, I will attempt to go back and edit this list from time to time (already have several times) but most of what is being brought up (i.e the latest post about Cookie's wonderful Blue Coast Records) I've already put  on there.

Naun

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jan 2012, 06:15 pm »
There's also eClassical.com. It's notable for having a very large number of BIS titles, mostly in 24/44, which have not previously been available in any hi-rez format. They also offer discounts on selected new releases and currently run a daily "special" where a random title (sometimes but not always hi-rez) is available for half off.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2012, 03:24 pm by Naun »

Blueshirt1

« Reply #25 on: 27 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm »
I've tried to buy from HDTracks but cant seem to figure out how to create an account. All I am prompted for is if I am a returning user. Is this site closed for new members?

rw@cn

« Reply #26 on: 28 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm »
downloadsnow.net

wisnon

rw@cn

« Reply #28 on: 11 Feb 2013, 04:46 pm »
I've tried to buy from HDTracks but cant seem to figure out how to create an account. All I am prompted for is if I am a returning user. Is this site closed for new members?

Do you see this on the left?

New to HDtracks?
Learn and get a Free Download!

One of those lines is the link to creating an account.

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
« Reply #29 on: 15 Feb 2013, 12:31 am »
Does anybody know how to download and import the meta data at archive.org?  It's awful tedious to rename each file individually.  I've posted a question in their forum but I can't get an answer.  There must be an easier way to rename the flac files.  By the way, has anyone tried this software in conjunction with the Internet Archive site.  I read somewhere that it was useful.

Thanks,
Mike

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #30 on: 15 Feb 2013, 12:34 am »
Does anybody know how to download and import the meta data at archive.org?  It's awful tedious to rename each file individually.  I've posted a question in their forum but I can't get an answer.  There must be an easier way to rename the flac files.  By the way, has anyone tried this software in conjunction with the Internet Archive site.  I read somewhere that it was useful.

Thanks,
Mike
If what you want to do is rename, add or edit tags then this program works geat:
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

You ca rename files based on tags, reate tags based on file names...and more.

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
« Reply #31 on: 15 Feb 2013, 01:12 am »
If what you want to do is rename, add or edit tags then this program works geat:
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

You ca rename files based on tags, reate tags based on file names...and more.

Thanks for the response but I need some more dots.  When I down load a concert from archive.org such as
https://ia701505.us.archive.org/19/items/ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit/  the filenames typically follow this format:
ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit.01.flac

Also on the page will be a group of files that refer to texts and meta data:

ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit.ffp                   27-Oct-2012 18:07                 781
ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit.info.txt              29-Oct-2012 14:17                2231
ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit.md5                   27-Oct-2012 18:07                 886
ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit_archive.torrent       29-Oct-2012 19:14               28001
ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit_files.xml             29-Oct-2012 19:14                5423
ch2011-12-12.EarlyShow.24bit_meta.xml              29-Oct-2012 19:14                2471

It seems that the information is all there but I don't know how to utilize to tag the files rather than renaming them one by one.  What am I missing?

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #32 on: 13 Apr 2013, 01:57 am »
Techies, I have a question:

I tried to download the HDtracks sampler today. What a pain. I just got my Bryston BDP2 digital player and BDA D/A converter and was looking forward to a pleasant experience purchasing and listening to high-res tracks.

Files either failed to download or downloaded without cover art. HDtracks support has reset the download permission for me twice, but the same problems occur. I have a very speedy internet connection and a recent i7 iMac. I had no problem downloading sampler files from Naim and other sites.

Is this a typical problem?

I've read of the file resolution problems with HDtracks, and it seems to me that, in addition to this, the site design and operations are egregious. Their CS is grudgingly helpful at best.

I would think that my profile would fit well with HDtracks' customer goals, but if my experience today is typical there's no way I want to support this enterprise. I look forward to your comments and recommendations.

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

firedog

« Reply #33 on: 13 Apr 2013, 05:32 am »
Ever since they built the new downloader, I've had no problems with either the downloads or the speed. Have you tried using a different computer just to make sure the problem isn't somehow based on a single machine?

Techies, I have a question:

I tried to download the HDtracks sampler today. What a pain. I just got my Bryston BDP2 digital player and BDA D/A converter and was looking forward to a pleasant experience purchasing and listening to high-res tracks.

Files either failed to download or downloaded without cover art. HDtracks support has reset the download permission for me twice, but the same problems occur. I have a very speedy internet connection and a recent i7 iMac. I had no problem downloading sampler files from Naim and other sites.

Is this a typical problem?

I've read of the file resolution problems with HDtracks, and it seems to me that, in addition to this, the site design and operations are egregious. Their CS is grudgingly helpful at best.

I would think that my profile would fit well with HDtracks' customer goals, but if my experience today is typical there's no way I want to support this enterprise. I look forward to your comments and recommendations.

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #34 on: 13 Apr 2013, 03:15 pm »
Good point, firedog. I have also tried with my MacBook Pro: same result. It seems odd that the audio file but not the cover art would download.

Has HDtracks' customer service been responsive in your experience?

Rich

rbbert

« Reply #35 on: 13 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm »
IME they are responsive but very slow, perhaps taking several days to respond in worst case!

loopyground

« Reply #36 on: 14 Apr 2013, 01:04 am »
Good point, firedog. I have also tried with my MacBook Pro: same result. It seems odd that the audio file but not the cover art would download.

Has HDtracks' customer service been responsive in your experience?

Rich

Are you sure there is no artwork showing when you play the music files as I found that image files are no longer in the music files but the artwork still shows when I play the music.  I'm using an iPad and two iPods to control my music on my BDP-1 and despite no image files in the music files the artwork magically appears when I play the music.

In the old days I had to rename the image file "Folder" but now I don't need to do anything so I guess somehow the artwork is embedded in the track files.

I'm not a techie so I can't do more than tell you what I have found.

Cheers

rw@cn

« Reply #37 on: 14 Apr 2013, 02:51 pm »
My experience indicates that downloads from HDTracks do not contain a JPG file only a PDF file which may or may not contain more than cover art. In order to get cover art to display when playing an album I have to insert a JPG file in each folder (This is for my Invicta DAC). YMMV

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #38 on: 28 Aug 2013, 01:27 pm »
I have had the pleasure of meeting and knowing Steve Hoffman, the great mastering engineer.  Well Steve...along with his partner in Analogue Productions analog-to-DSD remasters, Kevin Gray, have been working with Chad Kassem's money, influence and vision to create the Analogue Productions label, and a wealth of wonderful jazz DSD reissues on SACD.

Today they  have released 26 of these titles on Chad's Acoustic Sounds sister website Super HiRez, for DSD downloads!  And they cost less than the SACD (I am not sure what they are going to do for the 3 channel work they did on Nat King Cole, for example).   Anyway, thanks Chad!!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?store=SuperHiRez

Articles claim they have worked a deal with Universal for 40 more titles, too.  :)

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 28 Aug 2013, 01:37 pm »
I have had the pleasure of meeting and knowing Steve Hoffman, the great mastering engineer.  Well...his work, along with his partner in Analogue Productions analog-to-DSD remasters, Kevin Gray, have been working with Chad Kassem's money, influence and vision to create Analogue Productions label, and a wealth of wonderful jazz DSD reissues on SACD.

Today they  have released 26 of these titles on Chad's Acoustic Sounds sister website Super HiRez, for DSD downloads!  And they cost less than the SACD (I am not sure what they are going to do for the 3 channel work they did on Nat King Cole, for example).   Anyway, thanks Chad!!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?store=SuperHiRez

Articles claim they have worked a deal with Universal for 40 more titles, too.  :)
Nice to see some for $25.  I really like Cookie's work but at $50 each, it's not happening for me.