Coming: New Top of the Line VPI - - Direct Drive Table

roscoeiii

Re: Coming: New Top of the Line VPI - - Direct Drive Table
« Reply #60 on: 4 Apr 2013, 12:32 am »
Mine does the same, but also uses 12v DC as initial power, then produces a 1/4 sine wave in the digital domain and replicates it 3 more times and inverts appropriately to make a complete sine wave, then converts back to AC where you can also adjust for phase and amplifies it to the correct AC voltage. The SDS does not adjust for AC phase, instead using the phase inversion cap in the motor to approximate phase.

Bob, what are you using? Upgraded motor (prob DC) or motor controller is next on my to-do list.

BobM

« Reply #61 on: 4 Apr 2013, 01:48 pm »
It's a controller designed by Mark Kelly. There were only a few of us who built them. They were a pretty complex and aggressive DIY project. Mark didn't want to support the myriad of questions that came out of the build - his build notes and board layout and adjustment descriptions were not precise enough on their own and the extra time he needed to spend supporting it was excessive.

However the end result, once working properly and adjusted correctly is awesome. A motor spinning in your hand outside of the casing is effectively vibrationless; truly smooth and almost feels like it isn't even turned on.

roscoeiii

« Reply #62 on: 4 Apr 2013, 03:00 pm »
You lucky duck. I'd love to get ahold of one of them.