Linked Events

• New York Audio Show (2016): 4 Nov 2016 - 6 Nov 2016

New York Audio Show (2016)

ServerAdmin

New York Audio Show (2016)
« on: 12 Oct 2016, 12:08 am »
New York Audio Show
Manhattan, NY (Park Lane Hotel on Central Park South)
November 4th – 6th 2016
https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2016

rodge827

Re: New York Audio Show (2016)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2016, 04:04 am »
Hope to see some Acer's there :thumb:

I will be in the Charney Audio Room with the newly released Companion rear loaded horn.

Chris

« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2019, 10:12 pm by rodge827 »

gene9p

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2016, 01:18 pm »
I plan on going Sunday.... :green:

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2016, 11:38 pm »
Triode Wire Labs is very pleased to be teaming up with fellow AC Sponsor Vinnie Rossi for the upcoming New York Audio Show 2016, this Friday, Saturday & Sunday, November 4th – 6th!

The New York Audio Show (https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2016) will take place at the luxurious Park Lane Hotel on Central Park South, one of Manhattan’s most prestigious locations. Vinnie will have his latest & greatest LIO DHT integrated as well as his VR-120 amplifier. Vinnie will also have his VR MINI (Vinnie is taking pre-orders starting tomorrow:
www.vinnierossi.com/mini), an isolated, ultra capacitor power supply with super-regulated output.  The one that Vinnie will have for the show is a pre-production prototype.

We will also be partnering with Greg Roberts from Volti Audio and Walter Swanbon from Fidelis Audio Video. Greg will be bringing a gorgeous Rosewood pair of his new Volti "Rival" loudspeakers & Walter will be bringing a special Acoustic Signature turntable.

This will be a blast!  :banana piano: Libations will be served once again, as usual! :beer:

Cheers,
Pete

vtvu

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2016, 01:31 am »
Danacable will be there too with the now-famous A/B headphones cable demo comparing Danacable Lazuli versus stock cable.  We will also show the prototype DanaTone Head-Space headphones amplifier and the new Lazuli Reference cable.
Find us in the room right behind the Show Registration table.

BobM

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2016, 11:27 am »
Remember, Sunday is the NY Marathon, so the area will be a mess. Go on Friday or Saturday if you can.

spoutmouzert

« Reply #6 on: 7 Nov 2016, 11:36 pm »
I went via public transport from North Jersey, the hotel was just next to a metro stop so the marathon didn't affect things too much for me.  It was my first audio show and i enjoyed it very much.  Very friendly.  The only room i couldn't get into was the audio arts room i think.  Maybe it was quieter on Sunday and the marathon did put a few folks off.  Highlights were GamuT, Mola Mola/YG, Technics, Prism/ATC, & Sonner speaker rooms.  Oh and some big horn speakers were great.   I was hoping my jaw would drop at my first audio show but it didn't quite happen unfortunately, maybe i am more of a sound snob than i thought! That or the famous small NY hotel rooms!  Still I did get a few music requests in!  Cheers

willsw

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2016, 02:07 am »
Oh and some big horn speakers were great.   I was hoping my jaw would drop at my first audio show but it didn't quite happen unfortunately, maybe i am more of a sound snob than i thought! That or the famous small NY hotel rooms!  Still I did get a few music requests in!  Cheers

I'm guessing those big horns were the incredible Sadurni Miracoli speakers that we shared a room with. Possibly the always great Volti, though. Excluding our room (this is the first show I can honestly say that our room was my favorite sounding room of the show) Volti was at the top of my list, along with GamuT. I can't remember a lot of the rooms, as I did most of my wandering Friday and a lot happened after that. Music selection kept me from enjoying or judging Ohm and Audio Note accurately, and I never made it back to those rooms. Wish I had found time for another round.

gene9p

« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2016, 03:16 am »
you mean these..LOL..I was there Saturday...too hot and crowded for me..stuffy tiny rooms for the most part

Robert Zohn

• Audio and Video enthusiasts
    • Value Electronics
« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2016, 02:56 am »
I went via public transport from North Jersey, the hotel was just next to a metro stop so the marathon didn't affect things too much for me.  It was my first audio show and i enjoyed it very much.  Very friendly.  The only room i couldn't get into was the audio arts room i think.  Maybe it was quieter on Sunday and the marathon did put a few folks off.  Highlights were GamuT, Mola Mola/YG, Technics, Prism/ATC, & Sonner speaker rooms.  Oh and some big horn speakers were great.   I was hoping my jaw would drop at my first audio show but it didn't quite happen unfortunately, maybe i am more of a sound snob than i thought! That or the famous small NY hotel rooms!  Still I did get a few music requests in!  Cheers

Glad you like my Technics room!  It was set-up by Technics National manager who is a very skillful audio enthusiast.  We had a lot of very positive comments on the room and how well the systems we demo'd performed.  Technics new Grand Class SL-1200G turntable was the highlight of the room. 

I also had room 902 next door to our Technics room where we showed a 5.1.4 Atmos system with Marantz's flagship processor the AV8802A and Marantz 2-channel and 7- channel power amps.  The source was Panasonic's new DMP-UB900 4K HDR BD player and we had LG's new 77" G6 Signature Series 4K HDR OLED TV.  The speakers were all Definitive Technologies flagship powered bi-polar towers.  Impressive for a theatrical 9 channel Atmos 4K HDR demo, but heavy on the bass. 

I also loved the Sadurni Miracoli horn speaker demo. The sound wrapped around me.  One of my personal favorite NY Audio Show demos.