SOLD: BRYSTON 2.5B3 Black - As New

Flac2Dac

SOLD: BRYSTON 2.5B3 Black - As New
« on: 15 Nov 2017, 04:29 pm »
Thanks Patrick!  :thumb:

Let's see; what to say:

- I owned the 4B3 before this, and realized I didn't need that much power. Traded "down", because a) I have always taken the with-more-power-come-more-"problems" idiom, with a grain of truth (the more controlling feedback, and artifact nasties, etc.); and b) this stellar review, piqued my interest

http://www.10audio.com/bryston_2.5b3.htm

Those of you, who read JS; know, he's a no bullsh*t kinda reviewer...and IMO, hardly ever entirely likes anything, lol. Well...needless to say; he LOVED the 2.5B3.

- The amp, has absolutely NO sonic signature; which is to say, entirely neutral. But I also never found it, to be strident or hard/harsh sounding in any way; which is to say...it must be at least somewhat forgiving, of less than stellar input. I used it...when I did...mostly with the excellent Backert Labs Rhumba 1.2 (also FS, as the only reason I'm moving either piece; is I go back and forth between IAs and seps...and I've landed on the IA square again).

- I use the same name (hiendpawn), at AudiogoN. Check out the feedback, and you'll see: when I say as-new...I mean, as-new! I traded "down", as I said; while I was waiting on delivery, started playing with some other pieces to tide me over. When I got it...I un-boxed and hooked it up, exuberantly; and think it's a fine, fine piece. But I'd already moved on to the idea, of maybe finally..."settling down", and "simplifying"; with an IA.

So...it got some hours (probably not even enough, to "break-in"); and then kinda sat on the sidelines...while I committed to the idea, of really moving on.

Here are a few pics. Not sure, how "pretty"...you can make, this monolithic, black box; but here they are. Please PM me for any additional questions, or relevant "shop" talk.

Buyer should expect to pay actual shipping, and any fees that would be incurred, with PayPal, etc.

Even under the hot eye, of the camera-flash; you can see...all the Top needs, is a light dusting!

« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2017, 01:48 am by Flac2Dac »

Flac2Dac

Re: FS: BRYSTON 2.5B3 Black - As New
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2017, 08:06 pm »
 :thumb:

pdkm

Re: SOLD: BRYSTON 2.5B3 Black - As New
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2017, 01:30 am »
Thanks Chris! Amp arrived in perfect condition. Have a good holidays!