Omega desktop nirvana

guillaume bougard

Omega desktop nirvana
« on: 20 Nov 2014, 02:43 pm »
Louis has invented a new way to get high.

I received the Omega desktop 3's this afternoon and plugged them to my office mac/dac. To inaugurate them, I played my new album Dubrising (by Sly & Robbie mixed by Paul "Groucho" Smykle). This is the best album I've ever released, period. The dub versions cooked up by Groucho are exquisite and the already exquisite songs he used to create this dub album are now truly at a totally higher better magical level. I dont mean to brag, everyone who has the album says so.

Anyway enough of me and my album. The speakers reveal stuff I didnt even know are there. I keep having these holy shit moments at every freaking song. Like Holy shit, I discovered something new in my own production!!! Holy shit, this sounds like a nice album, holy shit, where did this come from? etc...

I'm like hallucinating because whenever I close my eyes, I have to quickly open them again and look for that instrument that's hiding somewhere in between the speakers, behind the screen of the mac and that just popped out of nowhere...

Those of you guys who used pot will know what I'm talking about: remember the first times you got blazed and were listening to your favorite record, age 16 or so, and were literally tripping on the music, going DEEEEEEEEP into the mix and latching on to some detail that NOBODY BUT YOU had heard before??? And jerking "awake" because it just didn't make any sense, and feeling a bit paranoid and hilarious at the same time because you were part of the music?

I've been clean for so many years, but this is exactly what these speakers do to me.

WAY TO GO, LOUIS! Thanks for the wonderful experience, man.

PS = how am I going to be able to work in this place now?????????

Brad

Re: Omega desktop nirvana
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2014, 03:13 pm »
Great news.  I would imagine the 4.5" fullranger to be terrific in near-field.

What are you using to drive them?

guillaume bougard

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2014, 03:51 pm »
Great news.  I would imagine the 4.5" fullranger to be terrific in near-field.

What are you using to drive them?

Here at the office, nothing spectacular but pleasant.

Louis pointed to audioengine's N22 amp http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Amplifier

I am using my AK120 player as a DAC between the amp and the MacBookPro 13'. I use aiff or alac files, and, whenever possible, 24bit or higher.

It is an office first and foremost and while the company that pays me (I dont run a label full time anymore: I still produce stuff, but only during my spare time at night or during vacation time...) lets me store records and stuff, I can't turn this place into an auditorium.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2014, 04:48 pm »
Nice, the RS5s are great drivers.  :thumb:

Links to download samples of the album? 

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2014, 06:21 pm »
Thanks for that Giullaume.  The N22 is an absolute sleeper of an amp and mates beautifully with the RS5 based speakers.  However, if you want to go from pot to acid, try a Decware Super Zen in front of your Desktops.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2014, 06:54 am »
Nice, the RS5s are great drivers.  :thumb:

Links to download samples of the album?

you can check out the album

https://taxitabou1.bandcamp.com/album/sly-robbie-dubrising-hi-rez-audio-edition

but if you are interested in it, I strongly advise you to get the double 45rpm edition.

https://taxitabou1.bandcamp.com/album/sly-robbie-limited-audiophile-edition-2x45rpm-180g-vinyl

or

http://taxi.bigcartel.com/product/sly-robbie-dubrising

or ErnieB, Amazon US store, etc...

guillaume bougard

« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2014, 08:03 am »
Thanks for that Giullaume.  The N22 is an absolute sleeper of an amp and mates beautifully with the RS5 based speakers.  However, if you want to go from pot to acid, try a Decware Super Zen in front of your Desktops.

I've never experienced with acid, but I guess it's never too late. Do those babies have a 110/220 switch. I live in EU with 220 but could be moving back to the US in a few years. And if I could avoid yet another transformer here...

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov 2014, 06:00 pm »
I've never experienced with acid, but I guess it's never too late. Do those babies have a 110/220 switch. I live in EU with 220 but could be moving back to the US in a few years. And if I could avoid yet another transformer here...
As far as the drug acid goes, don't.  I speak from experience of many years ago.  As far as aural acid goes - have at er.  As far as I know the Super Zen must be ordered with one voltage or the other.  That said, if you move back to North America, I'm sure Decware can switch out the power supply.  It's a very simple amp.  An email to Steve would get you an exact answer.