Joule Blacks are in the house

Wolfpack85

Re: Joule Blacks are in the house
« Reply #20 on: 19 Nov 2014, 07:18 pm »
  Beautiful fit and finish. Me thinks your gonna get some bass feedback into the TT now. Serious bass now, oh my !

charles

The top of the baffle looks like bare ply showing and the baffle doesn't seem even with the rest of the speaker. I was sent pics of a Cirrus where the baffle is about 1/8" higher than the speaker. Can't tell from the sitting position I guess but it isn't a perfect fit.

EdRo

« Reply #21 on: 19 Nov 2014, 07:30 pm »
Good ole Vortrex and Wolfpack85. Funny, I only saw a nice looking set of speakers. I honestly didn't see anything wrong. sigh. I think that they look great!

roscoeiii

« Reply #22 on: 19 Nov 2014, 07:38 pm »
Not seeing anything either. We'll let the owner pipe in.

vortrex

« Reply #23 on: 19 Nov 2014, 07:42 pm »
This was meant to be more of a general observation, not necessarily related to Vapor.  More about how can people make bold statements about the build quality of gear without ever seeing it.  But yes, what I was seeing is the top of the baffle is not even with the top of the speaker.  And no, I am not Wolfpack talking to myself.

Eugene2

« Reply #24 on: 19 Nov 2014, 07:47 pm »
Go to page five of latest builds there are better pictures of this set of Joules, doesn't appear to be any bare ply, could be reflection in photo.

vortrex

« Reply #25 on: 19 Nov 2014, 08:01 pm »
I see the exact same thing in those pictures, don't you?  We should probably leave it at some people's opinion on build quality is vastly different than others.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #26 on: 19 Nov 2014, 08:15 pm »
I don't think anyone in this forum can unequivocally comment on the build quality unless they are standing in the room with said speakers looking at them. Anything else is conjuncture.

That said, I think they look great from what I can discern from a picture. If there is a flaw, I can't see it. So I can't say without doubt they are perfect. Just like vortex can't say they aren't. At least not from the pictures provided.

Factorz

« Reply #27 on: 19 Nov 2014, 08:23 pm »
Nice looking setup. I'm sure you are super happy with them and the sound they are producing for you.

dpatters

« Reply #28 on: 19 Nov 2014, 08:35 pm »
  The top of the baffle looks like bare ply showing and the baffle doesn't seem even with the rest of the speaker. I was sent pics of a Cirrus where the baffle is about 1/8" higher than the speaker. Can't tell from the sitting position I guess but it isn't a perfect fit.
The speakers are absolutely perfect.  My photography maybe not. Anyone who saw these at RMAF can attest to the build quality. Every thing lines up perfectly and there isn't an imperfection anywhere in the veneer.

Don

spreadspectrum

« Reply #29 on: 19 Nov 2014, 11:06 pm »
Don, they look spectacular.  I'm also glad to hear they pair well with the nCores, as I'll be using the same amps with mine.  Congratulations.

Ryan

dpatters

« Reply #30 on: 20 Nov 2014, 12:44 pm »
Ryan, Keep me updated on your build. The worst part is when they are in transit and you pray for no shipping issues. When they arrive you will need at least one other person to help.  Three was really good.  We had them uncrated and up and running inside of an hour.

Don

spreadspectrum

« Reply #31 on: 20 Nov 2014, 04:48 pm »
Ryan, Keep me updated on your build. The worst part is when they are in transit and you pray for no shipping issues. When they arrive you will need at least one other person to help.  Three was really good.  We had them uncrated and up and running inside of an hour.

Don

Will do.  Indeed, I have already fretted over the shipping.  I am within reasonable distance of St. Louis and have even gone so far as to wonder about renting a van and driving there to get them... wouldn't really solve the manpower issue upon return, however.  We'll see.  Thanks.

roscoeiii

« Reply #32 on: 20 Nov 2014, 04:59 pm »
Will do.  Indeed, I have already fretted over the shipping.  I am within reasonable distance of St. Louis and have even gone so far as to wonder about renting a van and driving there to get them... wouldn't really solve the manpower issue upon return, however.  We'll see.  Thanks.

Yep, that's what I'd do. Rent a van.

pconley2

« Reply #33 on: 20 Nov 2014, 06:38 pm »
Vapor put my Joules on a Pallet, one box with the 2 woofers screwed to the pallet and two boxes of one each for the mid/tweets.  they were all shrinkwrapped together.  Of course, they were the items closest to the Cab of the truck, farthest from the door when they got to my house.  The ideal method would have been to have a small fork lift or one of those devices they use in Home Depot to move large pallets of stuff around.  Obviously, my guys didn't have one of those, in the process of trying to pull the woofer boxes off the pallet, which they didn't know were screwed to each other, they pulled the woofer boxes off the pallet, tearing out the screws that held them.  Happily, there was no damage done to the woofers, although their box was damaged.

Ryan, if you can drive to St. Louis and pick them up, that would be the best way because you could keep the woofers in separate containers/boxes (which by themselves are not too heavy).  The mid/tweets are well packed as Ryan/Vapor has been shipping Cirrus' for quite a while.

happy to talk about my experience if you would like.

Phil

Phil A

« Reply #34 on: 20 Nov 2014, 07:41 pm »
When I got my Odyssey rack (which is about 350 lbs.) it went air freight from Indianapolis airport to the Orlando airport and then Klaus (from Odyssey) got someone to get it from the Orlando airport to me (it's about a 45 minute drive but I didn't have a vehicle big enough last June - probably would be able to get it into the current vehicle).  The packages with the 2 sets of speaker stands for my surrounds was 400 lbs. net weight.  It's tough shipping heavy things and then getting someone to help at the perfect time.

pconley2

« Reply #35 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:07 pm »
Nice Rack, if that is not to politically incorrect  :lol:

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #36 on: 20 Nov 2014, 10:34 pm »
What are they using as mid range drivers in those,  have any idea ?

Looks awesome.

Thanks. ..

a.wayne

« Reply #37 on: 20 Nov 2014, 10:41 pm »

I think the Ncores and the Joules are going to be a great match. The resolution and detail are all there but it sounds like music. Not analytical or bright. More to come...

Don

Love the look , really nice looking speakers .....

roscoeiii

« Reply #38 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:45 pm »
What are they using as mid range drivers in those,  have any idea ?

Looks awesome.

Thanks. ..

Details can be found here. Vapor is very upfront about the drivers they use. Magic is in the crossover and cabinets...

http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/joule-black/

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #39 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:53 pm »
roscoeiii,

Love the design of Vapors, just very simple, but elegant.  Very handsome and refined. Powerfull looking.

A little pricey for me, but I'm sure they are worth it.

Looks like a brute, dressed in a tuxedo.  Very nice... very balanced looking.

Thanks.....