Mint vinyl from my LP collection to yours :)

Sonab

Mint vinyl from my LP collection to yours :)
« on: 22 Nov 2016, 06:50 am »
A lot of you guys have come by over the last couple of years, as I started to downsize my vinyl collection, mostly in mint condition.
Big thanks to thunderbrick and Ken for the rave reviews that made sure I got cleaned out the last time :)

This time 75% of my remaining collection is going.
About 500 classical albums are going. Vintage RCA, Mercury, DG with lots of imports and still sealed albums. Many of them bought  in Europe in the 1970"s and 1980's
About 500 Rock, Jazz, Folk and Americana / Roots albums.
Another 200-300 of misc eclectic albums.

$4 per record worked fine 3 years ago. I forgot to adjust for inflation :)

45's / Singles. Yes, tons of them. Soul, disco, rock.
Gabe, are you still around? Again, thanks for an excellent review :)

My previous posts on GAS, got responses from all over the country, but you nice local STL folks have cleaned me out every time so far, so local buyers get priority.

Folsom

Re: Mint vinyl from my LP collection to yours :)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2016, 07:37 am »
Well there's a reason people from out of town are interested... where I'm at it's like 90% junk, or full dollar value from the Internet. I mean not always, but there's people that monitor and have connections at thrift store, and Craiglist is almost always really stupid.

At $4 a pop someone could walk away with a fair amount of good music instead of one, maybe two albums.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2016, 01:02 pm »
Uh, aren't you out there by the new Half-Price Books?

I may be back in STL tomorrow early evening.  And again Sunday.  Got time?    :thumb:

mreeter

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2016, 05:13 pm »
Would love to make it to your place, but can't get away until mid next week. I might send a p.m. at that time to see what you have left?

Sonab

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2016, 08:05 pm »
I was surprised to see how many of you still had my contact info.
Happy to hear that you guys liked the vinyl you got from me the last time.

While I am free this week, it may have been a bad idea to schedule something right before a holiday, based on the fact that everyone that set something up with me for yesterday or today, has had to reschedule for the weekend :)

This of course means that all the vinyl is still here and up for sale as of now.

I can schedule almost anytime on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

P.S.
My large LaserDisc collection is being offered this time too :)

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2016, 05:11 pm »
What store is this? Sorry I'm newish here

Sonab

« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2016, 07:19 pm »
No, I do not have a store. I just have a very big personal record collection, that I have been giving the GAS members the "early bird special" on, whenever it's time to thin the heard, because you are a nice bunch of guys.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2016, 12:46 am »
Do you happen to have a list of the available titles? I'm mainly interested in rock albums.

usp1

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2016, 04:10 am »
No, I do not have a store. I just have a very big personal record collection, that I have been giving the GAS members the "early bird special" on, whenever it's time to thin the heard, because you are a nice bunch of guys.

You are three hours away but this may be worth a road trip!! 

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2016, 06:33 am »
Hi, Sonab.  I bought some nice vinyl from you a while back.  I am interested in whatever classical bits you may still have.

Are you still out off of Clarkson and Baxter ?  I think I can find my way back to your hooch, with a little help.  Please send me a PM with your current address.

The last time we talked, you had become a Sibelius fan.  I have been warming up to his music myself lately.  The SLSO did a nice piece this weekend - "Pohjala's Daughter", in the first half of the program.  Beautiful music.  (Stephen Hough did Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto in the second half - simply magnificent.)

I also bought a new Volvo for the days when the Corvette doesn't want to get cold or wet.  A V60 sport wagon (the Brits would call it a "flying brake").  Love to show it to you - a very nice machine.

Cheers, Don Bingaman

mreeter

« Reply #10 on: 30 Nov 2016, 09:51 pm »
Paid a visit to Peter today and came home with a bounty of Vinyl, anyone within driving distance needs to hook up with Peter, very nice fellow, very knowledgeable and has LOTS of LP's in very good condition, at great prices!

Nice to meet you Peter, I will be back one day! Cheers, Mike

Sonab

« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2016, 06:23 am »
Mike,
Thanks for stopping by and for giving a stack of my albums a good home. I enjoyed the conversation.

And to the rest of you guys, don't worry, I still have a ton of good albums left.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #12 on: 10 Dec 2016, 03:25 pm »
Sonab, for those of us who aren't regional to you, and in the spirit of the holidays, I think that as a selfless service to the AC community you should rent a truck, load up the remaining vinyl and drive around the country visiting various AC member's home towns. Sort of like the Good Humor man but instead of selling ice cream you'd be selling affordable vinyl! And instead of your truck playing the Good Humor jingle, you could be blasting the Ride of the Valkyries so that sleepy ACers hearing your truck drive down their street, could excitedly jump from their couches, rush from their houses and greet you tightly clutching their hard earned vinyl allowance money. For convenience sake your first stop could be the Buffalo/Rochester area! There are several of us here. I think this is a great idea! How soon can we expect you? There will be refreshments.

God speed,
Lester

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2016, 04:14 pm »
Peter, I'll leave the light on…    :thumb:

Sonab

« Reply #14 on: 23 Dec 2016, 03:59 am »
I am working on a Taco truck / rolling record store project :)

Sonab

« Reply #15 on: 23 Dec 2016, 04:11 am »
Don / dcbingaman,
I have tried to respond to you by email and PM you through the AC system, and I have misplaced your phone number.
Is your contact info (email) on AC outdated?
Please email me through the system here.
I have a ton of classical albums that you would like.

Hope to see you soon,
Peter

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec 2016, 05:40 am »
Hi, Peter.  Hope you had a Merry Xmas.  I got tied up with retirement and family stuff.  I should be able to travel out to your place this week.  My new cell is (314) 295-5961 - call me when you've got some time to talk vinyl !

ebag4

« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2016, 12:52 pm »
Dcb, you may want to PM your phone number instead of leaving it here for all the creatures of the net to see, just my $.02.

Best,
Ed

GentleBender

« Reply #18 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:17 pm »
/sarcasm/ We're a bunch of great people here and I don't appreciate your wild allegations. DCB's number is safe here, I will only post the number in the nicest of bathrooms. /end of sarcasm/ :green: :lol:

daves

« Reply #19 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:53 pm »
It was posted at Blueberry Hill this morning, right below Jenny's.

867-530nieeine