The Official GR Research Hot Rod Thread

sandbagger

Re: The Official GR Research Hot Rod Thread
« Reply #100 on: 10 Sep 2016, 03:43 pm »
while its not mine it is a very good friends, use to spend a lot of time at the track since high school working on his cars over the years.
now runs nostalgic Alcohol Funny Car.

This was taken at the US Nationals at Indy

Captainhemo

« Reply #101 on: 10 Sep 2016, 05:15 pm »
More racing tonight. I beat my buddy Chuck again tonight to secure the #1 spot.  :thumb:

Congrats   :thumb:

while its not mine it is a very good friends, use to spend a lot of time at the track since high school working on his cars over the years.
now runs nostalgic Alcohol Funny Car.

This was taken at the US Nationals at Indy

8)

jay

rms8

« Reply #102 on: 26 Sep 2016, 09:24 pm »
Awesome thread Danny!

I'll throw my hat in too....

I have a 1976 Mustang Cobra II. I purchased it during my assignment to CENTCOM/JSOC at MacDill AFB in 1988. Yeah, 88....

It has undergone a few transformations since that time. It has been in it's current guise since the mid 90's. That would be green with silver stripes. The motor was a N/A 347cid. A few year later I added EFI. A few years after that came a supercharger. My internals were ready to make some serious HP, but the OEM block held me back.

Not anymore! This year I stepped up to a Dart block. At the same time I swapped out my old EFI system with a new Holley EFI with 120lb injectors for the E85.  I also moved up to a larger blower. Once I have everything worked out (so many little issues creep up when trying to fit things back together) and get sufficient cycles on the new dual clutch setup, I'll take it in to get a good tune and some dyno numbers. The goal is 750-800 RWHP (equates to ~ 860-920+ flywheel HP).

I had the valve covers and brackets powder coated using a special 3 step process to give the parts an Anodized look. It looks GREAT. The water neck and electric water pump actually are anodized, so you can see that the powder coated parts look very convincing.

Danny Richie

« Reply #103 on: 27 Sep 2016, 06:51 pm »
rms8 that looks great. I love it. And that Pinto/Mustang 2 is the perfect sleeper. Every car made in that area was a dud and no one would ever expect power like that from that car.

The E85 is a good choice for that type of motor too.

Post more on it when you get it up and running and start the tuning process.