Sometimes It takes A Child.

Ryanz

Re: Sometimes It takes A Child.
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jul 2010, 01:01 am »
"Pop Heavy Metal?" Which bands?

Static X, Korn, Limp Biscuit, or Bizcit, or Bizcuit, one of those. Radio Metal.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #41 on: 22 Jul 2010, 01:12 am »
Oh geez. Yeah, that's pretty bad...lol.

1oldguy

« Reply #42 on: 22 Jul 2010, 11:59 am »
We each like what we like.
When I was young, I did not like Jazz. Then just when Ken Burns Jazz series came out, I watched it, and suddenly I 'got' Jazz. So I changed gears in my 40's.
Spent a few years playing catch up on Jazz.....
This last year I decided to 'freshen' my rock collection, as I had stopped listening to new stuff around 1987 or so, when MTV stopped full time rock videos, (Atlanta also had all weekend night long rock videos too back then)
I decided to play catch up and buy (used) all the better 'rock' music up to year 2000 that I missed. I bought 1,300 CDs. and like 400 LPs in the last year. Interesting. I have to say i found a LOT of interesting trends in newer (newer that 1985) music. I have not  purchased much post 2000 music due to not having an easy source of info i can carry to find stuff (I use the ALL MUSIC GUIDE book).
I like a lot of music. I like finding new music I can love. So to say I would not bother to listen because I agree with some 12 year olds' notion... wow... crazy.
First off, 12 year olds DO NOT HAVE ORIGINAL IDEAS. They have copied ideas, from some significant 'other'. Whom ever is their mentor, their ideal, THOSE are the notions they spout. So thinking they have 'wisdom' is totally hilarious.
Just my two cents on twelve year olds.

HI Elizabeth

I think you perhaps have missed the point somewhat.But hey that's not a crime,at least, not yet.
Think of it this way for but just a moment.Age is only a number,No?So going by your reasoning it would be akin to thinking only older people,Sometimes called adults have wisdom and therefore inherently wise, making  SOUND(Pun  Intended) decisions.Somehow I don't think that's the case.I agree that most 12 years old need someone to wipe their nose after a hot meal though.
I don't recall stating the child had wisdom.But wise or not(I'll leave that part up to you) he was able to make a distinction between something he likes and dislikes.Regardless of age,isn't that what we all do?And no,I did not say I don't listen to certain types of music because of this kid.I merely pointed out what he said to emphasize my point,not his. .It helps to focus on what what said,rather than  assuming.I get the feeling comprehension isn't one of your strong points. We all know what assuming makes out of us all.
So I can see where your reasoning  should have Ziged instead of Zagging.

Be Well .......as they say.

« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2010, 03:17 pm by 1oldguy »

Ryanz

« Reply #43 on: 22 Jul 2010, 03:53 pm »
HI Elizabeth

I think you perhaps have missed the point somewhat.But hey that's not a crime,at least, not yet.
Think of it this way for but just a moment.Age is only a number,No?So going by your reasoning it would be akin to thinking only older people,Sometimes called adults have wisdom and therefore inherently wise, making  SOUND(Pun  Intended) decisions.Somehow I don't think that's the case.I agree that most 12 years old need someone to wipe their nose after a hot meal though.
I don't recall stating the child had wisdom.But wise or not(I'll leave that part up to you) he was able to make a distinction between something he likes and dislikes.Regardless of age,isn't that what we all do?And no,I did not say I don't listen to certain types of music because of this kid.I merely pointed out what he said to emphasize my point,not his. .It helps to focus on what what said,rather than  assuming.I get the feeling comprehension isn't one of your strong points. We all know what assuming makes out of us all.
So I can see where your reasoning  should have Ziged instead of Zagging.

Be Well .......as they say.

Very well said.  :thumb:

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #44 on: 22 Jul 2010, 04:27 pm »
I thought this thread was about music, not 12 year olds?

sts9fan

« Reply #45 on: 22 Jul 2010, 04:31 pm »
I just don't understand what was need for the child to figure out?

werd

« Reply #46 on: 22 Jul 2010, 04:33 pm »
 :lol:

This thread can use a 12 year old bin.....

1oldguy

« Reply #47 on: 22 Jul 2010, 05:05 pm »
I thought this thread was about music, not 12 year olds?

I'm sorry but I want a divorce. :duh: I simply need to read the book,Men are from mars,Women are from Venus.
Your lack  of social skills and comprehension are clearly evident.

Good Day to you Mam.
Be Well

Napalm

« Reply #48 on: 22 Jul 2010, 05:14 pm »
I simply need to read the book,Men are from mars,Women are from Venus.

Venus has a thick poisonous atmosphere. Which explains it all.

Nap.  :lol:

werd

« Reply #49 on: 22 Jul 2010, 05:29 pm »
This board/site is suppose to be about high end applications and personal use of Bryston gear and not about 12 year old attitudes/experience. For those that are so app to post and feel the need to, go post on the Radio Shack board. Its probably the best suited electronically also.

Sorry elizabeth, this is embarassing to me that somebody like yourself  who actually takes the hobby seriousily have to put up with this on a so called audiophile board...... its really ridic.

1oldguy

« Reply #50 on: 22 Jul 2010, 05:44 pm »
Hi werd

With all due respect,I  made a statement and was criticized for it by another member who wasn't shy  about attacking my character.
For the record I have no problem with anyone who disagrees with what I say,but there is such a thing as social skills.
If one chooses to make an issue of character on a public forum,be they male or female they should also be mature enough for a rebuttal,no?

Live long and Prosper.

werd

« Reply #51 on: 22 Jul 2010, 06:20 pm »
Hi werd

With all due respect,I  made a statement and was criticized for it by another member who wasn't shy  about attacking my character.
For the record I have no problem with anyone who disagrees with what I say,but there is such a thing as social skills.
If one chooses to make an issue of character on a public forum,be they male or female they should also be mature enough for a rebuttal,no?

Live long and Prosper.

I don't see her attacking your character at all. What i do see is her trying to make sense of a retarded thread. And yes it's crazy trying to examine a 12 year old's  mainstream listening habits and make sense of it. And to boot you guys started throwing the gender crap at her.

If this was a joke thread i would be all over it but you guys are serious. Come on, you can't actually care what a 12 year wants to listen to. I certainly don't, not here anyways. If you want to talk about a 12 year old you know that listens to Chopin, that might be relevant on the music board but here talking about kids who like classic rock, its just nonsense. It really is.

p.s.

i like classic rock

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #52 on: 22 Jul 2010, 06:38 pm »
Civil discourse. Discussion. Where is it? I made a non personal comment about why 12 year olds form opinions, It is taken as a personal attack. without questioning, or asking what did I mean, the response was an attack on me. Folks wonder why these boards go dead. When no one can be an independant voice, without constant fights, who would stay?
Nothing about what was the main part of my thread was discussed. only the little comment about 12 year olds and how they get thier ideas.
Sorry, this thread still has a chance to not be crap. If ANYONE wants talk about new music, or why they feel new music ALL sucks, and they have decided to ignore it totally.. then fine, lets discuss it.
I had (as I mentioned) ignored new Rock after about 1987 or so because i just found something else, that pretty much filled my needs for a long time. Jazz. Then i decided to get back into seeing where Rock had gone.
I sort of quit at New Wave, which I still love the Cars, and the B-52s. So I have just been buying tons of used CDs, and gradually finding out what is happening. A lot of minimalist infuence in music in the 90's.
I find groups like Art of noise and the Industrial movement exciting also.

1oldguy

« Reply #53 on: 23 Jul 2010, 12:23 am »
Hi Elizabeth , Werd

My post has been taken out of context by you both.How you both feel the subject matter was about children goes beyond me.It was about popular music both in the past and what we have today and the stark differences henceforth.But being a public forum that is the risk  that sometimes things can be misconstrued.I do believe that I adequately addressed this  in my first response  to  her post.But I digress as it seems to have done precious little to aid in understanding.

Perhaps a song can best calm the waters that be.
Live long and Prosper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_FOQ7-P30

Ryanz

« Reply #54 on: 23 Jul 2010, 12:49 am »
 :o  :scratch:  :duh: :surrender: :singing:  :thumb:

srb

« Reply #55 on: 23 Jul 2010, 01:03 am »
"Sometimes it takes a child" ..... to be just plain argumentative.

Steve

werd

« Reply #56 on: 23 Jul 2010, 01:09 am »

Steve

lame

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #57 on: 23 Jul 2010, 07:57 am »

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #58 on: 23 Jul 2010, 02:59 pm »

I am really scratching my head on this reply - what exactly are you “laughing” at vegasdave  :scratch:

Be well...

95Dyna

« Reply #59 on: 23 Jul 2010, 03:59 pm »

Steve

Touche, Steve.  I was just going to say that a real 12 year old would fit right in this thread. :argue: