20 yrs warranty

hifiet

20 yrs warranty
« on: 17 Apr 2004, 05:36 pm »
Hello, I am new on this forum.
I have a possibility to get a brand new 4B SST from the USA.
Since I live in Europe (Holland) I have some questions:
1. What about the warranty, since this amp is not official imported by official Dutch importer Mafico?
2. Can the AC voltage change from 110 V to 220/230V be easily set?
3. I own IMF TLS50 speakers. Is there someone outhere who has experience with the combination of these speakers with Bryston amps?

grtz,  hifiet

marco

Re: 20 yrs warranty
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2004, 06:53 pm »
Quote from: hifiet
Hello, I am new on this forum.
I have a possibility to get a brand new 4B SST from the USA.
Since I live in Europe (Holland) I have some questions:
1. What about the warranty, since this amp is not official imported by official Dutch importer Mafico?

you have to ship it to the USA for repair, or pay Mafico for repair.

2. Can the AC voltage change from 110 V to 220/230V be easily set?

no, the build special for europe

3. I own IMF TLS50 speakers. Is there someone outhere who has experience with the combination of these speakers with Bryston amps?

i use the 3b-SST with T+A speakers and the are asome

i also life in holland and know that the price in the USA is muts better than in holland even with the extra tax of total 25%, Mafico has to look at the price, and the dit with the 3B-sst, a price drop of 400 euro.

You can ask to the dealer in the USA to supply you with a 220 volt amp, its gone be difficult, bryston has a protocol for 220 volt amps in the USA.

Buying from a local dealer in holland is less risk.

Kind regards

BeeBop

20 yrs warranty
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2004, 10:40 am »
You might be better off buying from a dealer in Canada since that is where they are made. You would certainly be better off shipping it to Bryston in Canada for repair if needed.

marco

20 yrs warranty
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2004, 11:21 am »
Quote from: BeeBop
You might be better off buying from a dealer in Canada since that is where they are made. You would certainly be better off shipping it to Bryston in Canada for repair if needed.

dear beebob

Ask a dealer in canada 220 volt Bryston amp the answer ifrom the dealer is yes, and when the dealer is ordering 220 volt amp with Bryston the don't get. polici of Bryston, the don't do.

The protect there dealers in europa.

hifiet

20 yrs warranty
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2004, 07:28 pm »
Thanks so far for your answers.
The Us dealer says to take care of all warranty issues. Perhaps a little bit pricy to send things back, but I gain a lot of bucks in the first place. I know that a replacement of the powerparts from 110V to 220 V is necessary but that can be done at the factory.
Will be continued.

hifiet

marco

20 yrs warranty
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2004, 06:02 am »
Quote from: hifiet
Thanks so far for your answers.
The Us dealer says to take care of all warranty issues. Perhaps a little bit pricy to send things back, but I gain a lot of bucks in the first place. I know that a replacement of the powerparts from 110V to 220 V is necessary but that can be done at the factory.
Will be continued.

hifiet

if the replace thinks in the factory, mebay you can let it ship as secondhand, you dont have to pay tax in Holland.
or let it pack in giftpaper.

Greetings

BeeBop

20 yrs warranty
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2004, 11:37 am »
Hifiet and Marco you have mail.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
20 yrs warranty
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2004, 07:26 pm »
One of the issues that all customers should be aware of is that different countries have different hydro and safety requirements (CSA, CE etc.)  which we as a manufacturer have to meet in order to market into that particular country.
If a dealer desides to ship a Brytson product which has not been appropriately manufactured and approved with the specific countries electrical standards certificate then there may be liability issues.

james