Paradox 3

zeke

Paradox 3
« on: 27 Jun 2003, 06:52 pm »
I've had these speakers for a couple weeks now, and all i can say is they are very good. I am not going to do any type of review cause that is too much work !! . I got tired of doing such things long ago, and after you do switching and comparing for a few years , you get to know what sounds good to yourself anyway -- yes, you cannot say A is better than B, but i am more concerned now about just listening to music.

This is a LOT of speaker for the money !! (especially at the sale price) --- wish they weren't discontinued.  I also wish Danny would continue to make a reasonable sized and priced " floorstander " that goes into the low or mid 30's hz.

Tjoeb'99 cdp > Odyssey Tempest pre > CJ Sonograph SA250 amp > Paradox 3's ........................

I also wanted to say that Danny is great to deal with and seems to give extra effort to make his customers happy ............

jackman

Paradox 3
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2003, 12:24 am »
You got a great deal and a great overall system.  I love David Newman and (his Ray Charles bandmate Hank Crawford).  Ray's old Jazz band was really smokin.

J

Gooch

Paradox 3
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2003, 12:49 am »
I have had my P3's for just over a year. And I just love them too.For the money you can't beet them. Get them before they are gone.

8)

PSP

Paradox 3
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2003, 05:53 pm »
I've had my P3s for about a week now (I also got one of the last pairs) and I am extremely happy with them.  They do small ensemble jazz (Jazz at the Pawnshop, Take Five, Ben Webster and Jerry Milligan) and big orchestra very, very well.  The cymbals shimmer, brushes are smooth but detailed.... and when the orchestra winds up, the sound is very convincing.  The P3s render the most delicate sonic threads and the full weight of massed orchestra and chorus equally well.

I'm thrilled to have these speakers (especially at the price) and feel a bit sad that this excellent speaker can no longer be made.  

Peter