FEDEX Claim Help

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: FEDEX Claim Help
« Reply #60 on: 23 Nov 2016, 10:01 am »
It might be interesting add emotional shock by the loss of a valuable product.

Philistine

« Reply #61 on: 23 Nov 2016, 01:31 pm »
In the end it finished up with Fedex Ground claiming they delivered it to the address generated by the local branch, even though they had a copy of the original waybill I wrote with the correct address.  Rather than settle the claim they had with me they would rather screw around and deny it, they shouldn't involve me in internal arguments.  The local manager's been pushing to get it settled, he remembers the packages and see's the claim as clear cut, but finished up banging his head against the internal brick wall.  I run a business and when I have a customer issue I resolve it immediately, this way the problem goes away quickly and your customer satisfaction and loyalty increase, if you don't settle quickly the complaint goes roots and customer disaatisfaction grows disproportionally.  I compete against major corporations and run rings around them for these reasons, they've got so many internal policies and procedures that guarantees they'll screw up customer relationships.  So I'm not surprised I reached this stage with Fedex.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #62 on: 23 Nov 2016, 02:04 pm »
I am sure once they received the claim from the court they will try to settle it with you out of court.

Philistine

« Reply #63 on: 2 Jan 2017, 02:18 am »
I am sure once they received the claim from the court they will try to settle it with you out of court.

This was the conclusion, they settled - it cost them more, but they probably play the numbers game and expect most people to give up. 
I had a pretty conclusive case, with all the supporting evidence, and decided not to let it go.  I would encourage anyone who has a strong case against to pursue it to conclusion.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #64 on: 2 Jan 2017, 02:24 am »
Glad you had a positive outcome.

Doublej

« Reply #65 on: 2 Jan 2017, 03:17 am »
That's excellent. Were you able to collect any money for your time as Hugh suggested?

Philistine

« Reply #66 on: 2 Jan 2017, 01:56 pm »
First of all I want to thank everyone for their input on this.  I've been shipping with Fedex for years and never had an issue, due to the nature of the business incidents do happen and it's just a matter of time.  My learnings from this is to treat every shipment as if it will go missing or get damaged.

I didn't go after incidental costs, just the Audiogon value, the packaging (I used a reusable Kubox), shipping charges and court fees - I was satisfied with the outcome.

bacobits1

« Reply #67 on: 2 Jan 2017, 05:36 pm »
Very Good!!
I also use nothing but Fed Ex.