New speakers almost done :)

Nocturne79

New speakers almost done :)
« on: 7 Oct 2015, 11:54 pm »
Hey everyone just thought I would post that I have noticed that my new salk speakers are almost done.  I just got surround I and center for movie/tv duty.  this is my first dip into salk sound but after talking to Jim multiple times on the phone over the year or so and also listeing to his really nice higher end speakers at the newport show this year I had to take the leap. 

Anyways very excited to get them when they are ready.:)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: New speakers almost done :)
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2015, 12:32 am »
 :thumb:

I remember my excitement while I was waiting for my new center channel speaker. Your speakers will be there lickity-split. Enjoy!

Ace Deprave

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2015, 12:03 pm »
I envy that you were able to "notice" that they're almost ready. I stalked that progress tracking website like it was my job!

Welcome to the club, my speakers make me smile on a daily basis!

Nocturne79

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2015, 12:39 pm »
Heh yeah I have been looking weekly at the progress bar and I noticed it was near the end of the bar...still not sure how much time is left but getting very excited!

dbx

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2015, 07:49 pm »
Congrats!!!

Which speakers did you get and what colour finish did you go for?  I am enjoying my Soundscape 8s and am expecting the Exotica 3s to arrive any day now.

Nocturne79

« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2015, 10:36 pm »
hey yeah I got a pair of Surround I as my mains and a song center. Eventually I plan to buy songtowers and make the surrounds I into surround duty :)

I live in a small condo and towers would not work currently.  I am never really that creative with speaker finishes but I got the zebra finish horizontal with black dye.  Someone awhile back posted speakers with this finish and I just really loved it and bonus--my wife liked it too lol.

and sounds like they will be shipping very soon...getting excited.  :)

qwknuf6

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2015, 03:34 am »
hey yeah I got a pair of Surround I as my mains and a song center. Eventually I plan to buy songtowers and make the surrounds I into surround duty :)

I live in a small condo and towers would not work currently.  I am never really that creative with speaker finishes but I got the zebra finish horizontal with black dye.  Someone awhile back posted speakers with this finish and I just really loved it and bonus--my wife liked it too lol.

and sounds like they will be shipping very soon...getting excited.  :)

I saw your center when I was at the shop on Monday , very nice !

Nocturne79

« Reply #7 on: 9 Oct 2015, 01:25 pm »
I saw your center when I was at the shop on Monday , very nice !

Oh man you got me even more excited..seriously maybe its because I have been looking into salk for years but I haven't been this excited for an audio component since getting my first decware tube amp the mini torii..:)

Nocturne79

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2015, 12:08 pm »
Just popping in to say I got my center yesterday and like everyone always says, the finish is awesome looking.  Once I replaced my old center I got years ago the sound got so much better and that was just watching tv :)

Today my L and R arrive so excited.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2015, 02:47 pm »
Excellent!

We expect updates every 50 hours or so on what you notice different in your new center vs the old one. Also include your reactions and feelings.

You can't just disappear into audio nirvana. You have a responsibility now!  :icon_lol:

Michael

Nocturne79

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2015, 03:02 pm »
Hey already chucked my old center, it was a cheap 80 dollar one I got from a I dont even remember.  Definitely noticing better details and nicer bass than my old one.  Oh yeah and it looks way way way better lol.  I uploaded some photos the last one I did then realized it was upside down lol but then notice that it showed a Mickey Head...lol its right way up now though i just took the photo cause of Mickey Mouse :)