VMPS inspired rm28
« on: 21 Nov 2013, 09:07 pm »

Pic of 2013 RM -28    build in process.

« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2013, 11:47 pm by Patrick Malaga »

Patrick Malaga

• Industry Participant
Re: VMPS inspired rm28
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2013, 04:24 pm »
I have finished the first pair of VMPS inspired RM 28's.  I showed them to Shirley,and she was pleasantly surprised !  Over 100 hours spent modifying the FF2 towers into RM 28's. I documented each and every step,and employed solid techniques and authentic vmps cabinets and drivers to make these happen. I will only be able to produce 4 pairs of these utilizing vmps cabinets and drivers.  One pair is already spoken for ......    I want to thank all of you in the audio circle for helping to provide such thorough information on everything from cabinet coating to crossover diagrams. It is a pleasure to have a hand in the completion of what may have never been.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2013, 08:00 pm by Patrick Malaga »

Patrick Malaga

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2013, 09:31 pm »

I have finished the first pair of VMPS inspired RM 28's.  I showed them to Shirley,and she was pleasantly surprised !  Over 100 hours spent modifying the FF2 towers into RM 28's. I documented each and every step,and employed solid techniques and vmps drivers to make these happen. I will only be able to produce 4 pairs of these utilizing vmps cabinets and drivers.  One pair is already spoken for ......    I want to thank all of you in the audio circle for helping to provide such thorough information on everything from cabinet coating to crossover diagrams. It is a pleasure to have a hand in the completion of what may have never been.

Stimpy

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2013, 04:01 am »
Hi Patrick,

Nice job on the speakers!  They look awesome!  I'd love to know how they sound, compared to a RM40 or 30?

So, they are VMPS "inspired" speakers?  Not an unrealized Brian design?  Can you give some details on the design?  Cabinet demensions?  Woofer size?  Is the upper woofer (with the dust cap), a midwoofer, while the lower phase plug woofer, a low bass driver?  Do they still use a phase coherent 1st order series crossover, like Brian would have used?

Sorry for all the questions.  Just curious!

Thanks,

Stimpy

fredgarvin

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2013, 05:18 pm »
Those really look nice.  :thumb:

ZAKski288

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2013, 07:15 pm »
great job  :thumb:

Patrick Malaga

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 9 Dec 2013, 12:38 am »
Thank you Fred, I am doing my level best to deliver a product whose quality of sound and price represent Brian's  ideology. 

Patrick Malaga

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 9 Dec 2013, 12:47 am »

Yes they are not being billed as VMPS since I would not want to dilute the quality of Brian's reputation.However ,they are what I believe we're the FF-2 towers that we modified to ribbon monitors.They are 4 inches shorter than RM 40's,but share similar dimensions.Yes the upper 10's are mid bass with a Cheney style  crossover. Misco subs play 230 hz on down.Neos are at 300 hz to 7,000hz and fST's play 5k on up...all drivers and cabinets came from the plant,and were new old stock. I have very few sets of these towers.Soon I will start assembling the 13 rm30's I have !
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2013, 04:20 pm by Patrick Malaga »