Sardonyx

chaluga

Sardonyx
« on: 10 Aug 2013, 04:56 am »
Hello,
First time on the site and I am looking at your Sardonyx CC kit. I am assuming that it comes with the crossover in pieces. DO you put it together for a nominal charge ? Beautiful looking speaker :wink:

danny01

Re: Sardonyx
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2013, 07:10 am »
I believe the Sardonyx is $11295 $1,195  :lol: assembled, tested, and shipped.

chaluga

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2013, 09:23 am »
Just want the kit , I'm a woodwork teacher , but not familiar with putting crossover together.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2013, 10:59 am »
First time on the site and I am looking at your Sardonyx CC kit. I am assuming that it comes with the crossover in pieces. DO you put it together for a nominal charge ?

Per the Selah Audio website Kits page:

"Kits include assembled crossovers along with all of the other parts needed to complete assembly except for the internal damping material and cabinets.  Upon request we can also provide composite foam damping sheets as well as finished or unfinished cabinets."

http://www.selahaudio.com/id268.html

Steve

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2013, 06:30 pm »
Just want the kit , I'm a woodwork teacher , but not familiar with putting crossover together.

The crossover is assembled and pre-wired to enable easier assembly. Let me know if I can be of help.

chaluga

« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2013, 01:25 am »
thanks for the input.

chaluga

« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2013, 11:16 am »
Hey rick ,
The more I read about diy speakers the more I find myself going in circles. I will try to describe my setup and what I am looking for. I have a 14 by 28 foot living room with 10 foot ceilings . I have hsu vtf15 sub that gives me all the low bass I need. I have a parasound amp 220 watts by 5. Emotiva umc200. Preamp and 70 inch tv. I currently have 5 speakers that are doing well but I want something with more clarity yet needs to be powerful enough to cleanly hit 105-110 db peaks for movies . I listen to music a couple times a month at 80-90db. So I am 90/10 movie to music. My favorite parts of movies is clear audible for soft speeking parts , the symphony scores in lord of the rings and action scenes like the the latest bond movie.

I have looked at statement speakers , fusion-12 tempest with wave guide , and er18. Mtm from Dennis Murphy . Your speakers seem.to match the er18 but with better seos drivers. For my setup will yours give the dynamics I crave at the listening levels I want ? I guess my only.concern with yours is will they be running near their peak levels a lot with no headroom ? I kind of think every speaker has a sweet spot . Do yours extend to 105 db's or are they in their comfort zone at 90 db. ?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2013, 01:46 pm »
Hey rick ,
The more I read about diy speakers the more I find myself going in circles. I will try to describe my setup and what I am looking for. I have a 14 by 28 foot living room with 10 foot ceilings . I have hsu vtf15 sub that gives me all the low bass I need. I have a parasound amp 220 watts by 5. Emotiva umc200. Preamp and 70 inch tv. I currently have 5 speakers that are doing well but I want something with more clarity yet needs to be powerful enough to cleanly hit 105-110 db peaks for movies . I listen to music a couple times a month at 80-90db. So I am 90/10 movie to music. My favorite parts of movies is clear audible for soft speeking parts , the symphony scores in lord of the rings and action scenes like the the latest bond movie.

I have looked at statement speakers , fusion-12 tempest with wave guide , and er18. Mtm from Dennis Murphy . Your speakers seem.to match the er18 but with better seos drivers. For my setup will yours give the dynamics I crave at the listening levels I want ? I guess my only.concern with yours is will they be running near their peak levels a lot with no headroom ? I kind of think every speaker has a sweet spot . Do yours extend to 105 db's or are they in their comfort zone at 90 db. ?

Are those peaks at your listening position? How far away from the speakers?