FS: $25 DAC/Amp-USB redbook, S/PDIF Optical and Coax 24/192

bixby

FX Audio X-3 DAC / Headphone amp

One of the lowest cost dacs you can buy to feature USB, S/PDIF optical and coax with headphone amp.  Now for the big gotcha, it does not come with a power supply.  Yes, you get to use any old 12 volt 1 amp supply that output DC via a 5mm x1.2mm center pin positive standard barrel connector.  I used a power supply from an external usb disk drive that I use for backups. Or just grab one off the bay. It will notwork off of USB power alone.

The other gotcha is that the analog outputs with the Right (red) input on the left and Left (white) input on the right are wired backwards, so you need to flip your cables opposite of the way they are marked if you want that guitar solo to come out of the proper channel.  Funny this came with a QC seal and all of the units I have experienced in the wild seem to have the same issue.

The USB is limited to 16/44 only and the SP/DIF inputs to 24/192.  Chip complement is CM108+CS8416+CS4344+NE5532+12.288MHZ 10ppm PLL Clock circuit.  Works with Windows 10.  Analog out NOT controlled by volume control, only 3.5mm stereo headphone out is controlled by volume.

Worked like a champ over the last few months using optical on my tv amp setup.  Actually a bit nicer sounding in the mids versus my replacement Onkyo A-9010 integrated amp optical input.  Pressed into service occasionally on my desktop to sample music via usb.  I would characterize as a warm smooth mid centric dac without any Sabre type edge up top.  Not a stark metallic, thin, digital sounding dac rather a more analog type, but not a $100 dac either.  You see a lot of youtube videos of this dac used with small bookshelf single driver Fostex speakers.  Probably gives them the meat on the bones they sorely need.  It drives my 250 ohm Beyers but it is not a monster power headphone amp.

$25  U.S. Sale only, Paypal for payment, no cheeseball illegal charging extra for Paypal fees, and flat $3.75 shipping.  Pics coming, PM me with any questions at all, do not post in the thread.

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2017, 04:03 pm by bixby »

djbnh

Good luck with your sale, and I think AC requires posting an asking price

vinyleater

Asking price???

bixby

Re: FS: $25 DAC/Amp-USB redbook, S/PDIF Optical and Coax 24/192
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2017, 04:04 pm »
bump for price action

klamka

no cheeseball illegal charging extra for Paypal fees
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2017, 08:15 pm »
???
 I'm sorry. but why sellers should be criminalized for refusing to pay for buyers insurance policy?
Good luck with the sale .

amb3cog

Re: no cheeseball illegal charging extra for Paypal fees
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:58 am »
???
 I'm sorry. but why sellers should be criminalized for refusing to pay for buyers insurance policy?
Good luck with the sale .

You really think it only protects buyers? Seriously?

Let's be clear here. It's against PayPal rules to charge buyers the PayPal fees. You've got it all wrong. Completely wrong. There's a reason many forums don't allow charging PayPal fees. It's NOT allowed!

Browse
SKIP TO MAIN CONTENTSKIP TO SEARCHPayPal Home
Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET). Learn more in Community Events
How do I charge my customer the exact paypal fee I'm being charged to process a payment?
 NDHS_2001
NDHS_2001  Member  Member
‎Jul-22-2011 09:02 AM
How do I charge my customer the exact paypal fee I'm being charged to process a payment?
Can this be built in to my paypal account somehow? My husband said on some sites he visits, the cost might be $25 but then when he goes to check out, it's a little more than that. We are selling tickets for our class reunion and just want to make sure we get the full amount we are charging for each ticket.

Thanks,
Brooke

Tags (2)
Tags:FEESPROCESS PAYMENT
All topics
1 REPLY
 sandypurins
sandypurins  Volunteer Advisor Volunteer Advisor
‎Jul-22-2011 08:38 PM
Re: How do I charge my customer the exact paypal fee I'm being charged to process a payment?
Hi Brooke,

The standard PayPal fee is 2.9% plus 30 cents. You can use a reverse fee calculator to determine how much you need to charge in order to receive a specific amount after PayPal fees are deducted...

http://www.rolbe.com/paypal4.htm

Keep in mind the following PayPal policy which prohibits surcharges...

4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&fli=true&loc...

-Sandy

bixby

Re: no cheeseball illegal charging extra for Paypal fees
« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2018, 09:20 pm »
You really think it only protects buyers? Seriously?

Let's be clear here. It's against PayPal rules to charge buyers the PayPal fees. You've got it all wrong. Completely wrong. There's a reason many forums don't allow charging PayPal fees. It's NOT allowed!

-Sandy

:thumb:  Correct, It ain't too hard to figure out the fees and price accordingly and stay in bounds with paypal and forums.