Song 3 Encore - the wait might kill me.

TWINSKI66

Re: Song 3 Encore - the wait might kill me.
« Reply #80 on: 28 Aug 2017, 06:30 pm »
I told my boss don't look for me on delivery day.  He's an audio guy too so...he understands.  I may take a week of vacation after delivery.  I mean...how productive can a guy be at work with a brand new pair of Salk speakers sitting idle at home?
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2017, 02:55 am by TWINSKI66 »

mixsterdude

« Reply #81 on: 29 Aug 2017, 01:21 am »
I told I told my boss don't look for me on delivery day.  He's an audio guy too so...he understands.  I may take a week of vacation after delivery.  I mean...how productive can a guy be at work with a brand new pair of Salk speakers sitting idle at home?

LOL!!  Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday!!  I work from home, so I anticipate sneaking in the living room for a listen from time to time.  We'll call it a smoke break  :)

Grbluen

« Reply #82 on: 29 Aug 2017, 04:54 pm »
LOL! Yeah I'm guessing you'll be taking breaks from listening to work!

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #83 on: 30 Aug 2017, 09:13 pm »
This is an incredible system, Jim.  I absolutely love the progress tracking idea!

Ahh Yes!! I remember this waiting game with mine (below)! The good news is you're likely to be Blown Away by not just the Finish Quality, but the performance as well!! :thumb:

Get Ready to spend some late nights with Sonic Nirvana!

mixsterdude

« Reply #84 on: 31 Aug 2017, 05:25 am »
Ahh Yes!! I remember this waiting game with mine (below)! The good news is you're likely to be Blown Away by not just the Finish Quality, but the performance as well!! :thumb:

Wow, wow!!!  I love that pepperwood burl!!

The freight company called me this morning to let me know that the truck hadn't arrived yet and they would have to push the delivery back another day.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow to hear this Sonic Nirvana first hand (or ear)   :)

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #85 on: 31 Aug 2017, 02:39 pm »
Wow, wow!!!  I love that pepperwood burl!!

The freight company called me this morning to let me know that the truck hadn't arrived yet and they would have to push the delivery back another day.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow to hear this Sonic Nirvana first hand (or ear)   :)

BUMMER!! Well now's the time to get ALL your errands finished ahead of time, including your honey-Do List if you have one! That way you'll reduce the chance of any interruption when you do get them! :thumb:

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #86 on: 31 Aug 2017, 03:28 pm »

:thumb: Stunning, absolutely stunning!

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #87 on: 31 Aug 2017, 07:00 pm »
:thumb: Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Thanks NavyDoc! I've had them for a while now and still adore them every day that I see and hear them! I am actually having Jim build me up a pair of cabinets for a set of Full Range drivers that I will be putting into another room. His work is absolutely impeccable, so it was an easy decision!  :thumb:

mixsterdude

« Reply #88 on: 2 Sep 2017, 06:31 pm »
Well, I just wanted to report back after spending a little time with these new Encores.  I'm not an audiophile writer so I'll keep it in simple layman's terms.  These speakers sound better than they look and the looks raise the bar high.  The highs are crisp but not fatiguing.  The lows are nice and tight when they should be.  I was a bit surprised how low they get.  Looking at the midrange drivers, they are so compact that I'd think that they gave me two tweeters but the midrange and midbass is outstanding.  Overall, the music feels so present.....especially sounds like the kick drum where you hear the pad actually strike the drum before the remainder of sound reaches you (if that makes any sense).  The detail in these are unlike any speakers that I've owned....or even auditioned.  I can't remember the song, but the percussionist was striking a wooden block and I heard the same type of detail as I did with the kick.  The detail was so amazing that I could almost tell what species of wood was used in the block.....and the stick!!

Jim and his crew are top notch.  The shipping company "dented" one of the boxes near the top....near the Be tweeter!!!  However, Salk does such a great job in making sure these boxes have plenty of cushion around the speakers that the shippers would have to try to damage them on purpose. 

I'm thrilled and it was totally worth the wait!!!  I think I waited about 4 months when all was said and done.  However, when I ordered these, he had not even completed and tested his first pair that he took to Chicago.  So, my wait was probably a little longer than most.....plus it took me at least 2 weeks to figure out what finish I wanted.  Regardless, the wait was worth it!!!!!

Jim and team, thank you so much for an outstanding loudspeaker.  I couldn't be happier!!

Mickey

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #89 on: 2 Sep 2017, 07:21 pm »
Awesome review Mickey. Jedi Master reviewer. Patience paid off.  :thumb:

Enjoy them.

:beer:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #90 on: 2 Sep 2017, 07:24 pm »
Well, I just wanted to report back after spending a little time with these new Encores.  I'm not an audiophile writer so I'll keep it in simple layman's terms.  These speakers sound better than they look and the looks raise the bar high.  The highs are crisp but not fatiguing.  The lows are nice and tight when they should be.  I was a bit surprised how low they get.  Looking at the midrange drivers, they are so compact that I'd think that they gave me two tweeters but the midrange and midbass is outstanding.  Overall, the music feels so present.....especially sounds like the kick drum where you hear the pad actually strike the drum before the remainder of sound reaches you (if that makes any sense).  The detail in these are unlike any speakers that I've owned....or even auditioned.  I can't remember the song, but the percussionist was striking a wooden block and I heard the same type of detail as I did with the kick.  The detail was so amazing that I could almost tell what species of wood was used in the block.....and the stick!!

Jim and his crew are top notch.  The shipping company "dented" one of the boxes near the top....near the Be tweeter!!!  However, Salk does such a great job in making sure these boxes have plenty of cushion around the speakers that the shippers would have to try to damage them on purpose. 

I'm thrilled and it was totally worth the wait!!!  I think I waited about 4 months when all was said and done.  However, when I ordered these, he had not even completed and tested his first pair that he took to Chicago.  So, my wait was probably a little longer than most.....plus it took me at least 2 weeks to figure out what finish I wanted.  Regardless, the wait was worth it!!!!!

Jim and team, thank you so much for an outstanding loudspeaker.  I couldn't be happier!!

Mickey

WELCOME TO THE SALK FAMILY!!!  :D what are you powering these with I wonder??

mixsterdude

« Reply #91 on: 4 Sep 2017, 06:29 am »
Awesome review Mickey. Jedi Master reviewer. Patience paid off.  :thumb:

Enjoy them.

:beer:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Thank you Luis!!  I appreciate your comments.  Now it's time to start your thread and tell us about your journey, brother.  It looks like you have some speakers in the queue, correct? :)

mixsterdude

« Reply #92 on: 4 Sep 2017, 06:33 am »
WELCOME TO THE SALK FAMILY!!!  :D what are you powering these with I wonder??

Thank you!!  It's great to be part of the crew :). I'm using a Peachtree Nova 150.  It's a great little amp/dac combo.

TWINSKI66

« Reply #93 on: 28 Sep 2017, 07:59 pm »
Quick update...looks like my S3E order may ship tomorrow.  Jim took pics.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #94 on: 28 Sep 2017, 10:06 pm »
Gorgeous! What's the finish?

JDoyle

« Reply #95 on: 29 Sep 2017, 12:20 am »
Curly Walnut? Any dye added? Details please, they look fantastic!

JD

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #96 on: 29 Sep 2017, 03:08 am »
Thank you Luis!!  I appreciate your comments.  Now it's time to start your thread and tell us about your journey, brother.  It looks like you have some speakers in the queue, correct? :)

Getting there. 58%

:thumb:

TWINSKI66

« Reply #97 on: 29 Sep 2017, 04:05 am »
Some members asked about the finish.  It's standard curly walnut with dark walnut dye in a satin finish.  I love the retro look.

Grbluen

« Reply #98 on: 29 Sep 2017, 09:53 am »
Classy!

Nick77

« Reply #99 on: 29 Sep 2017, 11:55 am »
Stunning!  :thumb: