3A and 2A3 (Tulip)

moray james

• moray james cables
3A and 2A3 (Tulip)
« on: 2 Feb 2006, 01:21 am »
Took my Tulip (ASL) down to my dealers so a customer could compare it to a Primaluna One. The Premaluna ran for a couple of hours then we switched to the Tulip. No one ever asked to switch the amps back and the Tulip got better and better as it warmed up over some 3 1/2 hours of play. Upgraded tubes in the Tulip are Sovtek 2A3, Mullard GZ34, NOS RCA 7025 (ultra low noise 12AX7). All tubes are cryo treated as is the amps power transformer.  Giver the ten times difference in power one would think that the Primaluna One would have the edge in bass weight and level but this was not the case at all.
   So don't let amp wattage scare you off from auditioning small wattage amplifiers to run with your 3A's.  I Have just recently picked up a set of NuForce Ref 8 mono blocks. While I have not run these with the 3A's I would recommend De Cappo owners to check out these small wonders. Best regards Moray James.

kwl

3A and 2A3 (Tulip)
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2006, 05:09 pm »
Let us know your experience with the Nuforce amps.  To date, my experience with digital amps (Bel Canto Evo 2i, Rotel RMB-1077) and the De Capoi's has been quite negative.