Digital Audio Help With A RWA SIG 57 & Bellina DAC

Gryffles

Digital Audio Help With A RWA SIG 57 & Bellina DAC
« on: 30 Mar 2015, 11:38 am »
Hi All,

I'm new here so take it easy  :D

I have a RWA Sig 57 on the way and it happens to have the Bellina DAC upgrade in place.

Always been a vinyl guy so have no experience with digital systems. I'd appreciate any suggestions on delving into the digital music world. There are so many damn options out there I don't know where to start and don't have any mates into music or hifi.

To be clear I don't want to spend a lot to start out with say $1000 max and don't mind used gear to help my cause. So give me some ideas to look into and if you have a RWA Sig 57 and your comments relate to the Bellina Pro DAC in it then even better!

Cheers

low.pfile

Re: Digital Audio Help With A RWA SIG 57 & Bellina DAC
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2015, 12:23 am »
Gryffles, Welcome to AudioCircle and RWA....

Are you still looking for input or did you get some leads on the interwebs?

I have a Sig 57 with DAC as well.

your question is so open that it is akin to saying "I want to make dinner with vegetables for under $40. Any suggestions?" The options are endless–of course. So, if you have narrowed down your preferences and needs, clarify your question for feedback here on AC.

cheers, ed

Gryffles

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2015, 04:53 am »
Thanks for your welcome and reply ed.

Yeah, sorry about my question being so vague it couldn't be answered. Yes, still looking for input

People have suggested the following option more than any other:

- Squeezebox Touch and a  Samsung SSD for storage

I'm going to give this a go, as I'm my IT skills aren't great and if later on decide to change at least the SBT is worth something used.

Now that you all know what I've decided on then feel free to add any advice on how to get the best out of the above combo.

Thanks!   

Gryffles

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2015, 11:59 am »
Pretty quite round here LOL.

Anyway, just in case someone was going to reply I have now got things sorted with a Synolgy NAS and Intel NUC with SSD. Job done!

low.pfile

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2015, 12:20 am »
Cool that you found a solution Gryffles. There used to be a good deal of discussion on the Squeezebox, I think in the discless circle forum. I am not a user myself. my source is an iMac.

The RWA forum is not very active of late. I recall only a handful of Sig 57 or Bellina DAC owners on AC.

ed