Pop market

pconley2

Pop market
« on: 9 Apr 2017, 06:09 pm »
Does anyone know if Pop Market is still in business.  I ordered some CDs from them, they missed the ship date, when I contacted them, they said that they were having computer errors and would ship soon.  I haven't heard anything from them since and also, I haven't gotten any email offers from them since either--should I just kiss those dollars goodby?

putz

Re: Pop market
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2017, 07:09 pm »
PopMarket just got through their bankruptcy proceedings and this was announced last week:

Hey Everyone,

DirectToU, the company behind Collectors' Choice Music and Vinyl, Critics' Choice Video and DeepDiscount.com, has just acquired the assets of PopMarket. We are very excited to continue the work that PopMarket has done over the years to expand the knowledge and availability of great music.

Right now we are loading in the unfilled PopMarket orders with the goal of shipping these out early next week. We will be in touch soon after with any customer that has an order that we are not able to fill.

Thank you for your continued patience. We can not wait to show you all the new stuff we have to offer and look forward to earning your continued support.

Hopefully you will hear from them soon. I would check their Facebook page for updates and try contacting them there. They owed me a replacement Kinks Mono box set for months and I finally got a cash refund from them before they went under. Another option is to dispute the charges with the cc or paypal account that you used to pay for the merch.  Good luck.

pconley2

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2017, 08:30 pm »
Thanks for the info, I will give them a little while and see what they do.  Oddly enough, Pop Market filled one order that I ordered after the one they haven't filled.  I hope you enjoy the Kinks set.

Phil

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm »
They gave me a refund on a big order I placed in time for Christmas delivery. And then they just sent the Jethro Tull Stand Up records I ordered. I think I'm fair and square with them right now and will wait for their reincarnation.

Paul