Pioneer Elite Reference CD Player PD-65 NM/OBM

Sarchi

Pioneer Elite Reference CD Player PD-65 NM/OBM
« on: 21 Oct 2014, 07:28 pm »
Offering a beautiful Pioneer Elite PD-65 Reference CD Player. Rate condition as 8/10 due to its' age, obviously this is being sold without warranty. All else equal I'd rate the machine a 9 and the remote control a 7. Fairly low hours on it, my friend was the original owner and I'm the 2nd. Everything is working properly and it sounds excellent and is a pleasure to use. This is a great unit on its' own, or can be used as a transport connected to a newer DAC. It uses the PEA1030 Stable Platter Mechanism/transport, which loads discs with the label facing down and reads with an overhead laser. Heavy chassis shielded with lots of copper. Made in Japan, of course. The PD-65 was produced for 9 years straight (1992-2001) and is still a very competent redbook CD player. Much more organic sounding than anything I've heard from Marantz.

Made to very high standards and one of the best CDP's ever to roll off the line at Meguro.

Original remote included, as well as the original box and packaging, and owners' manual.

$400 or best offer (shipping extra). May be interested in trades but prefer to sell. Located near Toronto, Canada. Thanks for your interest.

Big Red Machine

Re: Pioneer Elite Reference CD Player PD-65 NM/OBM
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2014, 12:09 am »
Guys, this is a fantastic transport.  I keep mine for the occasional disc spinning and because it is such a sexy piece.

Sarchi

Re: Pioneer Elite Reference CD Player PD-65 NM/OBM
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2014, 03:47 am »
Agreed (thanks). I still like spinning CD's. No real reason to sell it, just got an itch to try something different and a Primare came up nearby me, so.....

Sarchi

Re: Pioneer Elite Reference CD Player PD-65 NM/OBM (SOLD)
« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2014, 04:49 pm »
Sold.