Hi, new member vmps ff3 sre owner

Vintagechris

Hi, new member vmps ff3 sre owner
« on: 24 Jul 2016, 12:41 am »
Like to say hello and introduce myself.

I am a carpenter and audio enthusiast, at a young age i started collecting and enjoying vintage and newer audio gear, im 50 years old now and still have a deep interest and love for quality speakers and gear.

Ro a year and and half ago i stumbled onto my game ender speakers, vmps ff3 sre with the upgrade monsoon ribbon wings, these speakers ended my obsession to acquire that elusive perfect for me sounding speaker.

I have put a fare amount of time and funds into these speakers to make em what they are now, purchasing 6 new old stock emit r tweeters from John casler, diagnosing a crossover issue which had plagued the Previous  owner, replacing the surrounds on the passive radiator, sealing off the tweeter mounting holes from the main chamber to eliminate the woofers pressurizing the emit diaphragms thru gaps in the magnet structure, which had caused Siblence  and stretching of the emit diaphragms on the original emits, it was worth all the work and time i put into these to bring them back to and possibly beyond their former glory, it blessed me with a pair speakers just do everything right or as right as one can expect anyways.

Anyways that's what brought me here, looking foreward to sharing my experience and reading about other members tips and experience with vmps.

Chris

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Hi, new member vmps ff3 sre owner
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2016, 01:08 am »
Very cool. Welcome to AudioCircle, Chris.  :beer:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:22 am »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:29 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC  Chris    :thumb:  Nice setup.  8)

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2016, 05:53 am »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Chris.

Guy 13

aphile

« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2018, 10:48 pm »
Chris, Hello.
I've got a lead on a pair of identical speakers to your FF3 SRE's.  Would really like to discuss you experiences with them and
the work you've done on them.

Regards,

RM