The Tuonare

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
The Tuonare
« on: 11 Aug 2014, 03:46 pm »
The Tuonare is the first of our lineup of new speakers designed for a dealer distribution network we are currently building.  We appreciate all of the positive feedback around our speaker line up and would like to give more enthusiasts the opportunity to hear our speakers in person.  The Tuonare features a RAAL ribbon paired with a 4.5" mid and dual 7" slot ported woofers in a 3 way alignment and bass extension down to 32hz.  The design features premium crossover components, Kimber cable throughout, WBT binding posts, and heavily braced Birch ply construction.  The cabinet features angular modern architectural styling to allow for a phase aligned baffle with a nice warm natural wood veneer to allow it to incorporate into any aesthetic.  Dealer deliveries will begin very soon, so be on the look out for Vapor Audio at a shop near you. 

I will post more details on the Tuonare regarding availability, pricing, and the release dates as they become available.  The rest of Vapor Audio's lineup will still be available direct from Vapor Audio via the normal channels.

RDavidson

Re: The Tuonare
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2014, 03:50 pm »
Will these be available direct also, assuming the potential buyer isn't near a dealer?

nickd

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2014, 06:10 pm »
Nice tease,

MSRP?

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2014, 07:58 pm »
Need a dealer in Minneapolis?  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2014, 12:07 am »
That's a pretty sexy package you've got there, Ryan. You continue to impress.  :wink:

studiotech

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2014, 02:58 am »
Round Raal?  New model or custom faceplate?

Greg

ricardojoa

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2014, 05:35 am »
Round Raal?  New model or custom faceplate?

Greg

I believe it is similar to the one used on the Ascend sierra 2 and Dennis Phils Slim junior.

By the way, these towers looks amazing.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2014, 02:48 pm »
I will try to post more information is still being ironed out.  I would anticipate that the Tuonare may be available direct from Vapor in some instances where a distributor is not available in your area, but again some of these details are still being worked out.  The MSRP will be inline with the competitive pricing of the rest of our models, the Tuonare should retail for well under 10k.

Thanks for all of the comments, I look forward to debuting these very soon and getting them out for reviews.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2015, 04:51 am »
Just a note to anyone in the area, the Tuonare is available for listening at The Sound Room on Clarkson Rd in Chesterfield, MO.  Swing by, give them some time, and let us know your thoughts.

raov1

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jan 2015, 05:34 am »
Nt

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2015, 03:58 am »
I stopped by today for about an hour.  Started in on some listening.  Nothing special on the electronics part.  Nice 100W/ch AVR driving the speakers and a decent CD player below.

A young man named Joseph in the main room came up to the room where I was listening today and poked his head in so I motioned him in.

He told me the reason he stuck his head in the room was that from outside the room he thought there was someone in there performing live.    :)

So I had him sit in the good chair for a bit.  After a couple minutes he looked at me and said, "are these all that's playing?"  I said,  "yes, just those two speakers."  He looked at me incredulously and said, "but it sounds like the music is coming from right there" as he points between the speakers.  "It doesn't sound like it's coming from the speakers.  How is that possible?"   :)

Mission accomplished.

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 17 Jan 2015, 04:03 am »
I stopped by today for about an hour.  Started in on some listening.  Nothing special on the electronics part.  Nice 100W/ch AVR driving the speakers and a decent CD player below.

A young man named Joseph in the main room came up to the room where I was listening today and poked his head in so I motioned him in.

He told me the reason he stuck his head in the room was that from outside the room he thought there was someone in there performing live.    :)

So I had him sit in the good chair for a bit.  After a couple minutes he looked at me and said, "are these all that's playing?"  I said,  "yes, just those two speakers."  He looked at me incredulously and said, "but it sounds like the music is coming from right there" as he points between the speakers.  "It doesn't sound like it's coming from the speakers.  How is that possible?"   :)

Mission accomplished.

hi pete,maybe is the tube amp?,only joking pete!... :green:

Architect7

• Sound Quality Addict
« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2015, 06:32 am »
Are those Wavecor drivers?  They look like my center...if so, I bet they sound amazing :)

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2015, 06:03 pm »
Are those Wavecor drivers?  They look like my center...if so, I bet they sound amazing :)

They are, and yes, they are excellent drivers.  Tuonare offers amplifier-like distortion levels because of the excellent engineering they put into those woofers.

Architect7

• Sound Quality Addict
« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2015, 06:40 pm »
Very nice!  Yes these are some of the best kept secrets on the market right now.  I am actually upgrading my line arrays from CSS WR125ST to the Wavecor WF120BD10 because I love the sound of my center so much.  Incredible realism, like the guy you mentioned who heard them from far away, the the sound is very LIVE.  I bet they sound incredible :)

Shakeydeal

« Reply #15 on: 5 Feb 2015, 08:09 pm »
"but it sounds like the music is coming from right there" as he points between the speakers.  "It doesn't sound like it's coming from the speakers.  How is that possible
?"   

That's a parlor trick that can be pulled off by even the lowliest of speakers. It's just that most laymen have never heard it done. You don't get any of that watching movies or listening to earbuds.........

Shakey

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #16 on: 5 Feb 2015, 08:41 pm »
I never heard of that attribute being referred to as a parlor trick.  :scratch:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #17 on: 6 Feb 2015, 02:45 pm »
I never heard of that attribute being referred to as a parlor trick.  :scratch:

Indeed.  And it's not like these were the first pair of speakers that were in front of this young man either.

Imaging and sound staging are two adjectives that are used to describe the ability of a pair of speakers to fool the brain into thinking there's more there than actually is.  Not all speakers pull this off equally.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #18 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:05 pm »
Most decent speakers will image well if care is taken in placement. Some do it better than others.

But this?

"but it sounds like the music is coming from right there" as he points between the speakers.  "It doesn't sound like it's coming from the speakers

This sounds like a novice who hasn't heard a properly set up pair of speakers before. This is not unique to Vapor speakers. Sorry, but it's not.

Shakey

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #19 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:23 pm »
This is not unique to Vapor speakers. Sorry, but it's not.

I'm pretty sure nobody said or even implied that it was.  We're aware that other speakers are able to image as well, Pete was just sharing a fun story.