What active monitors/speakers do you use with the LIO DHT?

lengcm

Just want to find out what active speakers/monitors do you guys use with the LIO DHT?

Vinnie R.

Re: What active monitors/speakers do you use with the LIO DHT?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2017, 09:37 pm »
Just want to find out what active speakers/monitors do you guys use with the LIO DHT?

Hi lengcm,

Welcome to the VR forum!

I don't believe that I have many customers here on this forum using their LIO to drive active speakers,
but I hope some will chime in and correct me if I am wrong. 

Vinnie

lengcm

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2017, 05:33 am »
Looks like I am one of those rare few :o. I am using the LIO DHT with the KII 3 active monitors.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2017, 09:01 am »
Looks like I am one of those rare few :o. I am using the LIO DHT with the KII 3 active monitors.

What are your thoughts on the Kii? Impressions from regular folks is hard to come by on those.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2017, 12:57 pm »
Unfamiliar with these speakers, but they seem most impressive.  From what I could gather the cleanest input would be digital.  Could you provide your opinions of them?

Thanks in advance

lengcm

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2017, 01:17 pm »
Just received my EML 2A3 mesh plates. Will post more impressions once those tubes are run in.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2017, 02:29 am »
I'll bet that combination sounds amazing.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2017, 04:00 pm »
I'll bet that combination sounds amazing.

+1  :thumb:

hubi

« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2017, 07:54 pm »
Hi Lengcm

you are not all alone. I use a LIO with DHT Pre and the LIO DAC Module with active studio monitors: PSI Audio A14-M (http://www.psiaudio.com/en/our-products/a14-m-studio/). I've choosen the loudspeakers before the LIO. I found this loudspeakers "by chance" and was immediatly impressed. So then I was looking for an appropriate Pre and there my choice was the LIO. In the meantime I have upgraded to the DHT PRE, sounds just wonderful. I can use this combination for low volume listening and it sounds great in a very difficult room because of comfortable nearfeald listening. I've no experience with the LIO and passive speakers, but can confirm the combination with active speakers is great.

Best.
Hubert

jpm

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2017, 07:58 pm »
I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but I'm looking forward to someone reporting their experiences with the LS50 Wireless. 

Vinnie R.

« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2017, 04:04 pm »
I just spotted a related article this morning by John Darko (writing for Audiostream.com):

http://www.audiostream.com/content/john-darko-active-loudspeakers#fWoQTXdYdJ9y8uh0.97

jpm

« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2017, 04:18 pm »
I just spotted a related article this morning by John Darko (writing for Audiostream.com):

http://www.audiostream.com/content/john-darko-active-loudspeakers#fWoQTXdYdJ9y8uh0.97

A familiar theme from Darko and all the more reason to want a Vinnie Rossi power supply for active speakers.