Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

orthobiz

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #900 on: 23 Nov 2011, 10:13 pm »
I'm seeing Crack The Sky on Friday AND Saturday in Maryland this weekend. I last saw them in 1975 and I am pumped!!!

Any Crack Addicts out there?

Paul

bunky

« Reply #901 on: 23 Nov 2011, 11:12 pm »
I have seen them many times since the late 70's ,the last time being last year in Towson MD. they are as good live today as they ever were :thumb: in fact the musicians are some of the finest ever to play progressive rock. kind of similar to some of the later King Crimson music but with much better lyric's  :lol:

orthobiz

« Reply #902 on: 25 Nov 2011, 12:56 am »
I have seen them many times since the late 70's ,the last time being last year in Towson MD. they are as good live today as they ever were :thumb: in fact the musicians are some of the finest ever to play progressive rock. kind of similar to some of the later King Crimson music but with much better lyric's  :lol:

I love 'em too! A best kept secret...

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #903 on: 27 Nov 2011, 11:35 pm »

Saw them TWICE. Crazy good, fantastic, tight. Love 'em.

Paul

drjjpdc

« Reply #904 on: 16 Dec 2011, 03:11 am »
Well, I OD'd on Blues and R&B in mid-November in NY at BB King's place. Saw Buddy Guy twice and Delbert McClinton later in the week. Buddy had a 12 year old blues guitarist as his opening act, Quinn Sullivan. Boy is he good. Of course Buddy was great. First time I saw BG and Delbert live. Got 2 things off my bucket list!  :D

BTW Buddy's latest album on vinyl, Living Proof is killer!

InfernoSTi

« Reply #905 on: 16 Dec 2011, 05:21 am »
Dave Alvin and the Guilty Ones at Sam's Burger Joint (a nice converted jazz club in San Antonio).  Excellent music and acoustics.  The Sons of Fathers from Austin opened....picked up their CD!  Eleven Eleven by Dave Alvin is worth a listen...

John

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #906 on: 22 Dec 2011, 04:41 pm »
Caught Wilco in Detroit a couple weeks ago and then their final show of the year last Sunday in Chicago at Lincoln Hall.  Tiny venue for this band, about 500 people, and a great show to wrap up the year.

DeadFish

« Reply #907 on: 22 Dec 2011, 05:05 pm »
Caught the "Mickey Hart Band' on 12-13 and was blown away for superb rhythm experience unsurpassed since a good Dead Space jam.  Recommended to the like-minded. 
And I was sober!!

DeadFish

Berto

« Reply #908 on: 31 Dec 2011, 12:49 am »
Went to see Phish last night at MSG and they just bout RIPPED the roof off the garden. First set was rocking from start to finish. A gem of a show with the first lifeboy since 09. Beautiful Loving Cup for encore. Jammed for 3 hrs, one of the best show Ive ever seen. I was behind the stage but second row, felt like I was in a much smaller venue and acoustics were amazing.

Goin NYE for the three set extravaganza. :thumb: Went last year, best NYE party i've ever been too. Hoping they can match thurs. Wish I was goin tonite but the rest will be nice.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #909 on: 31 Dec 2011, 04:20 am »
Went to see Phish last night at MSG and they just bout RIPPED the roof off the garden. First set was rocking from start to finish. A gem of a show with the first lifeboy since 09. Beautiful Loving Cup for encore. Jammed for 3 hrs, one of the best show Ive ever seen. I was behind the stage but second row, felt like I was in a much smaller venue and acoustics were amazing.

Goin NYE for the three set extravaganza. :thumb: Went last year, best NYE party i've ever been too. Hoping they can match thurs. Wish I was goin tonite but the rest will be nice.

Sweet!!

I haven't seen a New Years Eve show since 1995 at the Garden (a pretty darn good one to be at) and I missed them this year.  At least I have the shows to listen to.   :thumb:

Be sure to post your thoughts on tomorrow night.  Have fun and be sure to use some glow sticks.

George

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #910 on: 31 Dec 2011, 05:22 am »
I just saw Murder by Deaths New years warmup, you guys in Chicago are in for a treat.  I saw New found glory a few months back they were better than expected.  My wife is taking me to Martin Sexton in Little Rock AK in February for my bday abd that is going to be EPIC.  Then right after that I am going to Radiohead in STL in March its going to be a good year.  Happy new year to me.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #911 on: 7 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm »
David Lindley, Jan 4 at the Bing Crosby Theater in Spokane WA. Great venue built in 1915, seats 750.

David played several different string instruments including two acoustic slide guitars, two mandolins, an acoustic guitar, a Baglama (from Turkey), an oud and a Martin. After the show he mingled with the audience in the lobby and signed CDs and T-shirts. The iphone camera is not the best in low light without a flash.

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #912 on: 20 Jan 2012, 07:18 pm »
My wife is taking me to Martin Sexton in Little Rock AK in February for my bday abd that is going to be EPIC.

Just caught the kickoff to his "Fall Like Rain" tour last night at The Ark in Ann Arbor, MI.  Great show as usual at a very intimate venue.

vortrex

« Reply #913 on: 20 Jan 2012, 07:33 pm »
devo a couple nights ago, great show!

low.pfile

« Reply #914 on: 7 Feb 2012, 04:51 pm »
I saw Laura Gibson last night in SF. Breathe Owl Breathe, a very fun live band, was one of the openers (they had more fans there). The venue, The Bottom of the Hill. need to work on their system--pretty buzzy. Laura sounded good nonetheless. She played songs mostly from her divergent new album, La Grande.

bottom image: Breathe Owl Breathe

vinyl_lady

« Reply #915 on: 7 Feb 2012, 09:43 pm »
Wilco from the first row at the INB  Performing Arts Center in Spokane WA, 2-6-12. I bought tickets in the 5th row of the orchestra section (actually the 8th row because of 3 rows in the orchestra pit), during the presale. Yesterday morning I checked to see what tickets were available just in case the band or promoter turned in some tickets for sale at the last minute. It was my lucky day as I scored the two center seats on the first row of the orchestra pit. I then trade my original tickets to the owner of my local vinyl shop for store credit--a win-win. It was a terrific show.  :thumb: :thumb: White Denim opened for them and they are definitely worth checking out. Catch this concert if you get a chance. Well worth it.

low.pfile

« Reply #916 on: 8 Feb 2012, 01:30 am »
Laura scores again with primo seats!

drmike

« Reply #917 on: 8 Feb 2012, 02:10 am »
Tool. Great show, in boston. 1/28/12.
Drmike

Demarche

« Reply #918 on: 19 Feb 2012, 06:40 pm »
Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Friday night @ the Crystal Ballroom in Portland, OR.
I've seen BHT&M a number of times and they always bring it and Friday night was no different. They played Midnight Radio in it's entirety which was great. Unlike a lot of bands who play an album straight through they did not take a break and do a 2nd set. They just kept playing for a good 2hrs, with a some what standard 3 song encore. One song they covered was a big surprise. It was just Todd on the steel guitar and the drummer and they ripped through a killer version of LMFAO's I'm Sexy & I Know It.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #919 on: 19 Feb 2012, 06:55 pm »
Laura scores again with primo seats!

Great story Laura!

Wish stuff like that would happen around here.

Jeff is looking more than a little scruffy...how did they sound?  How long did they play?

George