RMAF 2012

audioengr

RMAF 2012
« on: 18 Sep 2012, 05:00 pm »
Overdrive SE DAC will be in the Vapor Sound/Arte Forma room #593. 

Great speakers, the Vapor Sounds.  Great value too:

http://www.vaporsound.com

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2013, 12:23 am by audioengr »

DaveBSC

Re: RMAF 2012
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2012, 06:26 am »
Cirrus monitors? Those things are awesome.

audioengr

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2012, 05:28 pm »
Cirrus monitors? Those things are awesome.

Yes they are.  First time I heard them, I had to resist going for my wallet..

This is the ONLY speaker manufacturer that actually took my advice and auditioned inductors from jensencapacitors.com.  Now he uses these in most of his speakers.  The best inductor on the planet.

Steve N.

djkevrock

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2012, 01:39 am »
Steve,

Is this a fully loaded Cirrus Speaker?  Also, will the Overdrive SE be featured with the First Drive?

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2012, 07:29 pm »
Steve,

Is this a fully loaded Cirrus Speaker?  Also, will the Overdrive SE be featured with the First Drive?

It will be driving a preamp, so no Final Drive.  I have been too slammed to build them anyway.

I aksed the question about the Cirrus.

Steve N.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2012, 05:22 am »
This pair of Cirrus will have Amorphous Core RAAL's, VH Audio OIMP caps for the full value and Teflon V-Cap bypass on woofer and tweeter.  I am experimenting with the Copper/Teflon V-Caps, and haven't decided on if I'll use CuTf on both, or a mix of CuTf and TnTf V-Caps. 

The veneer is something special, I've never seen a speaker that looks anything like it  :D  Give me a few days and I'll be able to post some pics.

ketcham

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2012, 04:36 am »
Steve, I have some friends attending.  Are you bringing your fully modded dac with Haynes reg and cutf caps?  They will be as impressed as I am. 

audioengr

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2012, 05:36 pm »
Steve, I have some friends attending.  Are you bringing your fully modded dac with Haynes reg and cutf caps?  They will be as impressed as I am.

The DAC in room 593 will be the $5999 stock DAC.

Steve N.

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2012, 04:50 pm »
This pair of Cirrus will have Amorphous Core RAAL's, VH Audio OIMP caps for the full value and Teflon V-Cap bypass on woofer and tweeter.  I am experimenting with the Copper/Teflon V-Caps, and haven't decided on if I'll use CuTf on both, or a mix of CuTf and TnTf V-Caps. 

The veneer is something special, I've never seen a speaker that looks anything like it  :D  Give me a few days and I'll be able to post some pics.
When can we expect those pics?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2012, 06:17 am »

I'll have that speaker done with the finishing process tomorrow, and running Friday.  I'll post pics soon.  But here's another speaker we'll have there, the new Joule Black ... evolution of the Cirrus by making the cabinet about 60% bigger and addition of the AudioTech 15H SDKAM midrange and a custom spec'd AudioTech 23I woofer. 

wisnon

« Reply #10 on: 4 Oct 2012, 08:01 am »
Very nice! Pricing?
« Last Edit: 4 Oct 2012, 10:33 am by wisnon »

DaveBSC

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2012, 10:14 am »
Gorgeous. Any idea when we'll be able to see the Nimbus?

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2012, 10:21 am »
Wow...

standub

« Reply #13 on: 8 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm »
 :o Must leave credit card at home, must leave credit card at home, must leave credit card at home....

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #14 on: 10 Oct 2012, 04:57 pm »

Here they are ... Red Flame Boxelder veneer

audioengr

« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2012, 06:16 pm »
Audiocircle report on the two Vapor Audio rooms (scroll down):

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=110588.20

liddown

« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2012, 11:05 pm »
Just finished my three days at RMAF 2012... Wanted to stop by and tell you the Overdrive SE in room 593 sounded wonderful. I was really impressed with how smooth the music was presented, and the very natural presentation. Took a while for me to get my demo disc back as people kept coming in and wanting to hear "that song" again... Good sign when we were pulling folks in from the hall... Nice work Steve, after countless CES's, and The Shows, I finally got to hear your work... Looking forward to adding the short block and offramp to the system...
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2012, 10:00 pm by liddown »

audioengr

« Reply #17 on: 28 Oct 2012, 06:54 pm »
Just finished my three days at RMAF 2012... Wanted to stop by and tell you the Overdrive SE in room 593 sounded wonderful. I was really impressed with how smooth the music was presented, and the very natural presentation. Took a while for me to get my demo disc back as people kept coming in and wanting to hear "that song" again... Good sign when we were pulling folks in from the hall... Nice work Steve, after countless CES's, and The Shows, I finally got to hear your work... Looking forward to adding the short block and offramp to the system...

Lid - Thanks for the feedback.  Since I was not there this year, I need this.  Which day did you hear the room?

What was on your demo disk?

Here are some other show reports:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rocky-mountain-show-report-1/

http://www.audiostream.com/content/empirical-audioarte-forma-audiovapor-audio

Steve N.

liddown

« Reply #18 on: 29 Oct 2012, 03:43 am »
Hi Steve,

I was in the room both on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday the room sounded good, but I could not get into the music that was being played (my issue). So I went back on Sunday with a CD with the following three songs (can't ask for too much demo time).

Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go ( a great acoustic live song ) Your DAC was really amazing resolving this song.

Boz Scaggs - Hey Miss Riddle ( great male voice, and Bass ) Again your DAC resolved it perfectly.

Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo (Great fluid Bass and dynamics) Again resolved greatly.

It was great to see your products in action...

dw

audioengr

« Reply #19 on: 29 Oct 2012, 04:07 am »
Hi Steve,

I was in the room both on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday the room sounded good, but I could not get into the music that was being played (my issue). So I went back on Sunday with a CD with the following three songs (can't ask for too much demo time).

Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go ( a great acoustic live song ) Your DAC was really amazing resolving this song.

Boz Scaggs - Hey Miss Riddle ( great male voice, and Bass ) Again your DAC resolved it perfectly.

Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo (Great fluid Bass and dynamics) Again resolved greatly.

It was great to see your products in action...

dw

Good picks.  I usually have the Nils Lofgren on the computer.  I did have Cosmic Hippo on there already.

What kind of music were they playing BTW that didn't appeal to you?  Was it the Delta Blues?

I have this problem at every show I go to.  Hard to play a track that appeals to everyone.  I usually shy away from country and bluegrass.

Steve N.