LSAF Exhibitors - What Are You Bringing This Year

jimdgoulding

Re: LSAF Exhibitors - What Are You Bringing This Year
« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2010, 08:23 pm »
Somebody needs to make an announcement at AVS forum.  You'll see where at the top of the index for topics.  It's a giant forum.  I can't do it.  Here, I hope to make it easy for you.  Just copy and zip this over there.  Make changes as you see fit:

Lone Star Audio Festival

Your ears are requested at The Embassy Suites Park Central Hotel on I45N in Dallas on May 14-16.  Special rates are available for out of towners staying over.  Here is a list of exhibitors at this time:

Audiokinesis
www.audiokinesis

GR Research
www.gr-research

Dodd Audio
doddaudio.com

PI audio group, LLC
www.piaudiogroup

Abraxas Audio
abraxasaudio.home

Virtue Audio
store.virtueaudio

dB Audio Labs
www.dbaudiolabs

Touchstone custom tweeter surrounds
www.diffractionbegone

D-Sonic Custom Audio
www.d-sonic

Silver Circle Audio
www.silvercircleaudio

We also have several returning exhbitors who were here last year including:

Audio Note
www.audionote

Brines Acoustics
brinesacoustics.com

Pi Speakers
www.pispeakers

Crescendo Systems
www.crescendo-systems

Audio Mirror
www.audiomirror

Exhibitors will be added up to opening day. 

Check out some of the web addresses listed.  A good time awaits.       

_______________________________________ _______________________

(later)  Seems the links became inactive here, anyway, in the translation.  They work on Audiogon.  ???

jimdgoulding

« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2010, 08:32 pm »
I wonder if we would have any luck inviting the area radio stations to drop by and get them to mention the show?
Ok, I'll volunteer to contact the NPR affiliate and whoever else I can think of, the newspaper and the local TV stations.  I'll begin doing this on Monday.  Thanks for thinking.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #22 on: 1 May 2010, 12:39 am »
That post above bout the fest . . this should be added in there:

www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

That's beautiful work, Fred!  Looks wonderful!  If there is someone else to thank I hope you will do that for me.  Thanks. 

TrungT

« Reply #23 on: 1 May 2010, 12:58 am »
Jim
I just posted on Audio Karma. http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/
 :eyebrows:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #24 on: 1 May 2010, 02:27 am »
Jim
I just posted on Audio Karma. http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/
 :eyebrows:
Way to go, Trung.  Big site.  Somebody still needs to post the AVS forum.  Really BIG site.   

JohnR

« Reply #25 on: 1 May 2010, 03:01 am »
If anyone would like to offer to write a report - or contribute to a group report - for the upcoming webzine, drop me a PM with your email address. It won't help for this year but will for next.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #26 on: 1 May 2010, 01:08 pm »
Upcoming webzine? Okay that sounds interesting. Care to share?

JohnR

« Reply #27 on: 1 May 2010, 01:16 pm »
Upcoming webzine? Okay that sounds interesting. Care to share?

Sure, it's right here - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80230.0

I was hoping to get to "print" 1st May with a preview of LSAF, but since reality does after all rule, it's now going to be 1 June (or a few days before) for the inaugural edition with a report from attendees (hopefully)

I'd welcome any submissions or proposals for other articles as well.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #28 on: 1 May 2010, 08:23 pm »
That's a good idea for exhibitors to start talking about it and refreshing posts. 

I put the list of exhibitors and time, location, etc., on Audiogon last night and this morning there are couple of responses.  Question:  Will there be signage of some kind in the lobby?  Will there be a hostess?  Will there be a sign-in log book?  An open bar?  I'm kidding about the last one.

Here's the response I just made to the two respondants on Audiogon:  "Swanny-  See you when you get there.  You, too, Sebrof.  The exhibitors will all be located closely together in a wing of the hotel.  Just ask the front desk for directions.  Or, follow the music!  Invite a friend."
Hear ye.  Hear ye.  And I'm contacting Texas Monthly magazine, too. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 2 May 2010, 02:00 am »
Way to go Jim!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #30 on: 2 May 2010, 02:19 am »
Way to go Jim!
If they can be got, Danny, I'm gonna get em.  And we want a feature!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #31 on: 3 May 2010, 11:49 pm »
Jordan Breal
Asst Editor
Texas Monthly Magazine
PO Box 1569
Austin, TX 78767

Dear Jordan,

Your ears, eyes and pen are cordially invited to The Lone Star Audio Fest in Dallas on May 14,15,16- www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

Seriously, this is something that my colleagues and I want Texans to know about.  Many audio designers and manufacturers from all over will individually discuss and demo their high fidelity creations for attendees.  I’m sure you are aware of the CES in Las Vegas each year, the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver perhaps, and The Audio Karma Fest in Michigan (just concluding).  Some exhibitors from those shows will be present, as well, and now Texans can learn and listen, and enjoy right here at home.  To see more about the exhibitors and this year’s location, just visit the site and click on Exhibitors.  Each logo that appears is an active link to their websites. 

There is no admission charge to attendees and everyone is welcome.  Lots of music will be heard coming from the wing of the hotel where LSAF exhibitors will be located.  Each exhibitor will set up and entertain in their suite.  A science teacher from Abilene, Scott Clark, is bringing the student and his or her winning speaker design from a class project since the semester began.  Professor Clark is also bringing speaker performance measuring equipment.   Audio designers and manufacturers are coming from as far away as Idaho and California.  It’s free, here at home, and fun.  Especially for Texas music lovers pursuant of highest quality sound and setting in home.  Most of the designers present sell direct to consumers eliminating middle men and dealer markups.   

We hope that you will consider this event for a upcoming feature in your magazine.  There is a larger audience for this than you might imagine.  The aforementioned shows draw people from outside the U.S.  Why not to our state.  Additionally, I’d wager that virtually all Texas audio and video enthusiasts at this level read Texas Monthly magazine, just like me.

Hope you can agree.  We would welcome a presence from Texas Monthly in any capacity.  Dinner at The Grape would be on us.

Thank you.  Please let me hear back from you at your convenience via return email or 281-468-3133.

Sincerely,

Jim Goulding
music lover, audiophile, and participating manufacturer
« Last Edit: 7 May 2010, 07:24 pm by jimdgoulding »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #32 on: 4 May 2010, 04:37 pm »
Edited in Texas Monthly notification above.  Send em some good vibe.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #33 on: 4 May 2010, 04:48 pm »
Jim, you are the man! Dinner will be on me.

panomaniac

« Reply #34 on: 6 May 2010, 10:03 pm »
This will be my 1st LSAF.

I will be there with a home made open baffle rig.  Those of you who were at LSAF in 2008 may remember the Altec 605 coax + 18" woofer open baffle rig.
That will be in my room this year with a class-d amp on the sub and a lovely Grant Audio 300B SET on the mids, highs. (Thanks Rachel and Ian!)

Source will be a nice little Yamaha CD/DVD/DVD-A/SACD universal player.  Going toslink out to a home brew DAC.  I've burned a bunch of tracks to DVD-A format and keeping my fingers crossed that it all works.  :? Some of the tracks are 96KHz/24bit.

Please stop by and bring a few CDs.  See you there!
« Last Edit: 7 May 2010, 02:09 am by panomaniac »

FredT300B

« Reply #35 on: 6 May 2010, 11:23 pm »
Just today I picked up the power conditioner and cables from Dave Stanard at Silver Circle Audio. Here's the link to some pictures of the system I'll be exhibiting.   http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/Events/2010-Lone-Star-Audio-Fest/12091834_fWkZR#859102825_J7fJm

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #36 on: 7 May 2010, 12:23 am »
Here is the project that I'll be bringing from this year.  :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #37 on: 7 May 2010, 12:43 am »
Scott,
Very cool!  See you there!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #38 on: 7 May 2010, 01:09 am »
Congratulations to the winners, Scott.  I see the second place winners were two young ladies! 

panomaniac

« Reply #39 on: 7 May 2010, 02:07 am »
Cool!  Very much looking forward to hearing the contest winner's stuff.  :thumb: