ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!

JG2

Re: ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!
« Reply #1640 on: 14 Jan 2012, 07:41 pm »
Don't know if any of you snagged the TS top getter 5U4G, but it has sold on E-Bay!~

boynamedsue

« Reply #1641 on: 4 Oct 2012, 03:53 am »
I realize I am reviving an old thread. I am seeking advice on a problem I am having with the MWTP. I am getting no sound out of my analog output (both XLR and RCA). Digital output is working fine. The two output tubes are lighting up, but the rectifier isn't. I tried two different rectifiers (stock modwright and EML mesh) and they both don't light up, so I think its a problem with the MWTP and not the tubes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

funkmonkey

« Reply #1642 on: 4 Oct 2012, 04:13 am »
Mine does the same thing every so often, but when I wiggle the rectified a little, it lights back up...  dirty pins in my case, yours may be a little more than that...  I would remove the cover and visually check for any loose wires.  If nothing looks out of place I would test some connections by very gently pulling on some wires (starting at the Rect tube socket) and tracing the path as far as I could...  Or just call Dan and see about sending it in for repair. 

Also, try a third rectifier if you have one, it's unlikely but not impossible that the two you tried are bad.

Good luck

boynamedsue

« Reply #1643 on: 5 Oct 2012, 03:44 am »
@ funkmonkey, thanks so much for the advice. I am happy and much relieved to say that I replaced the fuse (3.15amp, 5x20mm, slow from radio shack) today and now getting sound from the analog outs. This thread was helpful in directing me to the possibility of a blown fuse.

I took delivery of this unit yesterday and I am hearing the analog MWTP for first time and it is very impressive.

RodneyMarion

« Reply #1644 on: 5 Oct 2012, 08:10 pm »
That's great news!

bgilchrist

« Reply #1645 on: 13 Mar 2014, 03:10 pm »
Sorry for posting this as a reply -- but as a newly joined member - I can't post a new message & I'm hoping I can get some direction with a problem I'm having with tube rolling on the transporter.

I bought a set of Black Treasure 6SN7 tubes and a pair of 8(f) to 9(m) pin socket adapters (tried to find the Bolder adapters - but it seems they are NLA) --

Installing them in the transporter -- I get no sound & the tubes don't heat up -- took the tubes and had them tested -- Tubes are fine -- but it seems the adapters have a short (according to the tube tester when testing them as 6CG7 tubes ( tube and adapter together ) 

Does anyone know where I can source a proper pair of adapters from a reliable source (new or used) -- for use with a 6SN7 tube - in a 6CG7 socket.  Ebay shows several sources -- but that's where I got the last set -- which don't work.  Any help or direction would be appreciated

thanks

Bart 

T42

« Reply #1646 on: 16 May 2015, 12:26 pm »
Hi Bart, did you manage to source the correct adapters?

ajhess

« Reply #1647 on: 9 Aug 2016, 09:25 pm »
Is anyone still there? I'm a newbie here and I have a Transporter/Modwright. I wouldn't mind some tube advice.

If anyone is there...

hello...?

Shredder

« Reply #1648 on: 1 Nov 2016, 07:41 pm »
Hey there. I am no audio expert, but I have owned the MWTP for 8 years and have rolled many a tube. Fire away.....