JBL S700 headphones

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
JBL S700 headphones
« on: 11 Dec 2014, 12:38 am »
http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/Synchros-S700/SYNCHRO%20700_JBL_US?skuId=SYNAE700BLK_JBL_US&searchMode=regularProductOnly&sCatId=cat540038

An early gift came today with these JBL S700's inside......first impressions are all good , the build quality is pretty amazing, and after I run them in overnite I'll start really listening. They remind me of my HE5-LE's but way more efficient.....I'll be back with more info... :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: JBL S700 headphones
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2014, 05:14 pm »
It has a DSP option called livestage thats why the battery is there and I think they sound much better with it left off.
These are comfortable headphones built like tanks and i love the sound. There is what most of us would call extra low end but its so well defined its incredible.
 My rating would be 9 out of a possible 10 but real purists might think otherwise. I love solid low end and these have that in spades. 
Its like enclosing some classic Jbl speakers in a super comfy pair of pillows and strapping them on your head!
They have some weight but its not an issue so far. I love the sound, the first time I had them on I had a smile ear to ear I bet.
 I'll add more as they age a bit ....Happy Holidays folks!