Super V Network with J-Cap - bi-ampable?

Trismos

Super V Network with J-Cap - bi-ampable?
« on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:14 am »
Newby question

I was about to build my Super V network (finally) and I had thought that I might want to try bi-amping the coax. Following the drawing that came with the parts there's a series consisting of a capacitor, resistor, and coil that run between the + and - inputs that seem to negate this idea. Or can I just build it the way it is shown and run two amps anyways? Because it seems to be sort of drawn with that in mind as there are two sets opf inputs and outputs shown, but the above mentioned series of parts between the + and - inputs makes this rather counter intuitive to my eyes.

Guy 13

Re: Super V Network with J-Cap - bi-ampable?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:20 am »
Newby question

I was about to build my Super V network (finally) and I had thought that I might want to try bi-amping the coax. Following the drawing that came with the parts there's a series consisting of a capacitor, resistor, and coil that run between the + and - inputs that seem to negate this idea. Or can I just build it the way it is shown and run two amps anyways? Because it seems to be sort of drawn with that in mind as there are two sets opf inputs and outputs shown, but the above mentioned series of parts between the + and - inputs makes this rather counter intuitive to my eyes.

Hi Trismos,
I am sure Danny can answer that question.

Guy 13

Trismos

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:36 am »
Hi Guy

Good to see you're still about.

While I'm on "things that seem counter intuitive" - I notice in the pics of Danny's cross-overs he did for us a while back

that the order in which certain parts are laid out are different than the drawing. If I'm putting a current into a line, does it not matter if the cap is first, then the resistor, then the coil? Doesn't each part change what the next part sees, and therefore if you swap parts around, you'll get different outputs? I have asked this question before but obviously the answer did not sit in my brain very well.

Thx for humouring me,

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:42 am »
Hi Guy

While I'm on "things that seem counter intuitive" - I notice in the pics of Danny's cross-overs he did for us a while back

that the order in which certain parts are laid out are different than the drawing. If I'm putting a current into a line, does it not matter if the cap is first, then the resistor, then the coil? Doesn't each part change what the next part sees, and therefore if you swap parts around, you'll get different outputs? I have asked this question before but obviously the answer did not sit in my brain very well.

Thx for humouring me,
Hi Trismos.
When I get back home this afternoon, I will take a picture of the Xover of my V1
and I will also scan the drawing that Danny supplied with the V1.
Hopefully that will help.
I still think that contacting Danny by PM would be better.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2014, 11:19 am »
Hi Guy

Thx for humouring me,

Hi Trismos.
I'm back home now and I've looked at my V1 and the xover of my V1 are quite different from the picture you have posted.
I was also looking to find where I've put the electrical drawing for the circuit
of the xover, but I must have misplaced it, cant't find it anywhere.
So, look as if I am not of very much help for you.
So, I will repeat myself and say: Contact Danny.
Sorry. :cry:

Guy 13

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2014, 02:05 pm »
What you guys are looking at is a LCR network used as an impedance trap. It flattens out the impedance rise caused by the crossover. It allows the amp you use to see an even load.

And the LCR parts can be in any order. It does not matter.

If you are bi-amping them with two amps then you can leave that part of the circuit completely off.