RMAF 2015

vinyl_lady

Re: RMAF 2015
« Reply #20 on: 21 Aug 2015, 09:40 pm »
What are the rates at the Hampton?

$169. HGI is $197.

I get the feeling a lot of folks don't travel on business because I find these rates to be very reasonable.

Don_S

« Reply #21 on: 21 Aug 2015, 10:55 pm »
$169. HGI is $197.

I get the feeling a lot of folks don't travel on business because I find these rates to be very reasonable.

Thank you.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #22 on: 21 Aug 2015, 11:27 pm »
Marriott room I have reserved is at the show rate which was around $100 last year.  If I add your name as a double and I don't show up, you will still only pay double rate which was only $10 more.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #23 on: 8 Sep 2015, 12:46 am »
AC folks, if you remember, put your AC screen name on the bottom of your nametag via the RMAF event ticket purchase page. I'll be the ruggedly handsome fellow. :icon_surprised:

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 8 Sep 2015, 01:24 am »
AC folks, if you remember, put your AC screen name on the bottom of your nametag via the RMAF event ticket purchase page. I'll be the ruggedly handsome fellow. :icon_surprised:

Yep,  Pete will be the small quiet, shy guy in the corner.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #25 on: 8 Sep 2015, 01:39 am »
I'll be the ruggedly handsome fellow. :icon_surprised:
Still having trouble with those dark glasses?   :dance:

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #26 on: 8 Sep 2015, 03:47 am »
Would love to meet you if attending RMAF.  Endeavor Audio, Modwright, Triangle Arts, and Skogrand Cables will be in room 8002 this year.

Hope to see you there.

Leif

mojave

« Reply #27 on: 8 Sep 2015, 05:53 pm »
Sounds like Fun....

I will be headed out yet again
Kevin, you are invited back to the JRiver/JTR room this year for movie night. This year we will be showing a movie on Friday and Saturday night - on a 126" diagonal Seymour Screen Excellence Enlightor-4K screen and a JVC RS67U projector.

Anyone else is invited, too, to room 2016. Please PM me to let me know you are coming. We will have food and drinks. I'm not sure yet on the start time. I would guess around 7:45-8:00 pm. We need to be finished by 10 pm.

sandbagger

« Reply #28 on: 8 Sep 2015, 06:47 pm »
Sounds like fun

No idea what Marks plan is yet for this year

Kevin, you are invited back to the JRiver/JTR room this year for movie night. This year we will be showing a movie on Friday and Saturday night - on a 126" diagonal Seymour Screen Excellence Enlightor-4K screen and a JVC RS67U projector.

Anyone else is invited, too, to room 2016. Please PM me to let me know you are coming. We will have food and drinks. I'm not sure yet on the start time. I would guess around 7:45-8:00 pm. We need to be finished by 10 pm.

martinr

« Reply #29 on: 11 Sep 2015, 03:37 pm »
Will be there this year!

Sorry to hear woodsyi will not make it. 

Hope to see others at the show!

HAL - Do you know which room your server will be in yet?  Looking forward to hearing it! - Martin

Big Red Machine

« Reply #30 on: 14 Sep 2015, 01:49 am »
Just an observation, there are 26 rooms in the Atrium tower available right now and one on the 9th floor. I am sure a lot of last minute exhibitors may sign up but this could be a slow show this year.

Still going.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #31 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:51 am »
HAL - Do you know which room your server will be in yet?  Looking forward to hearing it! - Martin

No plans to exhibit at RMAF2015 this year.  Just attending and listening.

Delacroix

« Reply #32 on: 14 Sep 2015, 03:11 am »
I’ll be there...no commitment or others to worry about -- hope to put faces to usernames here.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: 14 Sep 2015, 01:57 pm »
Just an observation, there are 26 rooms in the Atrium tower available right now and one on the 9th floor. I am sure a lot of last minute exhibitors may sign up but this could be a slow show this year.

Still going.
Hmmm.  :scratch:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #34 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:13 pm »
Hmmm.  :scratch:

Too many coastal shows will drain the attraction of heading (halfway) west and take its toll on the popularity of RMAF in my opinion. I'm not happy about it because I enjoy the location, the venue, and the getaway my wife and I take each fall.

Also, the industry is down right now. Anyone have any thoughts on discretionary spending these days? Mine is going up (at last) but not sure if entry level audiophiles are nil, in hibernation, or ? Probably a good thread topic of its own.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:18 pm »
Too many coastal shows will drain the attraction of heading (halfway) west and take its toll on the popularity of RMAF in my opinion. I'm not happy about it because I enjoy the location, the venue, and the getaway my wife and I take each fall.

Also, the industry is down right now. Anyone have any thoughts on discretionary spending these days? Mine is going up (at last) but not sure if entry level audiophiles are nil, in hibernation, or ? Probably a good thread topic of its own.
I do think there are waaaay too many shows.  I'd like to see one the east and one on the west and then little area gatherings if manufacturers wanted to attend.  Between the time and cost for these smaller guys it's gotten out of control and I'm sure that's what is happening now.  At the end of the day there has to be an ROI for these guys...

mojave

« Reply #36 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:40 pm »
AXPONA in Chicago has become more popular the past few years and had quite a few internet direct companies there this year.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #37 on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:43 pm »
Yup, too many shows... RMAF does not advertise enough to drum up attendance either, nobody who isn't into audio knows about RMAF. Since B&M HiFi stores are much rarer audio shows are one of the main ways to expose folks to HiFi, and if the shows aren't advertised nobody knows about it and nobody new shows up which leads to stagnancy and low attendance. It would be great if RMAF regained it's place as the worlds premiere audio show, imo they need to look at what Munich and other successful shows are doing and emulate their formula. Hiring someone to market RMAF and giving them a large budget would be great even if it means higher fees for everyone attending and showing.

The market follows income distribution, so the bottom and top are doing ok but the mid-market, which should be the meat-and-bones of the industry, is not doing that well. Those who are considered middle class are downsizing and being much more careful with their money, which is smart because our economy and their economic prospects are not what they once were. It's sad, but until we fix the larger economic issues I don't see the mid market recovering anytime soon.

Gopher

« Reply #38 on: 14 Sep 2015, 03:54 pm »
LampizatOr will be making it's first appearance at RMAF this year in room 2024 in a room you will NOT want to miss.

We will be debuting our brand new balanced 211 amplifiers along with a balanced Golden Gate DAC which must be heard to be believed.

In addition Vapor Audio will be providing their breath taking Perfect Storm speakers, while Resolution Acoustics provides truly cutting edge/class leading room treatments and Verastarr's universally praised cables will tie us all together.

We look forward to seeing you there!

tonyptony

« Reply #39 on: 14 Sep 2015, 10:54 pm »
Yup, too many shows... RMAF does not advertise enough to drum up attendance either, nobody who isn't into audio knows about RMAF.

I agree, I also agree with the feeling that Axpona seems to be moving into possibly the spot once held by RMAF. What was it? Two years ago the regional beer fest was going on the same weekend as RMAF. There was advertising plastered everywhere for that, but as usual not a thing to be found anywhere for the audio show. I get the feeling the audio society that runs RMAF either doesn't know how to or doesn't want to expose such a great show to a larger community. The former can be helped if they want it - the latter can't, and if the case will likely be behind further shrinking of (again) a great show.

Maybe it's like the Earth's rotation on its axis - true North moves as time goes on. Maybe Axpona's turn is coming up.