HAL

• Industry Participant
Re: New GR Neo 3 tweeters are here.
« Reply #100 on: 18 Oct 2017, 07:50 pm »
GR Neo3's are here!

Captainhemo

« Reply #101 on: 18 Oct 2017, 08:06 pm »
I think you'll like them Rich, been listeg for a  bit now in the NX-tremes up at don's place.
Have a local customer who's also been listening to them in a pair of NX-MTm's and   he seems to be  very  pleased as well    :thumb:

jay

gaelen5

« Reply #102 on: 21 Oct 2017, 01:46 am »
I think you'll like them Rich, been listeg for a  bit now in the NX-tremes up at don's place.
Have a local customer who's also been listening to them in a pair of NX-MTm's and   he seems to be  very  pleased as well    :thumb:

jay

True story! I've heard the old ones, but obviously haven't compared them back to back, so all I can say is that they're amazing. I've ended up listening at louder volumes that I normally would and it never thought anything sounded harsh, nor that I was approaching their limits.

HAL

• Industry Participant
« Reply #103 on: 21 Oct 2017, 02:16 am »
Jay,
Have the original GR Neo3-PDR tweeters in my N2X and Open Baffle three way with the Neo10's.  Love the way they sound.

Just getting them working with the latest version of the GR Neo3 drivers.

tosob

« Reply #104 on: 22 Oct 2017, 11:12 pm »
You could use Okoume Plywood. It comes in thicknesses from 3/8 to 1 inch. It primary use is in boat building. It is very strong some is made to have no voids. If you fiberglass and epoxy it it is very strong and durable. I built a boat out of this, It is a tank. The  decks are out of 3/8, fiberglased and epoxied. I can walk all over them.

Marty

Captainhemo

« Reply #105 on: 23 Oct 2017, 04:38 pm »
Jay,
Have the original GR Neo3-PDR tweeters in my N2X and Open Baffle three way with the Neo10's.  Love the way they sound.

Just getting them working with the latest version of the GR Neo3 drivers.

Well the new tweeters (GR Neo 3)  are  more like the custom Serenity   units.  No damping on the rear side, higher sensitvity,  and a couple other    things.   they a sound great   :thumb:

jay

HAL

• Industry Participant
« Reply #106 on: 23 Oct 2017, 07:40 pm »
Jay,
If I remember, the GR Neo3-PDR were the ones in the Serenity speakers.  Those are what I started with in my OB 3-way, before BG sold.

Captainhemo

« Reply #107 on: 23 Oct 2017, 07:49 pm »
Jay,
If I remember, the GR Neo3-PDR were the ones in the Serenity speakers.  Those are what I started with in my OB 3-way, before BG sold.

Ahhh, got ya ,  I was thining you  meant the   standard PDr GR deep  cup version with the cup removed.  So yeah,   very similar to the  Serenity version,  just a different ribbon  material  I think

jay