VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #260 on: 10 Dec 2014, 04:28 pm »
VMPS Floor-Standing Speakers Tower II Super Tower - (Terre Haute, IN)   $400

http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/ele/4794692965.html

NO PICTURE

"For sale: Set of VMPS Floor-Standing Speakers, Tower II/Super Tower originally from ITone Audio of El Sobrante, CA. Impedence 4 Ohms. 17" deep x 15" wide x 45" tall. Rounded corners. Medium oak with piano black top and base. 5-point "Setup Instructions" are on the back of each speaker. Bass damping is user-adjustable. Full "Operating Instructions" are also on the back of each speaker, including "Switches and Controls", diagrams of "Toggle Switch" and "Supertweeter Level" adjustment, and "Biamp Operation". The front covers snap on and off."

Stimpy

« Reply #261 on: 10 Dec 2014, 04:29 pm »
PRICE DROP  -  Two VMPS 12" subwoofers (don't know if they work) - $40    :o :o

Two VMPS 12" subwoofers (don't know if they work)  -  (Greenville, SC)  $60   :o

http://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/4780533417.html

"Two VMPS 12" subs for sale. Can't find anything wrong with them but they're just so old that I have no idea how to hook them up or connect them to anything. So instead they've been used as tables but maybe someone else is a tech wiz or just wants them for show. These just need to go, 60$ firm. (They are extremely heavy as a note of caution, if buying you'll need more than me and you most likely) pick up only!!"

Stimpy

« Reply #262 on: 10 Dec 2014, 05:06 pm »
Is This REALLY a VMPS???

VMPS high end speaker -  (Sunnyvale, CA)  $1000

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/4796732138.html

"This is 400 watt speakers built by a company in Hayward, called VMPS. This is collector's speaker.

This is kind of speaker that is for someone who make his own stereo using vacuum tubes.

The speaker at the lower side is 12 inches across and ther is speaker facing floor. which will send the sound toward the floor. Listen to Mozart midnight sonata will be dream come true.

I am moving back Korea and can not take this with me."

Brax

« Reply #263 on: 12 Dec 2014, 07:58 pm »
I have relisted my RM2s and listed my LRC on US Audiomart . Com

duck851

« Reply #264 on: 13 Dec 2014, 12:04 pm »
I picked these up last night.  It will be a few days before I can check them out.

Jim

PRICE DROP  -  Two VMPS 12" subwoofers (don't know if they work) - $40    :o :o

Stimpy

« Reply #265 on: 13 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm »
Nice!  Congratulations!  I hope they are in good shape, and work out for you!   :thumb:

I picked these up last night.  It will be a few days before I can check them out.

Jim

Stimpy

« Reply #266 on: 13 Dec 2014, 01:02 pm »

Here you go...

VMPS RM-2 Speakers  -  (Kenosha, WI)  $1200

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649122780-vmps_rm2_speakers/

"I have a set of RM2s for sale. They have the light oak finish with black faces and black cloth grills. They are in excellent condition. These speakers have the FST ribbon tweeters, Neo Panel midrange, 12” Carbon Fiber cone woofer and a 12” down firing passive radiator. Two sets of binding posts allow for Bi-wiring or Bi-amping and include L pads to adjust treble and midrange output. Since the passing of Brian Cheney, VMPS has gone out of business and these speakers are no longer available but the last list price for a set like this was over $3,000.

Specifications
Bass- 30cm (12") woven carbon fiber, 30cm (12") Passive Radiator
Mid:- two rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8") Neo ribbons, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble:- FST, 6.9kHz - 30kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity:- 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 91 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 300 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 22 Hz - 25 kHz +0/-3dB
Dimensions & Weight:- 114H x 38W x 41Dcm, 55kg (45"H x 15"W x 16"D, 120 lbs)
Output levels and distortion:- max. 1% THD fullrange/1 W, max. 112+ dB SPL / 1 m

I have 5 sets of VMPS speakers plus a LRC and a Larger Sub. The only reason for this sale is to downsize my living room system from a 5.1 to a 2.1 system.

Speakers are too big and too heavy to ship so local pickup only. I can deliver these speakers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area with upfront payment and if you cover the gas costs. $1,200

I also have a VMPS LRC (Large Ribbon Center) for sale in a different post."

Stimpy

« Reply #267 on: 13 Dec 2014, 01:06 pm »

VMPS LRC (Large Ribbon Center) for Sale  -  (Kenosha, WI)

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649164640-vmps-lrc-large-ribbon-center-for-sale/

"I have a VMPS LRC for sale. It is Cherry in color with a black cloth grill. It is in fair condition. This speaker originally came with a spiral ribbon tweeter which I replaced with a FST ribbon tweeters (Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbon Tweeter, $192 at Parts Express) It has a single Neo Panel midrange and (2) 6” Carbon Fiber cone woofers. These are the upgraded 40oz Mega woofers VMPS offered as an upgrade. The speaker includes two L pads to adjust treble and midrange output. Since the passing of Brian Cheney, VMPS has gone out of business and these speakers are no longer available but the last list price for a set like this was over $1,100.

Specifications
Bass: - 2x 16 cm (6") WCF megawoofer, front reflex loaded
Mid: - rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8") Neo ribbon, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble: - FST, 6.9kHz - 30kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity: - 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 90 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 250 W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 35 Hz - 25 kHz +0/-3 dB
Dimensions & Weight: - 27H x 82W x 33Dcm, 23 kg (10,5"H x 32"W x 13"D, 50 lbs)
Output levels and distortion: - max. 1%THD fullrange/1W, max. 110+ dB SPL / 1 m

The reason I rate this speakers as fair is the cabinet has one scratch on the end. I also replaced the plastic grill guides that broke when it was shipped to me with magnetic grill fasteners. When I mounted the FST, I did not mount it flush. All drivers work perfectly and none of the above effect the way the speaker sounds. You will be hard pressed to find a better sounding center channel at any price.

I have 5 sets of VMPS speakers plus a LRC and a Larger Sub. The only reason for this sale is to downsize my living room system from a 5.1 to a 2.1 system.

The speaker is too big and too heavy to ship so local pickup only. I can deliver these speakers in the Milwaukee/Chicago area with upfront payment and if you cover the gas costs.
This is a stock photo, I will replace with photos of the actual speakers once I have time."

GLWTS

Stimpy

« Reply #268 on: 13 Dec 2014, 01:22 pm »
 VMPS Larger Subwoofer 1000W Dayton Amp -  (Shorewood Wisconsin - (Milwaukee)  $450

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/4802611530.html

"Legendary VMPS Larger Subwoofer complete with a Dayton SPA 1000W built in amplifier. Incredible sound but far too big for my living room. The Larger sub comes with two active woofers (12-inch and 15-inch) and a 15-inch downward-firing, slot-loaded passive radiator, that will rattle anything in the house that is not bolted down. Certainly not mint as is has some minor scuffs on the corners but it works great and looks great. If you don't know anything about this sub please read reviews. Here are a few:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/subwoofers/vmps/large-subwoofer/prd_120738_2741crx.aspx

$450 OBO. I'm very motivated so let's make a deal. Email or text with any questions."

Conradicles

« Reply #269 on: 13 Dec 2014, 04:57 pm »

Jim

Congrats Jim. I had sent the seller an email too about more photos, but did not receive them.

If you find they are not your cup of tea, I may be interested in them.

Eric.

duck851

« Reply #270 on: 14 Dec 2014, 05:44 pm »
Quote from: Conradicles
Congrats Jim. I had sent the seller an email too about more photos, but did not receive them.

If you find they are not your cup of tea, I may be interested in them.

Eric.

It was easier to do a quick check by bringing my desktop system to them, than taking them to my main system.  Looks silly, but all the drivers seem to work.  The down facing ones unfortunately need to be refoamed and I know it's a PITA…

Off to find the threads on accessing the 15's...

/mp

« Reply #271 on: 14 Dec 2014, 08:51 pm »
Chuckled at the incongruity.

Stimpy

« Reply #272 on: 16 Dec 2014, 12:30 am »
REPOST

VMPS - Super tower IIs  -  (Naperville, Illinois)  $220 Opening Bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Super-tower-IIs-/181612713475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a48f61603

Tower II's - Chicago area, any reasonable offer considered.

Stimpy

« Reply #273 on: 18 Dec 2014, 01:38 pm »
CUSTOM VMPS BRAND NEW TOWER SPEAKERS FF2-SA - (San Francisco, California)  $3200

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4800436876.html

"RIBBON MONITORS very similiar to RM 40 s but one less pair of neo panels. 50% of retail-brand new product-cutom built to each order . Many option available: sound coating, crossover upgrades, silver wire, tri - level adjust-ability. 

I have several pairs of tower speakers of Brian Cheneys old stock. These are solid construction and utilize his drivers. 3 variations exist - I only have 4 pairs of these left.

Pat M."

Stimpy

« Reply #274 on: 19 Dec 2014, 03:00 pm »
REPOST

VMPS Original Subwoofer (x2) - (Near Astoria - Portland, OR)  $500

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/ele/4802893029.html

NO PICTURE

"For sale: two (2) VMPS Original Subwoofers in the original floor space saving tall format (vs. low boy). These are the subwoofers created by Brian Cheney that caught everyone's attention, filling in the low end to his highly regarded speakers. NASA even bought some of these VMPS subs for the low distortion performance according to the brochures.

This pair has received the Megawoofer upgrade, which means the original poly cone woofers have been replaced with the improved real woven carbon-fiber cone 12" woofer with wood phase plug. This makes for better performance and, well, looks pretty cool. (These were the same woofers used in the very TOTL VMPS speakers including the "Best of CES 2003: High End Audio" finalist RM/X.) They can be used crossed over unusually high to add low end to minimonitors and still sound great. These are the purely passive variant (one set of binding posts) negating the need to bypass old crossover components inside. (My preference since active solutions these days are superior to the old passive approach.) Condition would be near to excellent except for one from-the-factory veneer issue on the top of one sub where a paperback book sized area is slightly raised. (Sorry, no photos available just yet.)

Original specifications, performance (distortion, frequency response, power handling, etc) has been improved with the Megawoofers:

VMPS Subwoofer
-Frequency Response: +0,-3dB, 19Hz-600Hz
-THD no more than 0.5%, 22Hz-600Hz with 1W drive
-Sensitivity: 94dB/1W/1m
-Maximum undistorted output: 126dB/1m for 5% THD
-Driver Complement: bottom-firing, mass-loaded, slot-loaded 15" passive radiator, front-firing 12" polypropylene cone woofer
-Recommended crossover range: 60Hz-300Hz
-Impedance: 8 Ohms
-Power Requirements 20W rms min, 250W rms max
-Dimensions: 27 1/2"H x 21 1/2"W x 17"D, Weight: 90lbs
-Internal wiring: Powerline speaker cable

Being that these are audiophile subs, very good at that, intended for music, I will only sell them together as stereo subwoofers make for the best sound in that role.

Begrudgingly selling to fund new audio system upgrades. Price is for both. (Low to reflect location.) Trade offers welcome, will add cash on my part if it's something I'm looking for."

Stimpy

« Reply #275 on: 22 Dec 2014, 05:37 pm »
Tall boy sub woofer with 1000w sub amp - (Scarborough, Maine)  $400

http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/4814513358.html

"Just like the one being sold on CL in Falmouth. 400.00 obo

VMPS Tall Boy Passive subwoofer. Two active front firing drivers, 12" & 15", and a 15" downfiring passive radiator. 4 ohm, 92dB/1w/1m, 250 w, Freq. responce 17HZ-250Hz. It is 32"H x 22W x 17D, and weighs 138 lbs. Needless to say, this thing is huge, and is considered to be one of the best passive subs ever made."

Stimpy

« Reply #276 on: 22 Dec 2014, 05:41 pm »
REPOST & PRICE DROP

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp Holiday Special - (W Falmouth, Maine)  $400

http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/4805933458.html

"Holiday Special, the wife says they got to go, we need the room! This VMPS tall boy sub woofer is in excellent condition, it has a front facing 12" polypropylene woofer (active), 15" front facing ppl (active) woofer, slot loaded and mass loaded 15" passive radiator (woofer) in an 8.25 ft3 160 lb oak enclosure. Need I say more? but there is more, also included is a Dayton SA 1000 sub amp with equalizer and crossover (1000 watts), the amp is brand new not even broken in yet. Yet there is even more I have the original owners manual for the sub and the amp as well. NASA's Langley research center uses two VMPS subs (yes I have two also, I am willing to sell the second one as well if interested) as a source of 120db sustained tone bursts. The enclosure top (oak) has been refinished and the passive woofer (15") has been refoamed, all the drivers are in excellent condition, definitely goes down to 20hz. they claim 17 hz. I also have the original dampening putty on the passive sub ready to fine tune to your room. A great deal and an amazing sub WOOFER!! Tight bass, very deep as well as fast, a great combination. I have been using the sub in a two channel system but it would be absolutely amazing in a surround system."

REPOST

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp -  (W Falmouth, Maine)  $525

http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/4603162887.html

Stimpy

« Reply #277 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:47 am »
VMPS TOWER 2 ll SUPER TOWER AUDIO SPEAKERS RIBBON TWEETERS SUB WOOFER - (Santa Rosa, CA)  $450 OBO

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/4819036113.html

"VMPS 2 TOWER SPEAKERS. GOOD TO BETTER CONDITION. FULL RANGE AND ALL CONTROLS / SPEAKERS WORK UNDER PRESSURE. BOTH CABINETS ARE NICE BUT NOT PERFECT. SOLID WITH SOME MINOR WOOD STAINING. GRILLS ARE FAIR, SOLID FRAMES, BUT OLD CLOTH. ALL KNOBS ARE ORIG. AS WELL AS REAR PAPERS. WITH DETAILS RE. SPEAKER HOOKUP ECT. COUPLE SPEAKERS BEEN CHANGED OUT SEE PICS BY PRIOR OWNER. BRING AMP FOR TESTING BEFORE YOU BUY. I HAD TO TAKE TO FRIENDS HOUSE TO TEST EM OUT. NO RIPS OR SCAMMERS, NO OUT OF COUNTRY SALES.  PRICE IS BEST OFFER. CASH AND SERIOUS PLEASE.. SPEAKERS ARE MONSTER BIG AND SOLID=HEAVY."

Stimpy

« Reply #278 on: 1 Jan 2015, 11:26 pm »
VMPS RM2 NEO LOUDSPEAKERS  -  (Saint Charles, Illinois)  $500 Opening Bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191461879806?rmvSB=true

"Medium oak finish.
Options: Megawoofer, Soundcoat, Auricaps (Capacitors), biamp/jumper instead of toggle switch (speaker terminals)

Floorstanding tower system with 12" woven carbon fiber woofer, 12" passive radiator, dual 7" Neodymium ribbon midranges, dual spiral ribbon tweeters. Impedance: 4 Ohms, Bass Cutoff Frequency: 22 Hz (-3 dB), Power Handling: 300 W, 126 lbs. each"

Stimpy

« Reply #279 on: 1 Jan 2015, 11:34 pm »
PRICE DROP # 2

TALL BOY sub woofer with 1000w sub amp - (Scarborough)  Now $300

Tall boy sub woofer with 1000w sub amp - (Scarborough, Maine)  $400

"Just like the one being sold on CL in Falmouth. 400.00 obo

VMPS Tall Boy Passive subwoofer. Two active front firing drivers, 12" & 15", and a 15" downfiring passive radiator. 4 ohm, 92dB/1w/1m, 250 w, Freq. responce 17HZ-250Hz. It is 32"H x 22W x 17D, and weighs 138 lbs. Needless to say, this thing is huge, and is considered to be one of the best passive subs ever made."
« Last Edit: 2 Jan 2015, 03:54 pm by Stimpy »