Super V or Otica MTM

flavo

Super V or Otica MTM
« on: 23 Feb 2018, 12:12 am »
I think I've read all the threads that reference the Super V and the Otica. Possibly more then once or twice. It seems the short of it is that you can't go wrong with either and that the Otica MTM is potentially a little more revealing and or detailed.
The amount of experience that I have listening to a dedicated 2 channel set up consists entirely of speakers and amps that I have owned and had in my listening/TV room over the last 5 years.
Outside of that 1 time I stopped into a little HIFI place on vacation in Syracuse called Tenacious Sound. Nice place, nice guy.
So descriptions might be a bit over my head anyway. And I am assuming that the speakers will be much more alike then not?
I am in the process of building dual H-frame servos. And I will be putting either the Otica or the Pi audio driver on top.
I guess my main question is basically. Will one work better in a less then ideal room for imaging and sound stage?

Thank you for your help,
Mike

Danny Richie

Re: Super V or Otica MTM
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2018, 06:01 am »
Well, the P-Audio driver used in the Super-V has been unavailable for several years. That is why we had to discontinue offering the Super-V kit.

As per your question at the end:

Will one work better in a less then ideal room for imaging and sound stage?

The NX-Otica MTM is most ideal.

flavo

Re: Super V or Otica MTM
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2018, 02:38 pm »
Thank you Danny, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
At the time of the writing there was a set of Pi's with jupiter cap upgrades already in surrounds to set right on top of an MTM on the trading post.
I'll be sending out payment asap.
Thanks!