The Mivera Audio Icepower 1200AS Purepower and Purepower SE case thread.

bavmike

• Facilitator
I’ll have the 1st complete SE finished to the pre-anodized stage on Monday. Tomorrow I’ll post some machining videos.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Got all the panels programmed in the machine shop CAD. They need to make a couple custom jigs to
hold the parts while machining. So won’t start cutting parts until tomorrow. Here’s a look at a few of their SOTA milling centers that will soon be running around the clock milling out precision case parts.

Here’s one of their several brand new SOTA Omax waterjet machines. Only reason I didn’t have them do the waterjet cutting this time is their machines are booked solid running around the clock till mid February.

jtwrace

I wouldn't call any HAAS SOTA!  The reason why most small CNC shops use them is very well known.

bavmike

• Facilitator
For lot 1-4 folks who made the decision to upgrade to these new cases, I am a bit behind when I was originally hoping to deliver. But I am doing things right with the best machines, experts and raw materials available. If anyone still wishes to opt for the Takachi case based amps they originally ordered, I can deliver right away. I have over 30 in stock.

bavmike

• Facilitator
I wouldn't call any HAAS SOTA!  The reason why most small CNC shops use them is very well known.

Well the Genos is doing the heatsinks. Perhaps if you order a case I'll build it with a hobbyist table top unit with stepper motors in my garage :). After all that's what my biggest 1200AS amp competitor uses. No wonder he charges more than my standard for his top option!

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!

Jeez Jason... you need to lighten up.  :shake:

It would be interesting(or maybe not) to find out how all the cases being utilized by audio companies are machined by Matsuura, Makino, etc.? 

Maybe we should be asking who machines the Kaluga amp by Mola Mola which comes in at 15 pounds...

Regards,

Randy

bavmike

• Facilitator

It would be interesting(or maybe not) to find out how all the cases being utilized by audio companies are machined by Matsuura, Makino, etc.? 

Maybe we should be asking who machines the Kaluga amp by Mola Mola which comes in at 15 pounds...

Regards,

Randy

Most are all done in China with Chinese machines and Chinese aluminum. Especially when you get over the $20000 price point. Because remember dealers make 50% of the MSRP. And that's after distributors take their chunk. Then of course they must attend sound shows, pay for Stereophile ads, pay for reviews etc. Not much room to use local machine shops after that.

jtwrace

Regards,

Randy
You're missing the point. 

bavmike

• Facilitator
You're missing the point.

What’s the point? There’s other amps at the price point using superior machinery to manufacture the casework? Or that it was a post with the sole intention to irritate me? Which one?

genjamon

It would be nice if at any point, Jason would make a point with an informative, rather than passive-aggressive style.  No one knows what the hell you mean by "the reasons local shops use Hass machines are well known".  Well known by who?  If you've got something to say about Hass machines, why can't you come out and say it?  It's a complete dick move to insinuate inferiority without actually stating your case, IMO.

mikeeastman

jtwrace

It would be nice if at any point, Jason would make a point with an informative, rather than passive-aggressive style.  No one knows what the hell you mean by "the reasons local shops use Hass machines are well known".  Well known by who?  If you've got something to say about Hass machines, why can't you come out and say it?  It's a complete dick move to insinuate inferiority without actually stating your case, IMO.
If one is in the know it's VERY well known.  I'm not the one that stated "SOTA".

jtwrace

What’s the point? There’s other amps at the price point using superior machinery to manufacture the casework? Or that it was a post with the sole intention to irritate me? Which one?
You know exactly the point hence your reply above. 

genjamon

If one is in the know it's VERY well known.  I'm not the one that stated "SOTA".

Care to educate anyone who isn't in the know?  Or just keep buzzing in everyone's ears? 

Or is it that you'd prefer everyone on the forum research on their own to become an expert in CNC machinery?

bavmike

• Facilitator
Let’s move on guys. Jason likes to source all of his gear out of China. Hence the photo in his profile pic. So it likely bothers him to see domestic manufacturing with domestic machines from domestic materials.

bavmike

• Facilitator

jtwrace

Let’s move on guys. Jason likes to source all of his gear out of China. Hence the photo in his profile pic. So it likely bothers him to see domestic manufacturing with domestic machines from domestic materials.
Come on man!   The modules you're selling aren't designed or built in North America nor are the Japanese cases, Furtech or Neotech wire.   :roll:

You're doing a great job though so keep up the work.   :thumb:

Photon46

sandbagger

Mike

were do we stand for batch 4 and the Takachi case in silver?

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Come on man!   The modules you're selling aren't designed or built in North America nor are the Japanese cases, Furtech or Neotech wire.   :roll:

But the cases (which is what you were talking about with your post) are.