Best sounding Blue Rodeo c.d.'s

Huck

Best sounding Blue Rodeo c.d.'s
« on: 23 Oct 2014, 11:08 pm »
 For me it's all about how good the particular recording sound quality is and now I am looking for some very good sounding Blue Rodeo c.d.'s,where should I start? Thanks,Huck

rockadanny

Re: Best sounding Blue Rodeo c.d.'s
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2014, 11:56 pm »
I don't find any of their releases I own I'd consider high quality/audiophile sound, but they are pretty good.
I'd certainly start with "Five Days in July" (my fav).
I also own and very much like: "Tremolo" and "The Days In Between".
Awesome stuff IMO.
I saw them in Toledo back in the last century. They are a terrific band.
Sorry I am no help as to which releases have best SQ.

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2014, 12:34 am »
Blue Rodeo- Greatest Hits has very good recording quality. Has all the songs of theirs that I like which is about 10. Saw their concert around 2004 at Saskatoon Auditorium and it sounded awesome, but they didn't play my favourite song Diamond Mine.

I'm going to play those songs now that you mentioned it, to start the evening. 8)

Audioclyde

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2014, 12:35 am »
I really like Five Days in July also, and was somewhat disappointed in their other albums in comparison.  I'll have to get a copy of the Greatest Hits.

Huck

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2014, 10:38 am »
Thanks and while we are here,what artist(s) has c.d.'s that have the "air" or the sound of "full-ness' in their recordings..... not sure if it's called 'reverberation' or not,but maybe if I list a few artists,you will know what I mean.....how about Roy Orbison,CCR,Chris Isaak,a few Colin James,?? Thanks,Huck
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm by Huck »