GAS Flea Market thread

vintage9594

VTI Audio Stand SOLD
« Reply #280 on: 22 Jun 2016, 03:36 am »

I have a VTI audio stand for sale….it is a modular setup with different heights to accommodate different component heights.  The shelves are in a darker cherry finish and I have 8 shelves and bases total.
2 tall
4 medium
2 short
Shelves aren't perfect but with equipment on them the marks won't be seen.

Local Pickup only in St Louis as I don't have the original boxes.

$200.00

thanks
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2016, 03:08 pm by vintage9594 »

daves

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #281 on: 23 Jun 2016, 02:52 pm »
Don. You have a pm.

Thanks, Dave

JohnH12

• John H
« Reply #282 on: 6 Jul 2016, 09:28 pm »
I have a pair of two cabinet PA speakers for sale.  These speakers have been designed to be used together as a three way when stacked, or separately as a high top and bass bin.  In total there are 4 cabinets.

The speakers are designed to take 200 watts in either configuration. Sensitivity is about 99 dB at 50 Hz, 2.83 volts.  The bass bin covers from 40 Hz to 500 Hz.  The high tops without the external crossover cover from 80 Hz to 20,000 Hz.  These are designed for smooth and detailed vocal reproduction with no harshness.  The woofers are Eminence; the horn is Selenium (Harmon/ JBL) in a SEOS waveguide.

Excluding labor, and paint there is about $1,000 in parts in these cabinets, I’m asking $600 for all. You can certainly demo, but no rental for gigs etc.

John H

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #283 on: 7 Jul 2016, 01:28 am »
THOSE.... look like a BUNCH of fun.  :thumb:

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
<delete>
« Reply #284 on: 12 Aug 2016, 05:52 pm »
<delete>
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2016, 05:30 pm by KenSeger »

popthinker

« Reply #285 on: 12 Aug 2016, 11:49 pm »
[DELETED] Found what I needed. Thanks.

« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2016, 01:12 am by popthinker »

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
<delete>
« Reply #286 on: 18 Aug 2016, 05:33 pm »
<delete>
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2016, 03:12 am by KenSeger »

mjmsound

« Reply #287 on: 30 Aug 2016, 10:56 am »

B&W Nautilus 804 speakers

Sound as good as they look. With grills, spikes and bi-amp jumpers. Yes, you may hear them. NO BOXES - local pickup please. Priced to move. $2200.

Sold
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2017, 10:01 pm by mjmsound »

mjmsound

« Reply #288 on: 30 Aug 2016, 10:57 am »
B&W Nautilus 804 speakers

Sound as good as they look. With grills, spikes and bi-amp jumpers. Yes, you may hear them. NO BOXES - local pickup please. Priced to move. $2200.

Oops! Sorry for the double entry, first time posting a pic and description.

kentj1948

Supra Cables, Rogue Athena Preamp, and a tube integrated
« Reply #289 on: 9 Sep 2016, 07:54 pm »
I have a pair of Supra Sword balanced interconnects for sale.  There is both a 1m and a 2m pair.  List was $1900, I am asking $700.  Will sell separately, $300/400.  This is Supra's best cable, made in Sweden.  Here is more info:   http://www.jenving.com/products/view/sword-ixlr-audio-1001906443

Also available is an Audio Institute integrated tube amp.  This amp uses EL-34 tubes and puts out about 30 WPC.  The outputs are a new matched quad of JJ Teslas and the inputs are NOS JAN GE 5670s.  Mike did the biasing.  The receipt for his work is included.  I can also include a quad of Pearl tube coolers.  Amp alone is $500, with coolers, $550. 

I am putting my Rogue Athena tube preamp up for sale.  Mine has the Mundorf cap upgrade and sold new for $6000.  It uses a quad of 6H30 tubes.  This is a beautifully made preamp with features such as a custom built attenuator, balanced in and outputs, balance control, tape and processor loops, and a remote machined from a solid piece of aluminum.  Have box, remote, manual, etc.  $3895  Here is a link to Rogue:  http://rogueaudio.com/Products_Athena_Front.htm

Sorry, I can't get photos to upload to Audio Circle.  Call me or PM me with any interest.  Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent

ptman

Speaker Craft 3 ways - Free
« Reply #290 on: 10 Sep 2016, 09:54 pm »
I have a pair of Speaker Craft 3 way sealed box speakers that I bought in the 80s. The company was on Big Bend at the time. They're well made, and I haven't run anything into them for over 20 years. One small chip in one cabinet edge. I'm sure they still work, or you can use the cabinets to DIY. They're 25.25 x 15.25 x 10.

Pick 'em up, they're yours. I'm in South County. I wouldn't turn down a bottle of wine if you feel bad about "free" :)

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #291 on: 10 Sep 2016, 09:59 pm »
Kent, I can help you post photos. Send me an email with the image, I'll post it for you.

ptman, I need a pair of garage speakers.
I also like wine. Cool thing is, I happen to have a bottle (or two?) of red.  8)
Do you happen to have pics? Not sure which speakers you've got.

ptman

« Reply #292 on: 11 Sep 2016, 04:54 pm »
Bob, PM sent.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #293 on: 11 Sep 2016, 08:06 pm »
Looks like Paul is now the proud owner of a bottle of wine.   :wine:

vintage9594

Rega Planar 2 w/Bias Cartridge for sale/trade
« Reply #294 on: 16 Sep 2016, 12:48 am »
I have a Rega Planar 2 with Rega Bias mm cartridge mounted.  This has the smoked dust cover and a Rega tonearm installed.  Table is stock hours unknown on cartridge but works fine and sounds good.  Dust cover has light swirl marks.

Local pickup in Dardenne Prairie or I can bring to work with me in Ellisville.

Thanks
Text to 314-498-3115 for photos or more info

$350 or best offer
Will trade for phono cartridge or phono preamp of equal asking price.

daves

« Reply #295 on: 16 Sep 2016, 02:22 pm »
I was saving some gear up for an audiojumble, but there is little interest, so here goes...

I want to do a little upgrading and have identified two targets - a pair of speakers and a Nelson Pass amp- so this sale will support these efforts(and clear some space!)

Fisher 500C push/pull 30+ wpc integrated tube amp with phantom center channel ...$620
This integrated amp has three PHILLIPS, three TELEFUNKEN, one MULLARD Gt Britain, and two JJ TESLA 12ax7s, all four GE 7591s that test over 90%, no case, works reliably but needs restoration, knob bright caps. It has been played for over 5 hours at two GAS events, all controls work smoothly, and is a solid performer.

Dynaco ST35 17.5 wpc push/pull tube amp ...$475
This amp has a case, 2 Mullard IEC 7247/12dw7 tubes, three TESLOVAK Slovenia 6BQ5 and one REALISTIC 6bq5 tubes, needs a fuse/fuse cap and restoration, is an intact survivor that needs refreshing.

Eico ST70 push/pull tube integrated amp ...$500
This amp has a case, has been restored by Mark Rotsch and Mike Missel, and works great. It is a survivor, with three Eico branded 7591s, one RCA 7591, a new Ruby Red 5ar4 rectifier, three Eico 12ax7s(one Mullard Holland, two Mullard Gt Britain,) two Eico 7247s(Mullard Gt Britain,) two RCA 6sn7GTB. It is missing almost all the knob insets, an easy cosmetic fix.

Eico HF81 push/pull 15wpc stereo integrated amp ...$550
This amp has been restored by Mike Missel, is in solid cosmetic condition with a cage, the brightwork on the brass faceplate needs detailing. It has three MULLARD Gt Britain EL84s, one RCA EL84, four RCA 12ax7, one Mullard Gt Britain 12ax7, two MULLARD Gt Britain EZ81 rectifiers. It does not have the pasted paper jack label on the back panel; I will provide a printed photo of the label or you can readily source it via Google.

Ming Da MC-2A3 tube linestage preamp with four inputs, two outputs ...$750
This Ming Da is CRAZY, as in blinged out piano black finish, huge transformers, three new 6sn7s(two Electron Tube, one GE,) three new JAN SYLVANIA 6dj8s, an ELECTROHARMONIX EL34 voltage regulator, and two ELECTRON TUBE 2a3s for the final stage. I have never seen a preamp like this before, and the 2a3s make for a robust bottom end.

All of these are available for preview before buying, all can be heard except the Dynaco ST35. They all have been heard at gatherings, and a fair amount of thought has gone into the tubes used, and the techs that have been under the hood.

Thanks, Dave

gerchin

« Reply #296 on: 20 Sep 2016, 12:28 am »
Hi, folks.

I've lurked here for many years, but I believe that this might be my first post. So apologies if I violate protocol; please just inform me if I do.

Had to put Mom & Dad into a nursing home earlier this year, and finding a new home for Dad's vintage "Hi Fi" gear has fallen to me. I can't call it his "stereo" stuff because most of it predates stereo. As such, there is only one of each item. All is untested, and some of it has been sitting in their basement for literally fifty years, so I will only offer my opinions as to the cosmetic condition. You get what you pay for, and it's all free. Pick up in Lake Saint Louis, or I can also arrange for pick up in Hazelwood. PM if interested.

AR turntable                                      Very rough, but there is probably enough left for a restoration.
EV 12" Wolverine LS-12 woofer with whizzer 8 Ohm  Basket good; cone damaged.
Garrard RC88-4 turntable                          Ancient. Has 16 2/3 RPM speed!
Jensen C6652 horn H-F Unit 16 Ohm                 Fair
Jensen 8"   C6660 M-F Unit 16 Ohm                 Good
Jensen 12" P12-NF C6665 woofer 16 Ohm             Excellent but needs new gasket; I have replacement gasket.
Jensen 8" S-562 full-range driver 8 Ohm           Excellent
Lafayette 8" closed-back mid                      Fair
Lafayette SK-105 horn tweeter 8-16 Ohm            Good
Olson S-297 cone tweeter 8 Ohm                    Excellent
Olson S-307 horn tweeter                          Excellent
Olson 8" S490 mid with whizzer                    Good but needs new gasket.
R&A 10" 7100p MK IV mid with whizzer              Excellent but needs new gasket.
unknown 12" woofer with whizzer                   Good; the only marking is "Made in Denmark".

Finally, anybody have an excellent condition Jensen H-222 coax that they want to unload? Dad had one of those, too. I'm keeping it. So I need another for stereo.

Thank you,
Greg

EDIT: PS, more to come as I discover new things. Watch for some old Grommes tube gear.
Also, I found a Jensen passive 3-way crossover network for the C6652/C6660/C6665 combo.

EDIT:  The AR table and the Grommes gear were snatched-up by forum members.
« Last Edit: 9 May 2019, 10:17 pm by gerchin »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #297 on: 20 Sep 2016, 01:05 pm »
Hi, folks.

I've lurked here for many years, but I believe that this might be my first post. So apologies if I violate protocol; please just inform me if I do.
Nope, you're all good. Welcome to the club!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #298 on: 20 Sep 2016, 04:28 pm »
What is this "protocol" of which you speak?   :scratch:

gerchin

« Reply #299 on: 20 Sep 2016, 04:43 pm »
What is this "protocol" of which you speak?   :scratch:

Figure of speech. Some boards are very picky about "what" is posted "where", and "how". I've never posted here before and didn't want to step on anybody's toes.