Question on remote

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Question on remote
« on: 26 Dec 2013, 05:55 pm »
Occassionally I accidentally press one of the input buttons on the remote - my unit is ony 1 input.  The only way I have been able to get out of this state is to unplug the unit from 12V power supply  and then repower it.  Am I missing something?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Question on remote
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2013, 06:56 pm »
Occassionally I accidentally press one of the input buttons on the remote - my unit is ony 1 input.  The only way I have been able to get out of this state is to unplug the unit from 12V power supply  and then repower it.  Am I missing something?

Yep. Here's what your're missing.

Let's say the LDR3x is on input #1 (call it the default input) and you happen to press the Input #2 button (one of 3 top row input select buttons). The unit will immediately mute and the status light will blink. At that point you can change your mind and choose input #3 instead. Or #1 again. When you're done choosing, you press the Enter button to cofirm/lock in your selection, the unit unmutes ramping back up to prior volume setting unless the volume was past 50% (step 35) in which case it tops out at step 35.

Of course if you only have 1 input and no input select relaying, all that's happening is you are muting the unit. But unlike normal muting, the unit is now in Input Change Mode and needs its Enter button pressed to unmute.

So, boiled down, if you accidentally hit a Input Select button, just press the Enter button.  :thumb:

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: Question on remote
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2013, 10:42 pm »
Just did it and worked perfectly.  Thanks.  Today I had another LDR3X owner over to listen to my new Lowther PM6A's and we were laughing about how crazy good this thing is as a passive preamp.  A game changer.