Product Reviews

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Product Reviews
« on: 10 Sep 2013, 02:15 pm »
This post is a consolidated listing of individual posts from various sources and gets updated from time to time.
Latest reviews are at top of the list.

« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2013, 06:07 pm by tortugaranger »

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Product Reviews
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2013, 06:06 pm »
Independent Review of the LDR1 - Part 1 (posted by konut in AudioCircle.com):http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119915.msg1278068#msg1278068

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Customer Feedback on the LDR3x from a DIY Build
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2013, 07:18 pm »
Received this wonderful note over Christmas from a customer in Portugal who finally finished his DIY LDR3x preamp project. Thought I'd share. Here it is verbatim (with permission).

"CONGRATULATIONS, MORTEN! The LDRx is quite a revelation with exceptional musical qualities!I must stress that I've been using a Vishay bulk foil plus Holco shunt resistors,silver wired stepped attenuator for the last 20 years(Audio Synthesis' PASSION) and that this unit was highly rated. Indeed, it is a very, very good passive control unit and I've been quite satisfied with it. Well, it is quite an achievement that the LDRx does everything better in a clear audible way!The music simply sounds fuller,warmer with more body and detail.Everything sounds more natural as if no electronic gear is being used. No small achievement in a system that combines a digital source, a digital 3 way crossover, solid state amplification and an all dipole loudspeaker arrangement comprising Quad's ESL63 electrostatics, a pair of Volt bass/mid drivers and a Gradient subwoofer. No nasty boxes at all! I enclose a picture of my LDRx in all its glory,showing its guts and surrounded by Flower Power. Well,what can I say? Thank you, Morten and Merry Christmas!" - Francisco Fragoso

Merry Christmas indeed!