Free TV Viewing

Don_S

Free TV Viewing
« on: 17 Apr 2018, 05:22 pm »
I have a new smart TV. It is smarter than me.  :( :lol:  LG OLED55C7P  There is a plethora of icons at the bottom of the screen but I do not know which ones are good choices.  i.e. FREE
There must be over 20 icons. Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed YouTube was not among the choices.  I was able to access it via the web browser. Entering search requests is a pain but it works. Is it possible to sign up and save things in YouTube?  I remember doing that a long time ago and then Google or some other company took over and changed things.  Obviously I was not a serious user before but watching music videos on my new TV and through a good 2-channel system is fun.

Phil A

Re: Free TV Viewing
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2018, 07:11 pm »
I have a new smart TV. It is smarter than me.  :( :lol:  LG OLED55C7P  There is a plethora of icons at the bottom of the screen but I do not know which ones are good choices.  i.e. FREE
There must be over 20 icons. Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed YouTube was not among the choices.  I was able to access it via the web browser. Entering search requests is a pain but it works. Is it possible to sign up and save things in YouTube?  I remember doing that a long time ago and then Google or some other company took over and changed things.  Obviously I was not a serious user before but watching music videos on my new TV and through a good 2-channel system is fun.

There's stuff like this (don't not if it helps or not)  - http://www.lg.com/us/support/answers/tvs2015/oled/connect-to-services

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2018, 07:55 pm »
Thanks Phil but that just seems to be a more complicated way (or simpler depending on how full someone's glass is) to watch broadcast TV. I am trying to access free internet content.

Forgot to mention I only have an antenna.  No cable.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2018, 08:56 pm »
So antenna gets you internet???
(no cable)
I would guess you do have internet access via hardwired connection?
Via WiFi?
Via smartphone?
Via phone line?
Via stealing your neighbors internet access?

I use TV over the air, and connect to the internet via my smartphone to my laptop.
But I have a data cap. So no streaming for me.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2018, 11:17 pm »
Thanks Phil but that just seems to be a more complicated way (or simpler depending on how full someone's glass is) to watch broadcast TV. I am trying to access free internet content.

Forgot to mention I only have an antenna.  No cable.

?  Did you watch the second video down the page?