SPATIAL AUDIO - Axpona 2018 Plans

Spatial Audio

SPATIAL AUDIO - Axpona 2018 Plans
« on: 18 Mar 2018, 08:36 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Axpona is almost here and we have fielded a huge number of emails as to our show plans. It seems everyone wants to see and hear the new X2 Modular speaker that we introduced at RMAF last fall. So, yes, a pair of black X2s are en route to Mark at Linear Tube Audio, who plans to drive to the event fully loaded.

The room will consist of 3 manufactures - Fern & Roby (table, phono stage, cabling), Linear Tube Audio (preamp, power amp) and Spatial Audio.

We hope to see you all there for an enjoyable time together in Room 696.

Clayton Shaw
www.spatialaudio.us

sumoking

Re: SPATIAL AUDIO - Axpona 2018 Plans
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2018, 09:03 pm »
Hello Clayton-
Are you going to go to the So Cal show this year?  I think its in Irvine....
Thank you.
Bill...

Spatial Audio

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2018, 09:32 pm »
Hello Clayton-
Are you going to go to the So Cal show this year?  I think its in Irvine....
Thank you.
Bill...

Hi Bill,

We have been doing the SoCA show in prior years, but the current mess going on with competing shows and new show promoters led me to decide to wait a year and let the dust settle.

Clayton

Chris_B

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2018, 12:50 pm »
Did anyone who went to Axpona check out the Spatial Audio / LTA room? 

dburna

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2018, 04:52 pm »
Yes, I went to both Fern & Roby rooms. Went to both without paying attention to what other gear was in the rooms, so I just listened with an open mind. Visited the room with the Spatial speakers first -- just lovely. Open sounding, smooth/liquid, and musical.  My first thought was "hey, these Fern & Roby folks have got something here"....not realizing it was the Spatials providing most/all the goodness. Next went into the other F&R room with F&R speakers. It was.....just OK, didn't hold a candle (or even a lit match) to the Spatials. 

So, in short, the Spatials were special. Well worth an audition. I could have sat in that room listening for a good long time. Only a few rooms at AXPONA made me feel this way, this was one of them.

Regards,  -dGB

Chris_B

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2018, 05:09 pm »
Very nice.  Thanks for the feedback. I head them a couple weeks ago and had a similar experience.  The dynamics were engaging and drew you in.