TWL Silver IC's

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
TWL Silver IC's
« on: 9 Mar 2018, 05:11 pm »
   How about a pair of 6N silver IC's with unbleached cotton dielectric and silver RCA's ??????  C'mon if anyone could make it right that would be TWL.
   The Spirit is hard to beat no doubt, however with my tubed electronics silver prototypes show promise.  Better ? Different ? Yes. Get going young Man.

charles

Triode Pete

Re: TWL Silver IC's
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:09 pm »
Charles -

I have other things "brewing" at the moment, which is taking a lot of "R&D" time...

Remember, my motto is "Affordable Audiophile Cables"... Silver versions of my "Spirit" IC's may slay that motto and may not be sonically better... different, absolutely, but better???

Look for some new product announcements in 2018!

Cheers,
Pete

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2018, 04:09 am »
Charles -

I have other things "brewing" at the moment, which is taking a lot of "R&D" time...

Remember, my motto is "Affordable Audiophile Cables"... Silver versions of my "Spirit" IC's may slay that motto and may not be sonically better... different, absolutely, but better???

Cheers,
Pete
Guys, I have been building silver ICs for years and it is very hard to get them right.  Took me 4 years to come up with material processing, connectors and a build that sounds right for single ended IC's.  Paralleling that build to make balanced versions doesn't work.  That took another couple of years and many prototypes.  Silver ICs are great in some... not most... applications.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2018, 03:26 pm »
Charles -

Cheers,
Pete

Great news for the future. Keep up the good work.

charles