Best sounding 'rock' or 'alternative rock' Remastered c.d.'s?

Huck

Hi:
I am looking to buy some Remastered 'rock' or 'alternative rock' (no country,classical or jazz) stereo (no multi-channel)c.d.'s and I would be buying these based on audio quality only..nothing else.
Please list at least two Remastered c.d.'s that you find superior to the 'original', be it first ,second,third,or whatever pressing....not counting MFSL,Audio Fidelity,Mastersound,DCC,or any other gold c.d..
Catalogue number or label would be nice.Thanks,Huck  :)
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm by Huck »

johnto

Beatles Sargent Pepper and Number #1a must fantastic, definitely better sounding than the originals.

Huck

Beatles Sargent Pepper and Number #1a must fantastic, definitely better sounding than the originals.
Do you have a catalogue number for that? Thanks,Huck

johnto

Think Pepper is B0026524-02 from 2017 #1 B0024111-00 from 2015 they print so small it's hard to see with old eye's. Their maybe other single cd versions from the same year. Pepper is 2 CD and #1 is CD DVD combo.

Huck

Thanks...any more(anyone?)...Huck

johnto

I think almost all the latest remastered CD's are good sounding. I don't have the numbers but have heard Zeppelin, Hendrix and the Stones mono box on good systems and all sound better than prior issues to me.

charmerci

Most Paul Simon releases (non-remastered are all I've listened to) seem to sound great - though I haven't listened to the sound of Rhythm of the Saints.

From what I remember, people say that the Beatles 2009 re-releases are the best sounding ones.

Rockadanny knows a lot about rock re-releases. Surprised he hasn't chimed in yet.

johnto

Also the 2013 - 2015 Van Morrison remastered CD's outstanding sound.

nature boy

Paul Simon's Graceland 25th Anniversary album (remaster) is truly excellent.

NB

qdrone

The Steven Wilson re mix of Aqualung and Benifit are jaw dropping.
THE re master of Labour of Lust by Nick Lowe is a marked improvement over the original red box cd.
The Razor and Tie re master of Emerson,Lake and Palmer's debut is the best I've heard But since then other companies have had a go at this recording and I don't know where the Razor and Tie endeavor stacks up to them.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
The Steven Wilson re mix of Aqualung and Benifit are jaw dropping.
THE re master of Labour of Lust by Nick Lowe is a marked improvement over the original red box cd.
The Razor and Tie re master of Emerson,Lake and Palmer's debut is the best I've heard But since then other companies have had a go at this recording and I don't know where the Razor and Tie endeavor stacks up to them.

All the Steven Wilspn remixes are supposed to be outstanding. I’ve only hear Benefit and Passion Play and would agree. It would be interesting to hear if anyone disagrees about his other remixes. The complete list is here:
https://www.facebook.com/swremixes/posts/1642199186012220

qdrone

I have Islands,Larks Tounge in Aspic and Starless and Bible Black and they are excellent. I also have In the Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan and it sounds excellent too but there is a SACD of this now so I don't know how it stacks up to it. Also the Steven Wilson cds come with gobs of extra tracks.

EIEIO

The Dark Side Of The Moon... in a dark room, halfway through your favorite beverage... spooky!

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Best sounding 'rock' or 'alternative rock' Remastered c.d.'s?
« Reply #13 on: 28 Mar 2018, 12:18 am »
Another vote for the Steven Wilson remasters. Jethro Tull - Stand Up is fantastic. Chicago II is also excellent.