• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Spring G2G???
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2017, 03:21 pm »
What speakers are setup this time? 

richidoo

« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2017, 03:39 pm »
Same system as last time, plus the Vega DAC.

My music is mostly modern and romantic era classical, bebop on vinyl. Not stuff other people like very much. But I'm sure there's enough stuff to get us through. Steve is coming.

Sol is bringing his latest SS amps, and some 6C33 monos he designed and built for Shane.

Anand is bringing TAPX and some wax.

My daughter is baking something special.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2017, 04:37 pm »
Same system as last time, plus the Vega DAC.

My music is mostly modern and romantic era classical, bebop on vinyl. Not stuff other people like very much. But I'm sure there's enough stuff to get us through. Steve is coming.

Sol is bringing his latest SS amps, and some 6C33 monos he designed and built for Shane.

Anand is bringing TAPX and some wax.

My daughter is baking something special.
:thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2017, 05:19 pm »
My new digital source is a RPi, running Moode Audio. I can attach a USB drive to the Pi, if anyone wants to bring digital music on flash or HD.   The Airplay function doesn't work, however, so I can't play Tidal on it.

My CD spinner is a vintage NEC CDP, with no digital out. So if we want to play CDs through the Vega, we need a CDP.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2017, 05:20 pm »
My new digital source is a RPi, running Moode Audio. I can attach a USB drive to the Pi, if anyone wants to bring digital music on flash or HD.   The Airplay function doesn't work, however, so I can't play Tidal on it.

My CD spinner is a vintage NEC CDP, with no digital out. So if we want to play CDs through the Vega, we need a CDP.
OK.  I can easily bring my sMS-200 along with my router, HD and laptop too if needed.  No big deal. 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2017, 05:22 pm »

I love that NEC CDP. Can we pop the lid off when we are there for fun and kicks? I remember you did some extensive mods to that classic...

Best,
Anand.

richidoo

« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2017, 05:50 pm »
I'll have new speakers for the next G2G, but I couldn't do anything new for this one.

OK.  I can easily bring my sMS-200 along with my router, HD and laptop too if needed.  No big deal.

If it's easy to extract from your system, might as well bring it just in case you get tired of Persichetti.

I love that NEC CDP. Can we pop the lid off when we are there for fun and kicks? I remember you did some extensive mods to that classic...

Sure, we can pop the lid. Maybe Sol can reactivate the digital out if it's simple. Actually Ric Schultz did all the modifications many years ago, for the original owner from whom I bought it in disrepair. I removed some of the less practical mods to get it working (and safe) again. ;)  It does sound pretty good with philips NOS DACs and signetics 5532 output buffers, but nothing like the Vega. We can compare.

Rich, do you want me to bring any ETOH?

BYOB.  I'll break out the old G2G scotch. I'm not drinking right now, so don't bring anything special for me. I will provide soft drinks Coke and Sprite, OJ and filtered water. And food - chili, salad, cornbread, dip and chips, desert. You are welcome to bring additional food if you want.

Park anywhere except on the grass. :)

Carlman

« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2017, 07:57 pm »
I plan to be there.  Do you want me to bring the Buffalo 2 DAC?  It'd be completely self-serving as I'd like to sell it.  I think if people heard it, they could at least vouch for it as a really nice sounding piece...

Chili, huh?  Goes so well with beer.  I may have to bring a bottle or 12.

Looking forward to doing AudioStufftm  ;)

-Carl

richidoo

« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2017, 08:09 pm »
Yes bring it all. It will be great to have you at the G2G again Carl. Been so long!

nc42acc

« Reply #31 on: 23 Mar 2017, 11:53 pm »
Been out of the scene for awhile with work. If anyone would like to hear the Bryston BDA-3 and T&A DAC 8 I can come Saturday. Looks like lots of equipment lined up already. Also have the Hattor balanced passive preamp. Any interest I am more than happy to bring.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 23 Mar 2017, 11:59 pm »
Been out of the scene for awhile with work. If anyone would like to hear the Bryston BDA-3 and T&A DAC 8 I can come Saturday. Looks like lots of equipment lined up already. Also have the Hattor balanced passive preamp. Any interest I am more than happy to bring.
T&A could be fun. 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #33 on: 24 Mar 2017, 12:06 am »
T&A could be fun.

Always  :wink:

Best,
Anand.

nc42acc

« Reply #34 on: 24 Mar 2017, 12:08 am »
Two votes for me to bring the T&A DAC8. Anyone have any DSD512 music?

richidoo

« Reply #35 on: 25 Mar 2017, 03:47 pm »
Today's the day!   :hyper:

Chili's on the stove, cookies baked, patio and house all ready for a big blast.

Have a safe trip!
Rich

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #36 on: 25 Mar 2017, 04:50 pm »
Have fun!

George

pi.bond

« Reply #37 on: 25 Mar 2017, 05:09 pm »
Sorry I can't make it today, but hopefully next time.

Enjoy - and avoid the pollen.  (-:

Terry
Raleigh

Carlman

« Reply #38 on: 26 Mar 2017, 01:15 am »
Greatly appreciate the invite, great hosting and fun folks today.

Thanks for having me. I had a lot of fun!

Carl

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 26 Mar 2017, 05:33 pm »
Thanks again to the most gracious hosts Rich and his family.  Always a great time with an excellent bunch of guys.  Richard S if you're reading this we missed you but James has replaced your spot so your seat is still warm if you're ever in town.   :lol:

After the ultimate dac off, the Vega is still top dog.  T&A DAC 8 and Bryston BDA DAC 3 were the others.  Nearly all redbook material and a few 24/96 files were used.  Why? Cuz we listen to music!  Well, most of us do.   :P