Amazing new USB/SPDIF Converter

nicksgem10s

Re: Amazing new USB/SPDIF Converter
« Reply #40 on: 16 Jul 2016, 01:06 am »
Cool to see others using sd card player for reference playback with dac. 

I have been using one from QLS Audio for years which has been modified for higher performance and use a high quality battery to power it. 

I basically view it as a digital turntable.  Just have to get up to change the disc. 

Not as convenient as computer audio but man does it sound incredible IMHO.

this_is_vv

« Reply #41 on: 16 Jul 2016, 08:25 am »
w/enclosure
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-STM32F407ZET6-AK4118-lossless-luxury-digital-DAC-amplifier-machine-/322188870730?hash=item4b03f4044a:g:-Q0AAOSwF0NXLw0n

w/o
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-STM32F407ZET6-AK4118-lossless-luxury-digital-DAC-amplifier-board-/322188870736?hash=item4b03f40450:g:nucAAOSwWF5XLxJS

There are different iterations. There is a thread over at tirnahifi.org that deals with these. It sounds very, VERY good but you need to replace the clocks at a minimum.
The board is fairly spare though, it's not all that hard to do if ur handy with solder slinging. The major benefit I heard was incredibly low noise floor and black background with no digititis.
Down side is using an sd card. I will write up a thread on it.

will wait for your thread on this..

rpf

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jul 2016, 04:02 pm »
I couldn't get the Dixio Pro 3Z to work and sent it back. The seller just confirmed it was DOA and refunded the purchase price. He was very pleasant but of course I'm out the return shipping to HK. I don't know why it didn't work but it could have been packed better.

I ordered the Singxer SU-1.

wushuliu

« Reply #44 on: 29 Jul 2016, 04:21 pm »
I couldn't get the Dixio Pro 3Z to work and sent it back. The seller just confirmed it was DOA and refunded the purchase price. He was very pleasant but of course I'm out the return shipping to HK. I don't know why it didn't work but it could have been packed better.

SU-1 getting some very positive reviews so far.

wushuliu

« Reply #45 on: 14 Aug 2016, 09:09 pm »
For anyone open to a more unconventional option for PC playback that's still C&C - the Oppo 103:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=144715.msg1549882#msg1549882

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #46 on: 16 Aug 2016, 06:17 am »
Case is now available as well as cased units:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singxer-CNC-Aluminum-Protective-Housing-Case-for-F-1-XMOS-USB-digital-interface-/112061036320?hash=item1a175bb720:g:Bd0AAOSwbsBXjcr8

Thank you for this, more up my alley as I just don't have time for DYI right now. I have not read that entire thread, way too long. Has anyone compared this unit to a M2tech Evo stack that you have read? Or any higher end converter? I haven't seen anyone comparing it to other converters. Just going from USB to a converter doesn't tell me much because I have never been impressed with USB direct anyway, at least on the dacs I've been willing to afford.

Thank you for any input in this regard.

wushuliu

« Reply #47 on: 16 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm »
Thank you for this, more up my alley as I just don't have time for DYI right now. I have not read that entire thread, way too long. Has anyone compared this unit to a M2tech Evo stack that you have read? Or any higher end converter? I haven't seen anyone comparing it to other converters. Just going from USB to a converter doesn't tell me much because I have never been impressed with USB direct anyway, at least on the dacs I've been willing to afford.

Thank you for any input in this regard.

it's considered much much better than any m2tech or audiophileo etc.

jaywills

« Reply #48 on: 16 Aug 2016, 01:13 pm »
Speaking from personal experience, it made the most dramatic improvement in my USB chain of anything I have tried.  Would still be using (the USB chain) it if I hadn't been turned on to the Rednet 3 (AOIP) by the folks on this board.  Cordially,

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #49 on: 17 Aug 2016, 05:09 pm »
it's considered much much better than any m2tech or audiophileo etc.

Well, I will soon find out, I ordered one last night, They are back ordered so the seller gave me $10.00 off for the wait which is still just Aug. 24th.

wushuliu, thank you for bringing this to AC, I don't usually hang at headfi and probably wouldn't have found out about it without you. I'll be very interested how it compares since the Evo stack was about $1500.00 just a few years ago.

mjock3

« Reply #50 on: 17 Aug 2016, 05:57 pm »
Yes thanks' to wushuliu!!

Has anyone one tried this via I2S??

ljbrandt

« Reply #51 on: 23 Apr 2017, 09:38 pm »
I've got an Yamaha RX-z9 A/V receiver coming to me and my source is a PC.  The receiver has both coaxial and toslink optical digital inputs to feed its BB PCM1792 DACs.  Question is, does the AVR have on-board digital clocks for these digital inputs to where I can go direct from my PC's MB? Or would one of these USB bridges be more appropriate to interface between the AVR and the PC?

Not looking to spend more than $100, so the F-1 is out...but maybe one of the lesser units would suffice, i.e x-1 q-1 qs-1 etc.

richard_crl032

« Reply #52 on: 13 Oct 2018, 02:55 pm »

Hi rfp,

Believe the SU-1 is serving you well.

Had benefitted from reading here in my search for <usd1000 usb-spdif bridge for my car android headunit with a high end audio system and tot I will share my findings.

Found some nice info over at audioscience website with various measurement and conclusion that indicate there is no significant difference and seemingly such bridges sound the same .. I beg to differ.

Have the hifime UH1 (without dac), the smsl x-usb and the on-loan diyinhk pro3z and  the pro3z is miles ahead on sound quality with much more details, transparency etc. and musicality than especially the cheapest UH1.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have compared the still xu208 Matrix Spdif2 so far which I hope is even better than the pro3z and would appreciates such sharing of experience here at audiocircle.com.

Thanks and cheers.

Richard

TJHUB

« Reply #53 on: 13 Oct 2018, 03:53 pm »
Hi rfp,

Believe the SU-1 is serving you well.

Had benefitted from reading here in my search for <usd1000 usb-spdif bridge for my car android headunit with a high end audio system and tot I will share my findings.

Found some nice info over at audioscience website with various measurement and conclusion that indicate there is no significant difference and seemingly such bridges sound the same .. I beg to differ.

Have the hifime UH1 (without dac), the smsl x-usb and the on-loan diyinhk pro3z and  the pro3z is miles ahead on sound quality with much more details, transparency etc. and musicality than especially the cheapest UH1.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have compared the still xu208 Matrix Spdif2 so far which I hope is even better than the pro3z and would appreciates such sharing of experience here at audiocircle.com.

Thanks and cheers.

Richard

There are some large threads on US AudioMart where a Matrix was compared to the Singxer F-1.  The Matrix had a thin sound in comparison, and was sent back.  I compared an F-1 to a Pro3z, and the Pro3z was more transparent, better defined bass, and richer tone.  The Pro3z was an easy winner.  Sad to say my Pro3z died many months back, so I replaced it with a Schitt Eitr.  It’s good too, but it lacks the finesse and tone of the Pro3z.  For me, you can’t beat the Pro3z, but new SPIDF converters are coming that just might.

As a note, the Pro3z sounds MUCH better fed 5.6 to 5.8 volts, but 6v is still a lot better than 5v. 

charmerci

« Reply #54 on: 10 Nov 2018, 06:21 pm »
I may flesh out this post later, but anyone with a coax input DAC needs to check this out, like NOW:

F-1 XMOS USB Digital Interface Module XU208 U8 upgraded version - $180

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-1-XMOS-USB-Digital-Interface-Module-XU208-U8-upgraded-version-/111961717820?hash=item1a11703c3c:g:UI0AAOSwAvJXBdC1

It uses some brand new XMOS chip. This thing is no joke and is probably where the next wave of Dacs is headed. Not talking 'minor' improvements to sound quality but MAJOR improvement. $250 MyDac + $180 F1 = Wow. I'm not being hyperbolic. Heard about it on head-fi. People using it with $$$ Dacs there, but I play in the C&C end of the pool. Here is the writeup I just posted.
there:

Looking at the original post - that listing is no longer available.

Does this low-cost replacement seem to be a match?