Paul Hynes Audio Ltd

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
    • http://www.paulhynesdesign.com
Paul Hynes Audio Ltd
« on: 7 Jan 2014, 03:34 pm »

Paul Hynes Audio Ltd new manufacturing facility is now operational. This facility has been set up to take over production and administration of my Paul Hynes Design product range. It is not possible to transfer the whole range at once due to the size of the range, the time required for the product documentation and the staff training on the production line, so over the next few years I will gradually transfer the Paul Hynes Design product range to the new manufacturing facility. I will post a notification on my forum trade thread when each product is transferred for availability from the new manufacturing facility. A web site for Paul Hynes Audio Ltd is currently under development and I will also post a notice when this is on-line.

I have already transferred two products into the new company. The very popular SR3 power supply previously sold by myself as Paul Hynes Design and the new lower cost Paul Hynes Audio SR2 power supply designed as a low cost upgrade for both switching and linear wall-warts and other external power supplies, supplied with many audio products nowadays.

The SR2 power supply can provide 1.4 amps DC and is available in the following DC voltages :- 3v3, 5v, 6v, 7v, 9v, 12v, 15v, 18v and 21v. The SR2 is supplied with a mains lead and a DC lead terminated with a DC plug to suit your equipment DC jack. Alternative connectors can be fitted if required at extra cost. The SR2 power supply costs £195.

The latest model of the SR3 power supply is available in the following DC voltage/current ratings :-
3v3 2A, 5v 3A, 6v 2A, 7v 2A, 9v 2A, 12v 2A, 15v 1.6A, 18v 1.4A, 21v 1.4A. The SR3 is a higher performance power supply than the SR2 and it is not supplied with a mains lead, as most customers prefer to use after market upgrade IEC mains leads with the SR3. The SR3 costs £300. The DC lead is also a separate item as several options are available for the SR3. The DC3C annealed copper DC lead costs £50 and the DC3FS annealed fine silver DC lead costs £85. The internal wiring from the regulator module to the DC output connector can be specified as fine silver for an additional £10 when the power supply is ordered or £20 plus return carriage when retro-fitted.

Because there are now more technicians available for production at PHA Ltd, both the SR2 and the SR3 are now available on a short lead time to shipping, which is currently between 5 to 15 working days.

Contact details are :-

For orders contact David Webb
e-mail sales@paulhynesaudio.com
Telephone 01953 883840

For product technical advice contact Paul Hynes
e-mail Info@paulhynesaudio.com

The business address for the new manufacturing company is

Paul Hynes Audio Ltd,
Unit 10 Linmore Court,
Threxton Road Industrial Estate,
Watton,
Norfolk,
IP25 6NG

All the best for the New Year
Regards
Paul

wisnon

Re: Paul Hynes Audio Ltd
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2014, 04:26 pm »
Excellent!

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2014, 01:53 am »
Hi Paul,

I'm enquiring which of your power supplies will work with the new Virtue One.3 which is a replacement model for the One.2 amplifier?  Are your power supplies fully finished?  I am not tech savvy unfortunately.

Thanks Rod

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2014, 01:58 pm »
Hello Rob,

If you are using efficient loudspeakers or play your music at moderate levels with inefficient loudspeakers, the SR5-30 works well with the Virtue One.2 and from Seth’s description of the Virtue One.3 I see no reason why it would not work with the .3 also. It can deliver 3.3 Amps continuous and 40 Amps transient. If you are looking for higher power delivery into low efficiency loudspeakers and play your music loud then the SR7EHD-30 would be the better choice as it can deliver 5.2 Amps continuous and 60 Amps transient. The exceptional transient delivery of these power supplies will give you a very stable sound stage under all musical transient conditions without dynamic compression or clipping within the full rated power of the amplifier.

Unfortunately I have not yet transferred either of these power supply designs over to Paul Hynes Audio Ltd yet and I would expect that the transfer of the SR5 will be at least 8 months away as we have other products to transfer before the SR5. The SR7 will follow after the SR5. I can make these power supplies personally for you as Paul Hynes Design custom build but I do have long lead times at present, due to my current work load. To help you decide where to go with this, currently the SR5-30 costs £525 and the SR7EHD-30 costs £650. High performance 1 metre high current DC leads terminated for the Virtue One.3 will cost £45. I can quote shipping costs once I know the destination.

If you are interested in discussing this further, it would be better to use e-mail as this thread has been set up for Paul Hynes Audio Ltd and I would prefer to keep the thread purely for Paul Hynes audio Ltd topics. My e-mail address is paul@paulhynesdesign.com

Regards
Paul

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2014, 05:36 pm »
Please note that Paul Hynes Audio Ltd and Paul Hynes Design are separate businesses. Paul Hynes Audio Ltd are manufacturing selected products under license from Paul Hynes Design but do not get involved with Paul Hynes Design day to day business activity. They are located over 350 miles away in England and they do not have access to Paul Hynes Design business records, therefore they cannot answer questions about Paul Hynes Design.

Please do not post queries in the Paul Hynes Audio Ltd thread, PM or e-mail Paul Hynes Audio Ltd regarding Paul Hynes Design business.

If you want to contact me at Paul Hynes Design either PM or e-mail me. There will be delays answering queries due to the down time caused by the December Atlantic storms that did widespread damage to the island infrastructure and, of course the Christmas and New Year holidays, but I will get to you eventually so please be patient.

Regards
Paul

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:28 pm »
I have clearly stated that this is not the correct thread to discuss Paul Hynes Design business in post 4 on this thread. Use the thread below instead.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120904.0

To avoid unnecessary irrelevant posts on this thread I will be removing any posts that do not comply with this request.

Regards
Paul

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2015, 06:34 pm »
The SR5 and SR7 high performance power supplies are now available from Paul Hynes Audio Ltd.

The SR5 can be supplied with the following continuous power ratings :-

5v @ 6A, 6v @ 6A, 9v @ 6A, 12v @ 6A, 15v @ 6A, 18v @ 5A, 21v @ 4.5A, 27v @ 3.8A, 30v @ 3.3A.

The SR5 can power a wide variety of equipment including DACs, Streamers like the Squeezebox range, the Mac Mini, single voltage DC input audio server low power motherboards, Raspberry Pi audio servers, USB cards, as a power source for the Pico ATX voltage converter in low power audio servers.

For a review of the SR5 powering the Mac Mini and also an SR5 powering a Squeezebox Touch see :-  http://hifipig.com/paul-hynes-ph5-power-supply/#more-15703

The SR5 costs £600 and the DC5C annealed copper DC lead costs £75. The DC5FS annealed fine silver DC lead costs £145.

The SR7 can be supplied with the following continuous power ratings :-

5v @ 12A, 6v @ 12A, 9v @ 12A, 12v @ 11A, 15v @ 9A, 18v @ 8A, 21v @ 7A, 27v @ 6A, 30v @ 5A.

The SR7 can power a wide variety of equipment including DACs, Streamers like the Squeezebox range, the Mac Mini, single voltage DC input audio server higher power motherboards, Raspberry Pi audio servers, USB cards, as a power source for Pico ATX voltage converters providing power for higher power audio servers.

The SR7 costs £750 and the DC7C annealed copper DC lead costs £100. The DC7FS annealed fine silver DC lead costs £229.

Other DC output voltages can be catered for on request.

These power supplies are shipped via parcel carriers and the cost will vary depending on the destination. We can quote for shipping if you include the destination with your initial enquiry.

Contact details are :-

For orders contact David Webb
e-mail sales@paulhynesaudio.com
Telephone 01953 883840

For product technical advice contact Paul Hynes
e-mail Info@paulhynesaudio.com

The business address for the manufacturing facility is

Paul Hynes Audio Ltd,
Unit 10 Linmore Court,
Threxton Road Industrial Estate,
Watton,
Norfolk,
IP25 6NG

Regards
Paul

boblloyd

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2015, 06:48 am »
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about the meteorological and medical storms that have been blasting you, and that you have had to close the custom work, but I'm glad to hear that the worst of the medical storm may be over.

The real point of my note is to say how much I have been enjoying my SR5/Mac Mini combination over the last year and a half, and this new production arrangement should make it much easier for other customers to get hold of one of these supplies.

For anyone thinking of trying one, I can only say that a PH supply is a game changer- without one, a decent CD player can often do a better job than a Mini, but put one in, and the CD is seriously outclassed. One you have done this, there are several further improvements which can be made, but none make as big a change as that main supply.

Audiophile58

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2015, 03:03 am »
Hello Paul Auraliti is a popular digital player and their after market supply  is not stated it uses a 1a -1.5 fast blow
Fuse. How to know what is correct size your power supply ? Thank you,Paul.

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2015, 11:38 am »
I have seen unconfirmed comments that the Auraliti draws around 1.5A continuous with a switch on surge reaching 20A for 100 mS. The power required by external drives or additional peripherals/ internal USB cards drawing current from the Auraliti has to be added to this.

The SR5-12 can provide up to 6A continuous and the SR7-12 can provide up to 10A continuous. Both supplies can provide more than enough transient current for the Auraliti motherboard start up transient current.

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 14 Nov 2016, 05:13 pm »
Paul Hynes Audio Ltd Closure

The closure of Paul Hynes Audio Ltd is a sad day for both David Webb and myself but circumstances in life change and projects do not always go according to plan. David is no longer able to run PHA Ltd alongside his other commitments, so we decided that closure was the best path, as I cannot run PHA remotely from the Isle of South Uist. Please be assured all current orders and guarantees will be honoured.

I have to admit I was considering retirement this year, but my daughter has modified my viewpoint on this. She reminded me that even though running Paul Hynes Design has not been plain sailing for various reasons over the last few years, thousands of past customers have been very pleased with the performance of my designs, and it would disappoint many to know that they were no longer available for their next upgrade.

Now Paul Hynes Audio Ltd is closing there is only one alternative option and that is to re-locate production back here to the Isle of South Uist.
This has become viable again, as I now have help here on the Isle, so from now on I will be processing all orders for my designs here.

I am currently in the process of negotiating the acquisition of premises with enough space to allow employment of additional staff for administration and production. This will leave me free to oversee the project and keep much better control of business activity.

Over the next few years I will also be able to introduce the products I have designed over the last decade that I have been unable to prepare for production due to lack of available time.

The very popular and highly regarded SR3, SR5 and SR7 will still be available of course as they have a proven track record of very high performance for their cost. I look forward to helping you achieve greater enjoyment listening to your music by providing you with these power supplies.

We will offer continued support for all products we have supplied, this includes servicing and guarantee work. Please contact either of us at the following:

For all products purchased from Paul Hynes Audio Ltd contact Advanced Camera Services Ltd on 01953 883840 or by email at acs_2005@btconnect.com OR enquiries@advancedcameraservices.co.uk or you can contact me directly at paul@paulhynesdesign.com.

For all products purchased from Paul Hynes Design contact me at paul@paulhynesdesign.com.

David and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and custom.

Regards
Paul Hynes
Paul Hynes Design