• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Turntable
« Reply #100 on: 26 May 2016, 10:13 am »

Rod_S

« Reply #101 on: 26 May 2016, 01:56 pm »
I like the 1st line of the article "Never say never. Even one year ago, Bryston said that the company would never build a turntable" :)

Perhaps that leaves the door open and gives hope to a new SSP down the road with Dirac room correction and 32 channels :D

Never say never James ;)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #102 on: 26 May 2016, 02:22 pm »
I like the 1st line of the article "Never say never. Even one year ago, Bryston said that the company would never build a turntable" :)

Perhaps that leaves the door open and gives hope to a new SSP down the road with Dirac room correction and 32 channels :D

Never say never James ;)

Hi Rod

No I have plans for another turntable with Dirac room correction built in and a new 9.2 Surround Sound Cartridge I am working on.  :lol:

james

Rod_S

« Reply #103 on: 26 May 2016, 03:26 pm »
Hi Rod

No I have plans for another turntable with Dirac room correction built in and a new 9.2 Surround Sound Cartridge I am working on.  :lol:

james

LOL

gene9p

« Reply #104 on: 27 May 2016, 01:48 pm »
How about one for a car like in the Green Hornet movie...... :green:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine

vegasdave

« Reply #106 on: 27 May 2016, 05:12 pm »
james, what is the weight of this unit. and does it sound better on a heavy table or a light one...also, will your cart be mm or mc.

Big Audio

« Reply #107 on: 28 May 2016, 04:30 pm »
Will there be clear set up instructions for the turntable along with whatever cartridge is chosen?

Maybe a video as well posted on your website.... :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #108 on: 28 May 2016, 04:41 pm »
Will there be clear set up instructions for the turntable along with whatever cartridge is chosen?

Maybe a video as well posted on your website.... :thumb:

Hi

Yes there will be a dedicated protractor and instructions for setup. 

james

vegasdave

« Reply #109 on: 28 May 2016, 07:17 pm »
Hi

Yes there will be a dedicated protractor and instructions for setup. 

james

cool deal...and i heard from alittle birdie that the turntables are selling like hotcakes...true?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #110 on: 29 May 2016, 12:23 am »
cool deal...and i heard from alittle birdie that the turntables are selling like hotcakes...true?

Yes I have to say I am very happy with the response so far - first order is presold.

james

vegasdave

« Reply #111 on: 29 May 2016, 11:56 am »
Yes I have to say I am very happy with the response so far - first order is presold.

james

ok, so it exceeded your expectations, true?

and how would you say your tt sounds...what stands out the most to you.

will the cart be an mm or mc?

what is the weight of the unit...

does it respond better to low mass or high mass racks, tables, etc.

and is vta easy to adjust...

since bryston has brought back target stands, will you bring back the now famous wall mount tt rack?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #112 on: 29 May 2016, 12:13 pm »
ok, so it exceeded your expectations, true?

and how would you say your tt sounds...what stands out the most to you.

will the cart be an mm or mc?

what is the weight of the unit...

does it respond better to low mass or high mass racks, tables, etc.

and is vta easy to adjust...

since bryston has brought back target stands, will you bring back the now famous wall mount tt rack?

Hi Dave

I would say it sounds very neutral but a lot depends on the cartridge chosen of course.  Turntables/Cartridges/Tonearms/ Phone Stages/ provide a real soup of mixtures so you can end up with a variety of sounds depending upon you preference.  My preference is really great transient response and quiet grove tracking so my choice of cartridge may be different than yours.  It is one reason I want to offer a 'plug and play' system using the Bryston Table/Arm/Cartridge/Phono section in a package already set up and optimized.

I have a number of MC cartridges and the Bryston Tonearm is well suited to these type of cartridges but most MM cartridges are OK and I have an Ortofon Black MM that works well..

Yes we are working on both new Target Equipment Racks with isolated turntable top shelfs as well as Turntable 'on wall' racks.

james
« Last Edit: 29 May 2016, 02:02 pm by James Tanner »

vegasdave

« Reply #113 on: 29 May 2016, 03:36 pm »
Hi Dave

I would say it sounds very neutral but a lot depends on the cartridge chosen of course.  Turntables/Cartridges/Tonearms/ Phone Stages/ provide a real soup of mixtures so you can end up with a variety of sounds depending upon you preference.  My preference is really great transient response and quiet grove tracking so my choice of cartridge may be different than yours.  It is one reason I want to offer a 'plug and play' system using the Bryston Table/Arm/Cartridge/Phono section in a package already set up and optimized.

I have a number of MC cartridges and the Bryston Tonearm is well suited to these type of cartridges but most MM cartridges are OK and I have an Ortofon Black MM that works well..

Yes we are working on both new Target Equipment Racks with isolated turntable top shelfs as well as Turntable 'on wall' racks.

james

james, your description of the sound is right up my alley. i just wanna hear what's in the grooves, not the tt, cart, wiring...which is what some audiophiles get their kicks out of.

well, yes of course...absolutely many variables, and you have to be careful in terms of matching cartridge to arm and setup in general.

more than a few people don't really have the patience to do tt setup after over a quarter century of cd, so plug and play is a great idea. i'm all for it, really. now will the arm and cart be set up there at the factory, or?

i've never owned an mc due to the cost of retipping or having to buy a whole new cart. but they do sound great, though. the ortofon black is 1 of the best mms on the market. i prefer the top audio-technica's, and while some say they're thin and bright sounding as some say about bryston ad nauseum, i find them to be very open and alive, as well as very robust. my reference for the past 9 years has been the at150mlx model. let me know if this would work with your tt.

sounds great about the target racks... they'll probably sell like hot cakes too, and audiophiles will be salivating over them...and you can write me up for 1 of those! further down the road, unfortunately as i'd love to have 1 now, i take it you have the original blue-prints too, true?

anyway, thanks for your time as always!

Big Audio

« Reply #114 on: 29 May 2016, 04:25 pm »
Hi Dave

It is one reason I want to offer a 'plug and play' system using the Bryston Table/Arm/Cartridge/Phono section in a package already set up and optimized.

james

Hi James,
Will those cartridges be Goldnote?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #115 on: 29 May 2016, 04:53 pm »
Hi James,
Will those cartridges be Goldnote?

Hi

Not sure as I have had a number of companies contact me about it so I want to try a few cartridges first.

james

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #116 on: 29 May 2016, 06:07 pm »
Not sure as I have had a number of companies contact me about it so I want to try a few cartridges first.
FWIW, I highly recommend the Adjust+ software for turntable, cartridge, and phono stage setup and measurements.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #117 on: 29 May 2016, 07:58 pm »
FWIW, I highly recommend the Adjust+ software for turntable, cartridge, and phono stage setup and measurements.

Hi

Where can I find that?

james

TomS

« Reply #118 on: 29 May 2016, 08:58 pm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator