COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

Emil

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #100 on: 18 Nov 2015, 01:53 pm »

:lol:

Mudslide

« Reply #101 on: 31 Aug 2016, 10:52 pm »
Well...it's time to break out the old jerseys and start cheering again.  Another season of hopes and heartbreak is upon us!   :bounce:  Who has the final 4 lined up?

Emil

« Reply #102 on: 1 Sep 2016, 11:52 am »
and Oregon will be wearing new uniforms this year!

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/04/30/surprise-oregon-introduces-a-new-uniform/

[

Emil

« Reply #103 on: 1 Sep 2016, 12:05 pm »
Dont underestimate the importance of the unis to recruits

http://picksixpreviews.com/fashion-wars.html

First, we asked: “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team.”   The recruits could answer 'Very True', 'Moderately True', 'Moderately False', 'Very False', or 'N/A'.  Only 11 out of 100 prospects responded 'Very False',  while 72 responded either 'Moderately True' or 'Very True'.  Next we asked: “A school’s uniform will impact my college decision.”  The results were: 'Very True' (7), 'Moderately True' (26), 'Moderately False' (24), and 'Very False' (31).  To be honest, I expected even more 'Very False' responses than there were.  I imagine most prospects place education, winning tradition, and other criteria much higher than uniform design

Dont think Alabama has anything to worry about.

Personally, I love Penn States simple blue and white

Mudslide

« Reply #104 on: 1 Sep 2016, 02:36 pm »
Say what you will....

Pre - Oregon University uniform and Nike marketing blitz = Ducks were awful to average.

Post - Oregon University uniform and Nike marketing blitz = Very top tier record (third only to tOSU and 'Bama over last few years).

I agree with you, Emil...PSU has nice, neat looking unis.  But other than OU, I like FSU second best.  I wonder if they take 71 year old football players.  LOL.   :lol:

Speaking of 'Bama...I have a prediction.  It's just an intuitive guess.  But given their qb situation and other "USC" (entitlement and staff) issues...I believe they're going to lose 'at least' two games this year and not make the CFP.  YMMV.

Emil

« Reply #105 on: 2 Sep 2016, 09:41 pm »
My Nittany Lions start the season against Kent State Saturday afternoon. Whole  bunch of new faces this year as well as a new offensive coordinator, Joe Moorehead from Fordham and offensive line coach Matt Limegrover from Minnesota.
QB Hackenberg was sacked 44 times in 2014 and and 38 times in 2015. Poor kid.Rushing game suffered greatly also. It was the defense that kept them in the game to a point

Here is Hackenberg getting sacked vs Temple last year against a two man rush in the 1st game on 2015 :duh:
http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/05/christian-hackenberg-got-sacked-by-two-man-temple-rush/

That was the 1st game of the year. You knew it was going to be a long season :oops:

This year head coach Franklin has his full complement of scholarships and players her personally recruited.

Weeks two and three are against in state rivals: Pitt and Temple.

Fingers crossed

ebag4

« Reply #106 on: 10 Sep 2016, 12:35 am »
My Cards have a QB to watch, Lamar Jackson!  GO CARDS!!

Best,
Ed

kgturner

« Reply #107 on: 10 Sep 2016, 01:31 am »

Best,
Ed

My Auburn Tigers have 3 quarterbacks to watch, plus a direct snap to full back and running back. 5 QBs! Beat that.......everybody else will.  :lol:

Kevin T

ebag4

« Reply #108 on: 10 Sep 2016, 02:04 am »
My Auburn Tigers have 3 quarterbacks to watch, plus a direct snap to full back and running back. 5 QBs! Beat that.......everybody else will.  :lol:

Kevin T
So far anyway  :wink:, but just barely.

Best,
Ed

pgbcincy

« Reply #109 on: 10 Sep 2016, 03:46 am »

Hey Ed, Jackson is putting on a show right now!

Speaking of QB's... did you know Ohio State won the National Championship with their 3rd string QB?    :icon_lol:   Sorry... yes Im still living in the past and it never gets old.  I'm still smiling!  :green: 

Escott1377

« Reply #110 on: 10 Sep 2016, 09:18 am »

stlrman

« Reply #111 on: 10 Sep 2016, 11:59 pm »
Big victory for the Pitt Panthers over rival Penn State !! Huge game for the city of Pittsburgh!
42-39 , so I assume it was hugely entertaining!!
Hail To Pitt :thumb:
This rivalry returned after 16 years.

Emil

« Reply #112 on: 11 Sep 2016, 08:35 pm »
Big victory for the Pitt Panthers over rival Penn State !! Huge game for the city of Pittsburgh!
42-39 , so I assume it was hugely entertaining!!
Hail To Pitt :thumb:
This rivalry returned after 16 years.

Nittany Lions fan here.

You assume? You mean you didnt watch it? :scratch:
What a rollercoaster of emotions I had during that game. Depression to euphoria to depression and so on .
Pitt led 28 to 7 in the second. quarter. PSU rallied in the 4th quarter with 18 points bringing it to 42 to 39 Pitt. With less than 2 minutes PSU was down to the Pitt 31. With a field goal to tie, QB McSorely went for it all a threw weak pass for an interception in the endzone. Game over. Rookie mistake.
Proud of my Nitts . Showed alot of heart. Never gave up :thumb:

See you next year at State College :D

Emil

« Reply #113 on: 11 Sep 2016, 09:06 pm »
Hey Pgbciny

You guys are coming Oct 22nd for the White Out game. . Took you guys 2 overtimes to beat us two years ago. Not easy to win in Happy Valley in a White Out and that was the year you won the National Championships. We wont talk about last tears game :oops:

Anyway, you did have a bit of help from the refs :icon_lol:

Couldn't review the interception call because of "equipment malfunction"?
Not one ref watching the game clock?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGxuIAylEI

I'll be on the 40 yd line, row 72 in the nosebleeds :thumb:

pgbcincy

« Reply #114 on: 12 Sep 2016, 12:59 am »
You guys are coming Oct 22nd for the White Out game. . Took you guys 2 overtimes to beat us two years ago. Not easy to win in Happy Valley in a White Out and that was the year you won the National Championships. We wont talk about last tears game :oops:

I have to say… White Out is one of the coolest sights to see… you guys Rock that place.  8)

Anyway, you did have a bit of help from the refs :icon_lol:

Yep, we have the ref’s in our pocket.  :roll:  I hate bad calls, no matter what way they go.  I seem to recall some poor ones in Penn St's favor in that game as well but I don’t have the Youtube documentary to prove that….. maybe just my personal slant on history?    :)

I'll be on the 40 yd line, row 72 in the nosebleeds :thumb:

40 YL is great even high up and in that atmosphere, oh man!  :thumb:   Hope for a good game and no ref mistakes!

pgbcincy

« Reply #115 on: 17 Sep 2016, 07:17 pm »
Louisville/Jackson making statement!  Seminoles falling apart...  Go Bucks!  Make me proud!

ebag4

« Reply #116 on: 17 Sep 2016, 09:12 pm »
Louisville/Jackson making statement!
Yes they did!  Just got home from the game, WOW, Lamar Jackson is s the real deal!  The entire team played great across all 3 phases of the game.  I haven't verified, but was told that is the worse loss Fl State has ever experienced.  Great game!  Go Cards!!

Best,
Ed

Emil

« Reply #117 on: 26 Sep 2016, 06:07 pm »
So my Nittany Lions took an expected beating this past weekend against Michigan but we did have one highlight

Our kicker Joey Julius

Thats right. 5 ft 10 and 259 pounds.....as a freshman. he's now 271 as a sophomore :lol:

Joey is not the type of kicker who just waits back and hopes the guy is tackled way before they get to him.

get a load of this agianst Kent State:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-4C5qswyys

and this against Michigan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX3sQLcLjYQ

Ohio State in 3 weeks. Oh boy.

If we get embarrassed like we did in Michigan and at home no less, things will get ugly at Happy Valley.

Sanctions really did take its toll on the program but thats another story

ebag4

« Reply #118 on: 29 Sep 2016, 05:48 pm »
A big test for the Cards Saturday night , playing Clemson at Death Valley!  GO CARDS!!!

Best,
Ed

stlrman

« Reply #119 on: 30 Sep 2016, 12:34 am »
Norte Dame off to to horrid start! :thumb: