If you can build IKEA furniture, these will be a breeze. H Frame Flat Packs

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Ruben is sending the tool kit to build them as I have 10 left thumbs and no wood working tools. I can probably manage a glue up of the two 3x8" H frames

You'll be able to knock them out in a few hours. Feel free to give me a call with any questions that may come up.

Thanks,

Ruben

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Ruben,
Thanks!  Will do!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
All 102lbs of the two, 3x8" flat pack and tool kit arrived today in fine condition.  Made it before the rain set in! 

Once the weather gets better, will be unpacking it and see if everything is ok and then start the glue-up.

Six 8" servo woofers wire and connectors are on the way. 

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Hi Rich,

All 102lbs of the two, 3x8" flat pack and tool kit arrived today in fine condition.  Made it before the rain set in!

Actually, the flat pack alone is 107 lbs! :weights: Ultra refined MDF is very heavy.

Once the weather gets better, will be unpacking it and see if everything is ok and then start the glue-up.

I can assure you that everything is just fine. :D

Six 8" servo woofers wire and connectors are on the way.

:thumb:

Can't wait to see them finished!

Best,

Ruben

bdp24

HAL, I don't remember---do you already have a pair of 12" OB Servo woofers in H-Frames (even if as Super-V woofers) to compare the 3-8" version with? If so, you're probably the first (other than Danny) to be able to do so.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Yes, I have Super-V's with the 12" servo's and the 2x 3-8" servo setups.

The present 2x 3-8" servo setups are in U baffles.  Once I get the H Frame built, will be giving it a listen.

The H Frame will be getting the DSP crossover sub feed from a three way setup I am working on.  Very different speakers from the Super-V's. 

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
I will be cutting a pair of 3 x 12" H frame flat packs Thursday, or Friday of this week.

If anyone else would like a pair please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Ruben

This is how they look standard, but can be modified if you'd prefer a different look.

TomS

I will be cutting a pair of 3 x 12" H frame flat packs Thursday, or Friday of this week.

If anyone else would like a pair please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Ruben

This is how they look standard, but can be modified if you'd prefer a different look.

Did you mean 3 x 8" which is what the picture looks like or are you doing a triple 12" H-frame now too?

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
or are you doing a triple 12" H-frame now too?

Yes, Sir!

I was trying to show how the standard 3 x 12" H frame would look by using the 8" version as an example. Same look, just bigger.

Thanks,

Ruben

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Back from travel.

Here are the tools and glue for putting the 3x8" servo OB H-Frame together.

Will be unpacking the flat pack soon.

SoCalWJS

Back from travel.

Here are the tools and glue for putting the 3x8" servo OB H-Frame together.

Will be unpacking the flat pack soon.
Looking forward to your updates Rich. Hope it all goes well and so smoothly that even a neophyte like me can handle it.  :green:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
I just figured out how the clamps work!  :o

Captainhemo

Don't go too crazy  with those clamps, just good and snug.
Learned my lesson  when I was laminating some panels and got a little carried away    :lol:
Does Ruben  include those  in  the kit ?  If so,  what a bonus for people who  don't have   the tools to get started  :thumb:

-jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
-jay,
Yes, they came with my flat packs, along with the glue, sand paper and straps. 

When Ruben said it's like putting together IKEA furniture, he gave a great description!

SoCalWJS

-jay,

When Ruben said it's like putting together IKEA furniture, he gave a great description!
:o

:thumb:

Captainhemo

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Ruben is "Da Man" when it comes to casework.   :thumb:

Captainhemo

Ruben is "Da Man" when it comes to casework.   :thumb:

Are y uback ?    Recovered from the   holiday   :lol: :lol:

-jay

SoCalWJS

-jay,

OK....... :hyper:

It's time for our weekly update! Any progress?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Back from travel and have been so busy with the MS-3 and dspMusik installs, had to hold off with the servo baffle build.   :duh:

Will start that next week and get them done.  I have been using the U Frames with the 3x8" servo's and they sound really good.  Have a few things to do for improvement.

I promise updates soon.