Dayton Audio SAT-BK Satellite Speaker Pair Black $39!

srb

Re: Dayton Audio SAT-BK Satellite Speaker Pair Black $39!
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jul 2011, 03:20 pm »
I was going to recommend this recent topic specifically about the Audiosource Amp 100, but it looks like you were involved in that discussion.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95274.0

Steve

chgolatin2

« Reply #21 on: 19 Jul 2011, 05:33 am »
I have actually changed my mind about the Audiosource amp, going to modify my Jolida FX10 and add a sub out to it, I prefer tubes instead  :thumb:  Still debating on the speakers that I am viewing so any suggestions would be appreciated!  Ciao :wink:

Poultrygeist

« Reply #22 on: 19 Jul 2011, 11:05 am »
"modify my Jolida FX10 and add a sub out"

Why not try two Y connectors from your source and split the signal, one going to the Jolida and one to the powered sub. 

chgolatin2

« Reply #23 on: 19 Jul 2011, 01:31 pm »
Hmmm, this is new to me...  A Y connnector? :scratch:  How does that work and where can I purchase it?  Does it affect sound???

Thanks~

chgolatin2

« Reply #24 on: 19 Jul 2011, 01:33 pm »
This may save me some $$$ I was about to send the unit out to Jolida to get it modified  :roll: :oops: :nono:

Poultrygeist

« Reply #25 on: 19 Jul 2011, 02:33 pm »
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3909665

If you have CD player with decent output the signal can be split and shared between amps without degradation.

chgolatin2

« Reply #26 on: 20 Jul 2011, 05:44 am »
Cool, thanks! I just received the Dayton speakers and I have to admit, their NOT what I expected them to be but for $39 I can't complain.  However, I did order a pair of Sony speakers as well so I'm gonna wait to compare them side by side and make my choice but I'm not impressed w the quality of the Dayton, cheaply made and the components used are not the best but again you get what you paid for.  I still havent auditioned them so I maybe a lil skeptical :scratch:

chgolatin2

« Reply #28 on: 22 Jul 2011, 04:16 pm »
Wow, definitely an alternative :)~

chgolatin2

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jul 2011, 08:13 pm »
Finally, I had a chance to auditioned the Daytons and the Sony SS-B1000 5 1/8-Inch Bookshelf Speakers, wow, the Daytons sound way better however the Sony's provide a nice cleaner bass.  Since I have a total of 4 Daytons and 4 Sony's, I'm just going to paired them together rather than run all Daytons and all Sony's separtely, when I put 1 Dayton and 1 Sony together for some reason they sound better than 2 Daytons or 2 Sonys.  Overall, I am very happy!